Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Rookie needs advice .

au Offline harronek

Rookie needs advice .
on: September 23, 2014, 06:51:31 AM
I've been carrying a Led lensor P2. AFS for a few months now and really like the size of it and the easy way it just goes into my shirt pocket with its clip or more recently in a combination sheath with a SAK .
My question is are there other lights of the same dimension that achieve better light performance ?
What I'm after is the best light I can find that has these features .

AAA single battery
Removable pocket clip .
Push button type switch on end of light , not the side .
I don't want Multi options of light intensity and strobes etc , I just want to push the button and have full power light come out of it .
The ability to focus the beam is nice .
Parallel sides - equal diameter for the full length of the body of the light , no flaring to a greater diameter at the lens end .
Tough construction , waterproof would be nice but not essential .

By now your probably laughing at my lack of knowledge of these matters , but I would really appreciate some advice from the combined wisdom that lurks here .
Pics would be great , as they say a picture is worth a thousand words  :D

Thanks

Ken
A designer know he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add , but when there is nothing left to take away .

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Re: Rookie needs advice .
Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 07:30:25 AM
The only thing that comes to my mind is the tank007 E10. No Zoom and I do not remember if the clip can be removed easily.

http://www.tank007store.com/3-mode-cree-3-mode-cree-r3-penlight-120lm-led-flashlight-aaa-battery-led-torch-torches-tank007-e10/

The real price should be about $15-$20.  Most products using AAA tend to be twisties with no pocket clip.

I have some more pictures in the review section.
http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,35523.msg829922.html#msg829922

I am sure someone will find you a perfect solution soon.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 07:40:16 AM by dks »
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

gb Offline Gwac110

Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 10:51:57 AM
To meet all of your requirements is going to be a struggle.
Have a look at the Fenix LD02, at least it meets a few of them!!

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 11:46:02 AM
If you can forgo the pocketclip and focus there are quite a few cheap options out there. One mode, powerful and therefore short run time usually.

TANK007 TK-701 or a bit more powerful TANK007 TK-703 are good options. I've had two of the 703s for 5 years now and they served me well. They don't last long, an hour tops and get quite warm if used for a longer period of time, but that's to be expected at those outputs on a small flashlight.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 12:48:44 PM
I found this on BLF too. No zoom though.

http://www.[url=http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,55947.0.html]SPAMCORP.com/Lumintop-Tool-M-Cree-XPG-R5-AAA-Magnet-Portable-LED-Flashlight-p-928661.html[/url]

Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

us Online nate j

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: September 25, 2014, 03:48:01 AM
If you're willing to move up from 1xAAA to 1xAA, the Fenix LD12 might be a good option.  While it does have multiple modes, the mode memory means it will always come on at maximum brightness, provided it was at maximum brightness when you last shut it off.  Also not focusable, though.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%