Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

LED Lenser SE03

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
LED Lenser SE03
on: September 01, 2014, 09:52:41 PM
I bought a LED Lenser SE03 and am not to happy with it. Just figured I would do a quick write up on it.

First off I bought it knowing all the specs and technical data. I knew the max was 90 Lumens. I figured that would be a fair amount of light, but I was under the impression this light was zoom-able which it is not so I cannot focus the light.

Here is the ON/OFF button. I have recently been having issues with the ON/OFF switch not activating the light. Either from OFF to ON or ON to OFF the light will click like it is a positive activation, but do nothing. This is very worry some and really pisses me off. Its one of those things that if I had to send it in for warranty they could claim the problem does not happen when they have it, but besides that I just wan't the dang thing to work properly.

Three LED's as well as a Red.

Here you can see how far down the light will tilt.

I mentioned in another thread how the part that touches your head is flat and uncomfortable. Well it is slightly curved, but not by much and (for me) does become uncomfortable after a short amount of time.

A few more pics.

I had high hopes for this light, but those were shattered pretty quickly. I will update you guys once I get some more use out of it, but I have used it every day for about a week and I have only been finding more issues and things I do not like. It is a bit bulky in my opinion and I find I am preferring the headlamps with the battery pack on the back side of the strap.The output seems mighty low for 90 Lumes as compared to my LEDLenser H5 which is 25 Lumens. It does not seem to be putting out much more light than the H5. The one thing that really bugs me is the ON/OFF switch not operating correctly. All the other stuff with this light is just me not liking the product design, but the switch is a quality issue that is just that, a issue. I will see what happens with the switch and keep you guys updated about it as well as anything else with the light. If anyone wants any specific pictures or has questions feel free to ask.

I'm the milk man!

es Offline microbe

• No Life Club
  • Yersinia Pestis & Campylobacter Jejuni!
Re: LED Lenser SE03
Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 10:26:21 PM
What is your main use for it? Walking the dog? Running? Caving?
I do have an emergency headlamp, a really small one, in my FAK kit. but for other general uses I prefer to clip a flashlight to a baseball cap. Running with it does not work that well.
Once you go black you never go back
@blackdiamonds_42

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Re: LED Lenser SE03
Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 10:58:01 PM
What is your main use for it? Walking the dog? Running? Caving?
I do have an emergency headlamp, a really small one, in my FAK kit. but for other general uses I prefer to clip a flashlight to a baseball cap. Running with it does not work that well.

I use it when walking the dog nightly. I also have been using it to check the dog for fleas since she has been breaking out in a rash lately. I also use it for things like extra light while trimming my nails as the light I have in my house is not ideal right now.

Clipping a light to my hat would not really be a option as everything I use it for must have the light tilted down towards the ground. I have a Streamlight Micro stream with the S clip if I felt so inclined to do it, but it would not tilt and is not enough light.

Just as a side note. The dog does not have fleas. I got her a new dog bed and I think it gave her a rash for some reason. Kinda strange.  :think:
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 10:59:34 PM by captain spaulding »
I'm the milk man!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69