Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

WTB: Nintendo or Super Nintendo.

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
WTB: Nintendo or Super Nintendo.
on: September 12, 2014, 09:24:17 AM
I know this is a knife/MT forum, but figured it's worth a shot. I am looking for a (NES) Nintendo, or Super Nintendo game console. I am also looking for a Super Nintendo original power cord if anyone happens to have one.

If you have either of these systems you are willing to sell let me know. Thank you everyone.

I'm the milk man!

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Re: WTB: Nintendo or Super Nintendo.
Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 02:49:43 PM
I know this is a knife/MT forum, but figured it's worth a shot. I am looking for a (NES) Nintendo, or Super Nintendo game console. I am also looking for a Super Nintendo original power cord if anyone happens to have one.

If you have either of these systems you are willing to sell let me know. Thank you everyone.
I might have what your after, I think :think: you looking for just the console or games too? JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 07:56:13 PM

I might have what your after, I think :think: you looking for just the console or games too? JR

Both.  :tu:
I'm the milk man!

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 08:12:47 PM
Come for the tools, leave with a NES.  :tu:   This is the best place ever!!!  :D

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 08:29:16 PM
Come for the tools, leave with a NES.  :tu:   This is the best place ever!!!  :D

Sure is.  :tu:
I'm the milk man!

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #5 on: September 12, 2014, 08:52:51 PM
Ok then, I think I have what your after, I'll have to check with the kids, but I don't think they want it anymore.. JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #6 on: September 12, 2014, 09:29:41 PM
Ok then, I think I have what your after, I'll have to check with the kids, but I don't think they want it anymore.. JR

Sweet! Thank you. Let me know.  :tu:
I'm the milk man!

us Offline Rux

Reply #7 on: September 13, 2014, 08:14:55 PM
Are you after the original system(s) for any particular reason?

I picked up a console that takes NES and SNES games and the same manufacturer also makes an adapter that plugs into the SNES slot that plays Sega Genesis games.

Just throwing that out there, if you have to have the original systems, then by all means... but if you're only after it to simply play the cartridge games, there's other options. :tu:

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #8 on: September 13, 2014, 08:51:12 PM
Are you after the original system(s) for any particular reason?

I picked up a console that takes NES and SNES games and the same manufacturer also makes an adapter that plugs into the SNES slot that plays Sega Genesis games.

Just throwing that out there, if you have to have the original systems, then by all means... but if you're only after it to simply play the cartridge games, there's other options. :tu:

I looked at those consoles that play both. I might pick one up eventually, but for me it is more of a nostalgia thing.
I'm the milk man!

us Offline Rux

Reply #9 on: September 13, 2014, 08:56:24 PM
I feel you. I picked up the multi-game console cause I was helping a friend set up for a garage sale and found a very special box... so many classics were in it.

I had to play Lee Trevino Golf, Double Dragon 2, Legend of Zelda(s) and Mortal Kombat THAT NIGHT and the Play 'n Trade had the system to do it. lol

My roommate at the time and I had a lot of fun ordering pizza and playing the classics until nearly sun up.  :cheers:

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #10 on: September 13, 2014, 09:08:45 PM
I feel you. I picked up the multi-game console cause I was helping a friend set up for a garage sale and found a very special box... so many classics were in it.

I had to play Lee Trevino Golf, Double Dragon 2, Legend of Zelda(s) and Mortal Kombat THAT NIGHT and the Play 'n Trade had the system to do it. lol

My roommate at the time and I had a lot of fun ordering pizza and playing the classics until nearly sun up.  :cheers:

Those where the days. Pizza, soda, and greasy Nintendo controllers.  :D
I'm the milk man!

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #11 on: September 13, 2014, 09:11:10 PM

Those where the days. Pizza, soda, and greasy Nintendo controllers.  :D
Yep, spent many a very late night like that!!  Now I have a beer, play for a few mins and get tired.  :facepalm:

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #12 on: September 13, 2014, 09:18:08 PM
I miss the 80s.  Best decade ever!

I still have my SNES but it wont work. I suspect it need the contacts cleaned.  I have a few old NES boxes I meant to build a PC inside of and emulate all the NES games but I never did get that finished.
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

ca Offline kahyja

Reply #13 on: September 13, 2014, 09:25:53 PM
I miss my NES a lot too!!
I wonder if my 5 years old daughter would like one  :think:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #14 on: September 13, 2014, 09:37:36 PM
This system was so advanced for me back then, cause I learned and did everything on colecovision, now forget it, the kids have there Xbox and other station thiny and I've only been able to really play two games. It's just the controls, rather then just the one joystick and a few buttons, now it's two joysticks and like ten buttons! So as you run and then turn you got to rotate, then up and down and buttons all at the same time, it's just OMG, to many directions all at the same freaking time! JR

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #15 on: September 13, 2014, 10:53:58 PM
This system was so advanced for me back then, cause I learned and did everything on colecovision, now forget it, the kids have there Xbox and other station thiny and I've only been able to really play two games. It's just the controls, rather then just the one joystick and a few buttons, now it's two joysticks and like ten buttons! So as you run and then turn you got to rotate, then up and down and buttons all at the same time, it's just OMG, to many directions all at the same freaking time! JR

I know how you feel. Kids these days think its all about graphics and complex controls. I can get just as much if not more enjoyment out of the simple controls and enjoying the game play of a game like Mario.

I understand where they are coming from, but what they do not understand is the systems now a days are pieces of junk compared to the old systems. The NES is over 25 years old and most still work. The Playstation and XBOX are having problems and breaking all the time. I bet you would never find a working PS4 in 25 years.

With that said I do enjoy playing (do not have one) the newer systems, but personally can not afford to buy one.

You guys might enjoy this.

TEENS REACT TO NINTENDO (NES)
I'm the milk man!

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #16 on: September 13, 2014, 10:56:55 PM
I miss the 80s.  Best decade ever!

I still have my SNES but it wont work. I suspect it need the contacts cleaned.  I have a few old NES boxes I meant to build a PC inside of and emulate all the NES games but I never did get that finished.

Here is my SNES I bought new when they came out. Shes missing a power cord and the original game and is a bit yellow now, but the memories are still in tact.  :D

I'm the milk man!

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #17 on: September 14, 2014, 12:36:29 AM

I know how you feel. Kids these days think its all about graphics and complex controls. I can get just as much if not more enjoyment out of the simple controls and enjoying the game play of a game like Mario.

I understand where they are coming from, but what they do not understand is the systems now a days are pieces of junk compared to the old systems. The NES is over 25 years old and most still work. The Playstation and XBOX are having problems and breaking all the time. I bet you would never find a working PS4 in 25 years.

With that said I do enjoy playing (do not have one) the newer systems, but personally can not afford to buy one.

Yeah really, and they think everything is so hard, yet they get endless life's! Grant it they got to start over at the last check point but still they'll get more life's, unlike the older systems, you got like four life's, once you were out so was the game. You started from the very beginning! JR

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #18 on: September 14, 2014, 12:46:20 AM
The old games were game play driven, not graphic driven.  There were some bad games back in the day, but now, there are more crappy games than good ones.  I do have to admit that I like the unlimited lives though. :whistle:

us Offline Rux

Reply #19 on: September 14, 2014, 12:47:33 AM
Remember how awesome it was when memory cards came into play?

Prior, if you sat down to play, it was a commitment. I can safely assume all of us left the Nintendo on pause overnight more than a time or 5 to pick up where we left off the next morning so we didn't have to start over.

Especially if it was a rental, it's got to go back on Sunday night after all. :P

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #20 on: September 14, 2014, 01:11:05 AM
Ah yes, memory cards. :dd:  Those sure helped cut down on power consumption! :D

I wish I had of kept my NES, but it wouldn't play a damn thing when I got rid of it.  The only old system I kept was my N64. :tu:  I remember doing the count down for when it was going to be released, and even did a presentation in school for it!  Mario 64 was, and actually still is my all time favourite game.

us Offline hrvstmn31

Reply #21 on: September 14, 2014, 10:37:29 PM
That snes needs treatment bad that shell's going to start falling apart in a few years.

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #22 on: September 14, 2014, 10:45:02 PM
That snes needs treatment bad that shell's going to start falling apart in a few years.

How would one go about treating it?
I'm the milk man!

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #23 on: September 14, 2014, 10:50:31 PM
I'm the milk man!

us Offline sawman

• You're amongst friends.
Reply #24 on: September 14, 2014, 10:51:47 PM
I used to stay up all hours of the night playing my nintendo. I had several games but my favorite was the classic Super Mario Brothers. Also had one of the cheat cartridges but it was buggy on all the games I tried it on.
SAW

us Offline hrvstmn31

Reply #25 on: September 14, 2014, 10:54:18 PM
I would watch the first video (paste method) It explains why it yellows and becomes brittle (bromine for fire retardation). He also shows how to take it apart but that shouldn't be to hard regardless.

Paste method.
Gamerade - Remove Yellow from Super Nintendo, Other Consoles, Plastics - Adam Koralik
Soak method:
Yellow Super Famicom Hydrogen Peroxide Treatment

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #26 on: September 14, 2014, 10:57:34 PM
Its just not worth it in my opinion. I am not going to spend more than the console is worth to get it back to the original color. I also do not want to take it apart and go through the whole process. It's just not worth it for me. Thank you anyways.  :salute:
I'm the milk man!

us Offline hrvstmn31

Reply #27 on: September 14, 2014, 11:01:49 PM
Its just not worth it in my opinion. I am not going to spend more than the console is worth to get it back to the original color. I also do not want to take it apart and go through the whole process. It's just not worth it for me. Thank you anyways.  :salute:
Very true it's why I haven't done it to mine it's only worth it it you have several that need cleaning. That and you can always buy another when it falls apart.

us Offline detron

• Tool Carrying Linux User
Reply #28 on: September 14, 2014, 11:27:01 PM
I wish Nintendo would make something similar to the Atari Flashback

you know say 15 or 20 Games that Nintendo themselves owned pre-installed on a little device you plug into the TV and play.

the technology is there, and I sure would buy both the NES and SNES versions without much thought
If I can help, let me know 

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD