Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

LM KLAMATH Hunting knife q's?

us Offline JBW1

• No Life Club
LM KLAMATH Hunting knife q's?
on: September 21, 2014, 07:26:27 PM
Anyone have any of the discontinued leather man hunting knives? I'm finding a few stragglers on the web, but don't know if there worth the search, awesome ideas and functions, aside form looking freakin cool! I found a few around the 100$ range. Folders as skinners and gutting have never been my first choice as there is alot of cleaning to do in the knife afterward. In the words from Gangs of New York, "The Blood stays ON the Knife"....... but not IN the knife haha.

us Offline Breezy12

• No Life Club
Re: LM KLAMATH Hunting knife q's?
Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 12:21:15 AM
I've got a Klamath... I've never actually used it as a hunting knife though; it's more of a shelf queen in my collection. :)

it's definitely a beautiful knife. :dd: I managed to score a used one on ebay for around $50. it needed a little TLC, but looks great after some cleaning and sharpening. :tu:

us Offline JBW1

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 03:02:23 AM
Ah man nice find. I get looking for one thing, then stumble across something I didn't know I needed, haha.

us Offline Breezy12

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 06:01:26 AM
Ah man nice find. I get looking for one thing, then stumble across something I didn't know I needed, haha.

if I had a dollar for every time that's happened to me... :facepalm:

us Offline Yalius

Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 02:59:27 AM
I snagged mine at a pawnshop in Portland for $85, in very good condition with factory edge. Honestly-- I'd never use it for hunting. The gut hook and ridges and crannies in the handle would be crazy hard to clean up after skinning and cleaning. The sheath, though, is a work of art. The knife itself sits proudly front-and-center in my glass display case.

us Offline Breezy12

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: September 24, 2014, 06:29:25 AM
I snagged mine at a pawnshop in Portland for $85, in very good condition with factory edge. Honestly-- I'd never use it for hunting. The gut hook and ridges and crannies in the handle would be crazy hard to clean up after skinning and cleaning. The sheath, though, is a work of art. The knife itself sits proudly front-and-center in my glass display case.

totally agree about the sheath -- that thing is gorgeous. :tu:

us Offline JBW1

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: September 26, 2014, 04:42:39 AM

Ive used my buck folder before and yeah, I definitely had some jerky left over in the nooks and crannies

us Offline JBW1

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: September 26, 2014, 04:46:28 AM
It looks like something the terminator would have carried,
Knock knock...
Sarah conna???? ....... And slice, hack, saw, gut. SPLAT.

tr Offline nervium

• Turkey National Medical Rescue Team
Reply #8 on: October 03, 2014, 11:27:57 PM
klamath, make me remember pc game fallout series.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%