Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Fallout 4?

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Fallout 4?
Reply #120 on: November 16, 2015, 11:45:30 PM
Well.... I've been consumed. Hit level 30 yesterday

You've got me beat.  I'm only level 16. :-\  Good game though. :tu:

I agree! I'm taking my time on the main story line and just running and doing side stuff for now. I don't know about you, but it actually seems quite a bit more difficult than the other two. I find myself dead a lot more than I'm accustomed to :facepalm:

Glad it's not just me. :-[  I kinda can't help myself chasing the main story.  I really need to take a break from it and do some more of the side stuff.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Reply #121 on: November 16, 2015, 11:49:23 PM

I agree! I'm taking my time on the main story line and just running and doing side stuff for now. I don't know about you, but it actually seems quite a bit more difficult than the other two. I find myself dead a lot more than I'm accustomed to :facepalm:

Glad it's not just me. :-[  I kinda can't help myself chasing the main story.  I really need to take a break from it and do some more of the side stuff.

Robots are no joke anymore :o, don't know if you've had the displeasure of meeting an Assaultron yet but they're definitely a day ruiner! But I figured it would help to level up a bit before going too much further.
I'm a total legend..... in my own mind- Herley

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #122 on: November 16, 2015, 11:53:42 PM

Robots are no joke anymore :o, don't know if you've had the displeasure of meeting an Assaultron yet but they're definitely a day ruiner! But I figured it would help to level up a bit before going too much further.

I did.  I died.  I then bravely went back to a previous saved game and avoided it. :whistle:

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Reply #123 on: November 16, 2015, 11:54:57 PM

I did.  I died.  I then bravely went back to a previous saved game and avoided it. :whistle:

Hahahahaha glad I'm not alone.... I ran like the wind, then called in the artillery... just for one robot...

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #124 on: November 16, 2015, 11:57:07 PM

Hahahahaha glad I'm not alone.... I ran like the wind, then called in the artillery... just for one robot...

I think I bumped into it before I had artillery support.  Either that or I didn't think to use it. :facepalm:

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Reply #125 on: November 16, 2015, 11:59:26 PM
I know a lot of people are critical of it, but the settlement building aspect is definitely interesting. Another thing to eat up hours of your time. Do you keep a follower?

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #126 on: November 17, 2015, 12:01:43 AM
I know a lot of people are critical of it, but the settlement building aspect is definitely interesting. Another thing to eat up hours of your time. Do you keep a follower?

I don't mind the building aspect either.  Yep, I've currently got Piper the reporter tagging along.  You?

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Reply #127 on: November 17, 2015, 12:07:00 AM

I don't mind the building aspect either.  Yep, I've currently got Piper the reporter tagging along.  You?

I switch them around as I've been doing their quests. First was Nick the detective(great quest as the whole thing was a reference to something based in my town), then Cait the cage fighter, now I have Piper. Their weapons all leave a bit to be desired unfortunately. I have a sniper at my base, but I can't say I like him all that much.

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #128 on: November 17, 2015, 12:12:54 AM
OK, I haven't bought the game yet (very soon), and am wondering something.  When starting the main quest, are you better off sticking with it, or doing a bunch of side quests?  I know with Elder Scrolls I would do a ton of side quests.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #129 on: November 17, 2015, 12:16:16 AM

I switch them around as I've been doing their quests. First was Nick the detective(great quest as the whole thing was a reference to something based in my town), then Cait the cage fighter, now I have Piper. Their weapons all leave a bit to be desired unfortunately. I have a sniper at my base, but I can't say I like him all that much.

Oh, not come across the sniper or cage fighter yet. :mn:  Nick's definitely a good one though.  8)

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Reply #130 on: November 17, 2015, 12:25:42 AM
OK, I haven't bought the game yet (very soon), and am wondering something.  When starting the main quest, are you better off sticking with it, or doing a bunch of side quests?  I know with Elder Scrolls I would do a ton of side quests.

Do some side quests. It's too easy to just sprint through the game and not see or do a lot of what's there. In Fallout 3 I ended up finishing the game by level like 19 :facepalm:. Plus, it gets more and more difficult so leveling up is never a bad idea.

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Reply #131 on: November 17, 2015, 12:27:16 AM

Oh, not come across the sniper or cage fighter yet. :mn:  Nick's definitely a good one though.  8)

Both aren't exactly fans of good behavior, which I tend to stick with. It's bad, I feel guilty doing bad things in a videogame.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #132 on: November 17, 2015, 12:55:32 AM

Both aren't exactly fans of good behavior, which I tend to stick with. It's bad, I feel guilty doing bad things in a videogame.
I struggle with being a bad guy as well.  It was only last week that I finally convinced myself to side with Caesar through to the end.  I did it as fast as I could with basically no side missions.  I don't think I enjoyed it as much as Bethesda though I would. :D

That said I did enjoy the Assassin and Thieves stuff in Skyrim.

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Reply #133 on: November 17, 2015, 02:30:45 AM

I struggle with being a bad guy as well.  It was only last week that I finally convinced myself to side with Caesar through to the end.  I did it as fast as I could with basically no side missions.  I don't think I enjoyed it as much as Bethesda though I would. :D

That said I did enjoy the Assassin and Thieves stuff in Skyrim.

Guess that makes us good people then right? I hope... Now I'm stockpiling power armor suits because I have issues.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #134 on: November 17, 2015, 09:31:57 AM
Have you got some Brotherhood T-60 power armour yet?

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #135 on: November 17, 2015, 08:58:41 PM
This is a great game once the steep learning curve on how to build and support settlements are overcome. Now that I know how to build things it is all easy now...however, I had the hardest time trying to figure out how to run power lines from generators to other things. I had to check online to see how that was done. I am sort of happy that I wasn't the only one that had difficulties with that same point...but it didn't have to be this way. A little guidance at the start would have went a long way.

With that said, Fallout 4 is simply fantastic, and huge. Well worth the money.  :tu:
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

wales Offline Smashie

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Smurf it!
Reply #136 on: November 17, 2015, 09:40:29 PM
So I've been happily burning through my time collecting stuff, modding it, creating and doing the side quests as they come along then, boom, Swan thing! What the smurf was that! I think the brown adrenaline started!
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Reply #137 on: November 18, 2015, 12:57:08 AM
So I've been happily burning through my time collecting stuff, modding it, creating and doing the side quests as they come along then, boom, Swan thing! What the smurf was that! I think the brown adrenaline started!

Oh yeah, hes a joy isn't he! But yes, I have the T-60, I'm trying to tract down the X-01 set which is easier said than done.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #138 on: November 18, 2015, 09:38:21 AM
Has anyone had a conversation whilst drunk yet? :rofl:

wales Offline Smashie

• Smurf it!
Reply #139 on: November 18, 2015, 09:51:34 AM

No, but I will be trying that later on  :tu:
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #140 on: November 18, 2015, 11:02:13 AM

No, but I will be trying that later on  :tu:

I drank two beers and then clicked to fast forward through a conversation.

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #141 on: November 23, 2015, 01:43:12 AM
Just started playing. :ahhh

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #142 on: November 23, 2015, 07:43:36 PM

How is it going?

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #143 on: November 23, 2015, 08:44:42 PM

How is it going?
Love it!!  Played it until 12:30am though, so a little tired today!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Reply #144 on: November 24, 2015, 04:43:32 AM

How is it going?
Love it!!  Played it until 12:30am though, so a little tired today!!

Best not be causing havoc in my neck of the woods EH!!! The Castle, in the game, is actually a place I've spend a lotttt of time at in real life. My grandfather used to take me when I was little, then me and friends have fished there quite a bit in the past few years.

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #145 on: November 24, 2015, 01:24:49 PM
It's fun even just wandering around aimlessly exploring.

I'm going to work on doing some of the side missions, then do some more of the main quest.

That's really cool that you've actually been there!! I'll try and keep it tidy for ya. ;)

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #146 on: November 24, 2015, 03:41:05 PM
It's fun even just wandering around aimlessly exploring.
I used to do something similar in S.T.A.L.K.E.R but actually looting/hoarding and reselling as much as possible, literally combing all areas to get as much as possible in between missions.
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #147 on: November 26, 2015, 10:13:41 AM
Ok, there is delayed gratification and then there is just torturing yourself.  In other words, I caved and decided to take out the Institute in the name of the Minutemen.  Not the 'end' as it lets you keep playing, but you do get one of their cut-scene montages so it feels like an end to me.  As with NV though there are a good few options as to who to support in the end.

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #148 on: November 26, 2015, 08:14:31 PM
The xbox fallout bundles went on sale today, and I could resist no longer..   :drool:
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #149 on: November 28, 2015, 05:08:48 AM
The xbox fallout bundles went on sale today, and I could resist no longer..   :drool:

Where?

For the 360 or the FO4 with the new console?

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%