Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Klarus RS16 USB rechargeable light

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Klarus RS16 USB rechargeable light
on: September 14, 2014, 02:04:53 AM
I picked one of these up today.  Apparently they are discontinued so it was on for about half of what it normally goes for.  For that kind of deal I figured it was worth a shot. 

It has two modes (high, low, although there may be a strobe mode I haven't found yet) and comes with a removable pocket clip, lanyard and done extra o rings.  Inside is a rechargeable 16340 battery that charges in the light using a cable with a USB plug on one end and a magnetic connector on the other that connects to a brass colored plate on the butt end of the light. It's a bit bigger than the AA lights I generally tend to prefer, but as it's rechargeable I'll give it a shot. I like that the battery can be replaced when/if it dies.

The UI is a bit screwy.  Click the button and you get momentary on.  Press and hold for a couple of seconds and the light comes on low.  Press it quickly and it turns off, or press and hold while it's on and it goes to High.  I'll have to look at the packaging to say what each lumen level is- I don't recall off the top of my head, but for some reason I'm thinking 350 lumens?

The switch is in the head and seems like it might also be relatively easy to access as there is a small stainless plate holding it in place.

It also has a removable stainless ninja attack bezel which I'll leave on because you never know when those buggers might decide to get revenge for that night you had too many tequilas and accidentally murdered their lord and master with a surprisingly pointy baby carrot.

Oh yeah, and it has a sheath too.  Typical cruddy sheath that most companies give with lights so that they can claim they gave you one but no one is ever going to use.

Def

Sent from my smurfing hunk of techno sorcery

Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Re: Klarus RS16 USB rechargeable light
Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 02:14:36 AM
70 and 320 lumens according to the company website:

http://www.klaruslight.com/plist_show.php?id=45&lge=en

Def

Sent from a digital multitool

Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

au Offline PTRSAK

• No Life Club
  • I'm an Adult?!?! When did that happen?
Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 05:02:29 AM
 :worthless: :whistle:

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 08:18:51 AM

It also has a removable stainless ninja attack bezel which I'll leave on because you never know when those buggers might decide to get revenge for that night you had too many tequilas and accidentally murdered their lord and master with a surprisingly pointy baby carrot.

Def

:D

I used to like Klarus stuff when he first starting with some minimalist AAA or AAAA flashlight, but now they are looking more and more like most Chinese flashlights we would see on market.  I like the idea of charging magnetic port, but I think the future of 'rechargeable' flashlights probably will belong to the fusion between a USB mobile power(for cell phone) + a decent small size flashlight.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 01:49:54 PM
:worthless: :whistle:
Sorry, I thought I'd included an awful pic. Weird.

Def

uploadfromtaptalk1410695384408.jpg
* uploadfromtaptalk1410695384408.jpg (Filesize: 49.17 KB)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%