Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Anyone awake?

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Anyone awake?
on: September 16, 2014, 03:39:30 AM
Stuck doing physics homework, and I'm religiously over pressing the unread posts button. I don't have anything important to say, so I'm posting this instead!
I'm a total legend..... in my own mind- Herley

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Anyone awake?
Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 03:43:24 AM
I'm up, but not for much longer.  Almost 11pm here and I have a long day ahead of me tomorrow.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline detron

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tool Carrying Linux User
Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 03:45:29 AM
Stuck doing physics homework, and I'm religiously over pressing the unread posts button. I don't have anything important to say, so I'm posting this instead!

YOU are doing PHYSICS homework,   well,  that explains all the gravity around here.    :rofl:
If I can help, let me know 

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 03:47:09 AM
Yeah, I lucked out. My Tuesdays don't start until 2pm, but Monday and Wednesday sort of even it out. What are you up to tomorrow, if you don't mind me asking

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 03:48:55 AM

YOU are doing PHYSICS homework,   well,  that explains all the gravity around here.    :rofl:

Well as you can see by my presence here, it's a feeble attempt :D. Just kidding, physics is actually pretty cool if you get a decent teacher. My favorite High School teacher called it the science of common sense, which is sort of true.

us Offline detron

Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 03:56:29 AM

Well as you can see by my presence here, it's a feeble attempt :D. Just kidding, physics is actually pretty cool if you get a decent teacher. My favorite High School teacher called it the science of common sense, which is sort of true.

I loved physics, and my Job in the Navy required Physics and Trigonometry.
Naval gunnery may be computer aimed normally, but as a Fire control technician, I had to be able to calculate a solution without the computer, JUST IN CASE!.  I loved it, and with long range naval gunnery, you have 2 sets of winds, normal, and high altitude, latitude affected solution, temperature of the powder magazine, barometric pressure, weight of projectile (depending on type, any where from 68 to 72 lbs)

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 04:03:51 AM
That's awesome man! I didn't know you served, nor that you were a physics wizz :salute:. It's awesome to know that the things you learn in class actually are relevant in the real world, I think that might be the hardest part about college. We're just getting started, so just friction is factored in. Still, nice to see why the calculations you're doing make sense, rather than Calc where you pretty much take their word for it.

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 04:26:52 AM

Naval gunnery may be computer aimed normally, but as a Fire control technician, I had to be able to calculate a solution without the computer, JUST IN CASE!.  I loved it, and with long range naval gunnery, you have 2 sets of winds, normal, and high altitude, latitude affected solution, temperature of the powder magazine, barometric pressure, weight of projectile (depending on type, any where from 68 to 72 lbs)

Only 68-72lb shells?  Mere toys  ::)  The old mechanical fire-control computers you see in museum battleships are pretty damn cool though.  My field of study in college had more to do with what happened when those shells hit their target, and how the results of those hits influenced following events.  Good thing there was no math involved too.  Want a history of the Dreadnought race, and how it influenced the lead up to World War 1?  Maybe a blow-by-blow account of the Battle of Jutland?  I'm your man.  :tu:  Need to do simple addition?  I'm counting on my fingers.......  :facepalm:
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

us Offline detron

Reply #8 on: September 16, 2014, 04:36:10 AM

Only 68-72lb shells?  Mere toys  ::)  The old mechanical fire-control computers you see in museum battleships are pretty damn cool though.  My field of study in college had more to do with what happened when those shells hit their target, and how the results of those hits influenced following events.  Good thing there was no math involved too.  Want a history of the Dreadnought race, and how it influenced the lead up to World War 1?  Maybe a blow-by-blow account of the Battle of Jutland?  I'm your man.  :tu:  Need to do simple addition?  I'm counting on my fingers.......  :facepalm:
The 16 inch guns were a different caliber gun  :rofl:

Could not resist

sent from phone

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: September 16, 2014, 04:57:29 AM

History is more my speed as well, it has always been my favorite subject. Last semester's class was cool, gave more of an analytic look at U.S History rather than just babbling off facts like high school had.

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #10 on: September 17, 2014, 03:25:00 AM

Planning on killing them with math.

Shiny.

(this message brought to you by Browncoats Interstellar)

"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%