Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Pair of Utility Knives.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Pair of Utility Knives.
on: August 28, 2014, 03:18:03 PM
I found this Stanley utility knife, which I was a bit surprised, didn't already have. So that was a good find. This one is very well made.

And I came across this one, which now officially is the cheapest utility knife I have ever had the misfortune to have seen and bought. Everything is plastic except for the worst blade locking mechanism I have ever seen, and the clip.

The blade guard is cheap plastic. In fact, one of the blade guards plastic ribs is cut right through. The liner lock isn't very functional, and down right dangerous as it sort of refuses to lock unless you reef the blade as open as you can...and it will just engage with some authority. The blade retention mechanism is a very bad design necessitating one to unscrew the bolt almost completely off...and I can tell you with experience it is a bear to get back in properly if you ever go to far...which is all too easy as you almost have to in order to pull the blade out. Yeah, this one is a real winner.

A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline sawman

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • You're amongst friends.
Re: Pair of Utility Knives.
Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 03:44:24 PM
That plastic beast doesn't just suck, it's also a safety hazard!
SAW

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Re: Pair of Utility Knives.
Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 05:26:28 AM
That it is. Most utility knives are great deals as they tend to be rather cheap in price, and their quality exceeds their price point. This tool is one of those rare purchases where I wanted my 3 bucks back.  :facepalm:
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75