Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Keychain EDC

us Offline afinitaln

Keychain EDC
on: August 29, 2014, 04:10:39 AM
I have had many different one piece keychains and at one point up to ten on my keychain. I have narrowed it down to 4 that I can't be without.
image.jpg
* image.jpg (Filesize: 209.9 KB)

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Keychain EDC
Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 05:07:42 AM
It's nice you were able to find a good balance.  I struggled with mine since I have to carry keys  :rofl:.   
Esse Quam Videri

au Offline DazMechanical

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 01:35:03 AM
What is the one on the far right?
darren

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3 on: August 30, 2014, 01:51:42 AM
What is the one on the far right?

Google says Pocketweez.   :)

au Offline DazMechanical

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: August 30, 2014, 03:32:38 AM
 :D I thought it was some kind of tweezers.  :tu:
darren

us Offline mrynnr

• SAK Addict
  • No Life Club
Reply #5 on: August 30, 2014, 03:39:23 AM

:D I thought it was some kind of tweezers.  :tu:
it is! :D

us Offline afinitaln

Reply #6 on: August 30, 2014, 05:33:38 AM
Yes, sorry it is a pocketweez. Absolutely a high quality item, I believe there is a newer version now available. Great for tic and sliver removal

us Offline Rux

Reply #7 on: August 31, 2014, 01:36:54 PM
I have mixed feelings on keychain tools. On one hand, they're great and their size makes them an absolute convenience.

Then I end up having to carry my keys in my pocket for an afternoon and realize "oh yea, that's why I don't care for this!".

I'm thinking a simple Brewzer or something similar will be what works best for me as the size makes it like pretty much just adding another key.

The Leatherman Squirt series is also appealing.

us Offline afinitaln

Reply #8 on: August 31, 2014, 04:21:19 PM
I did as well and have struggled with pocket buldge and that is the leading cause of edc failure, if your not comfortable carrying something you won't carry it. If you look close enough I have added fishing swivels, split rings and clasps. This combination adds to overall comfort and keeps things organized and easily accessible. I used to keep a p7 clip on my keychain as well but i took it off to test it with carrying a leatherman s2. I do plan on buying another p7 to keep on the keychain, I have gotten to used to having it on there and the option to suspending my keys when nessessary. I also carry a coldsteel mini lawman, a Fenix ld12, fisher space bullet and a leatherman squirt p4. So I totally get buldge as an issue. I just love the feeling of having a tool with me for an impending task. I did order a skinth p2 to help, so awaiting it's arrival patiently.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #9 on: September 05, 2014, 05:25:21 PM
I have to carry 3 sets of key so my keychain gets quite heavy.  I think I'm up to 9 keys now including my truck alarm fob. 

I love having little tools on me in addition to my MT of the day.  I find that having a small set of pliers (Dime) has come in handy for random things and as many know I dig my Gerber Shard.  I have the pill capsule for Ibuprofen and use that daily.  The Minichamp 2 is such a wonderful tool and the pen is something I dont want to be without.  I recently put on the Swisstech 4 in 1 Screwz All and it too has been a nice little addition. 

I've used the Key-Bak now for over a year for work and really like it.  I do with is was thinner, I liked not having to take keys off my keychain when opening doors but it has been reassigned to tools now. 

My keychain and tool keychain is ever evolving however the minichamp and pill capsule have been my mainstays.  I cannot get away with less keys and seem to be picking up more each year.  I have those on a Niteize key rack which is "working".  I very well may put them all back onto the KeyBak but........     
IMG_4938.jpg
* IMG_4938.jpg (Filesize: 287.25 KB)
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline eddie1115

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: September 05, 2014, 06:30:04 PM

I have mixed feelings on keychain tools. On one hand, they're great and their size makes them an absolute convenience.

Then I end up having to carry my keys in my pocket for an afternoon and realize "oh yea, that's why I don't care for this!".

I'm thinking a simple Brewzer or something similar will be what works best for me as the size makes it like pretty much just adding another key.

The Brewzer has been my choice for a while now.  I added a sharpie-cap-turned-clip/dangler, which holds a phillips bit inside (to be used with the brewzer).

Occasionally I'll put a Rambler on my keys if I'm going really light and not carrying any other MT.

I do have other keychain tools (Squirt, flashlight, small SAK) that will usually get pocket-carried, they just don't go on my keys.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 06:44:14 PM by eddie1115 »

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #11 on: September 05, 2014, 06:38:11 PM

The Brewzer has been my choice for a while now.  I added a sharpie-cap-turned-clip/dangler, which holds a phillips bit inside (to be used with the brewzer).

Occasionally I'll put a Rambler on my keys if I'm going really light and not carrying anything other MT.

I do have other keychain tools (Squirt, flashlight, small SAK) that will usually get pocket-carried, they just don't go on my keys.

:2tu: :clap:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline Kampfer

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #12 on: September 05, 2014, 06:45:31 PM

(Image removed from quote.)

Occasionally I'll put a Rambler on my keys if I'm going really light and not carrying any other MT.

:tu: :2tu:
EDC: Black Talon, Black Cat, Spirit, LD02

us Offline eddie1115

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: September 05, 2014, 06:49:25 PM
The idea was a clip that didn't look like a knife clip.  I was thinking a nice metal pen cap, drilled out cleanly and all that, but this was so quick and easy, I stuck with it.

us Offline sawman

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • You're amongst friends.
Reply #14 on: September 05, 2014, 06:49:55 PM
Too much crap on my keys...

I've been downsizing. Even the LM K2 Lenser replaced my 4/7's MLR2. In fact, I have so much stuff in my pockets any SAK/MT will have to go in my back pocket. I just can't get rid of anything else. What I carry now I absolutely need  :ahhh
SAW

us Offline cbl51

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: September 07, 2014, 11:13:02 PM
I don't like a lot of crap on my keys either. Just too much pock bulge. But I do like to wallet carry a fw one piece tools. In the zipper compartment of my Eagle Creek wallet, I keep a Sear's 4-way keychain screw driver. It's nice and flat and lays next to the P-38 can opener very nice. A few paper clips for some good quality wire, a safety pin for deep splinters and lancing blisters rounds it out, with a cut down Eze-Lap diamond knife hone for touching up a pocket knife anywhere. The only thing I keep on my keys is my Victorinox classic and a aluminum Bison with some aspirin in it for arthritis and in case of a vapor lock. I love the classic so much, I rig it so I can't leave the house without it, since it is on my car key ring.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 11:19:13 PM by cbl51 »
Don't get too serious, just enough will do.

Offline hiljentaa

Reply #16 on: September 08, 2014, 10:55:37 PM
cbl, where did you get that little sheath for the Classic? Or is it self-made?

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%