Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Help - New Carabiner Needed

R Mac · 11 · 1801

us Offline R Mac

Help - New Carabiner Needed
on: September 09, 2014, 09:45:41 PM
New member here and I need a recommendation from the people in the know.
I need new carabiner to detach my office/work keys from my car/house keyring. My present one is on it's last days, so I thought why not look into carabiners that include a few multitools into the design.
I'm an older suburban guy, so what I'm looking for doesn't need any real weight bearing capacity, or anything that is designed for camping, hiking, etc. A 'cool factor' would be nice, but not required.
Thanks for your help,
Randy

us Offline sawman

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • You're amongst friends.
Re: Help - New Carabiner Needed
Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 10:02:28 PM
Check out the Leatherman carabiner :tu:
SAW

us Offline Breezy12

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 10:15:23 PM
first of all, welcome to the forum, Randy! :cheers:

I use a locking S-biner (the #2 size) for a similar purpose. My wife and I share two cars (one is a commuter car, the other is the larger "family" car), so I leave one side of the S-biner attached to my house/office keys, and attach whichever car key I need for the day on the other side. :tu:

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 10:17:29 PM
I've become a huge fan of S-Biner's too. The Leatherman Biner is good too, but much larger.  If you're not carrying any other OPT, then it's an excellent choice.  I usually have an Atwood on me, so no need for bit driver or bottle opener on my carabiner.

us Offline sawman

Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 10:31:43 PM
I've had some bad experiences with the S-biners where they come open in my pocket detaching what they're clipped to. I like the idea of one that locks though.
SAW

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #5 on: September 09, 2014, 10:31:54 PM
Anso does a few carabiners, V1, V2 and V3.

Leatherman has a few others, Hail, Rime and Jam.

us Offline Kampfer

• Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #6 on: September 09, 2014, 10:53:45 PM
I've had some bad experiences with the S-biners where they come open in my pocket detaching what they're clipped to. I like the idea of one that locks though.
Get the one with lock Steve.
EDC: Black Talon, Black Cat, Spirit, LD02

us Offline Breezy12

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: September 09, 2014, 10:57:09 PM
I've become a huge fan of S-Biner's too. The Leatherman Biner is good too, but much larger.  If you're not carrying any other OPT, then it's an excellent choice.  I usually have an Atwood on me, so no need for bit driver or bottle opener on my carabiner.

I used to use the Leatherman biner for the same purpose, but replaced it with the S-biner for the same reasons... notice the TT Chopper on my key ring. ;)

I had the same concerns, sawman, and that's exactly why I went with the locking version. I'm happy to report that after ~6 months of use, the locks have never slipped and the biner has only opened when it was done intentionally. :salute:

us Offline sawman

Reply #8 on: September 09, 2014, 10:58:00 PM

I used to use the Leatherman biner for the same purpose, but replaced it with the S-biner for the same reasons... notice the TT Chopper on my key ring. ;)

I had the same concerns, sawman, and that's exactly why I went with the locking version. I'm happy to report that after ~6 months of use, the locks have never slipped and the biner has only opened when it was done intentionally. :salute:
That's good to know, thanks :D
SAW

00 Offline AaronX

Reply #9 on: September 13, 2014, 02:43:48 AM
What tools do you want? The Ti2 Parabiner has a couple of hex wrenches, and most interestingly a pulley. I think CRKT has a guppy tool with adjustable wrench and knife.

us Offline R Mac

Reply #10 on: September 13, 2014, 05:56:14 AM
Thanks for the recommendations. I got some Nite Ize #2 & a #4 locking S-biners and a Leatherman Carabiner en-route. And just for giggles I picked up a Nite Ize Ahhh at Home Depot tonight. That should give me enough to get started.
Regards,
Randy

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69