Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Fallout 4?

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • SAK Surgeon
Re: Fallout 4?
Reply #30 on: September 30, 2014, 01:58:47 AM
My wife brought me home Fallout 3 for the PS3 today!  Got it at FutureShop for $4.99!!!  :tu:  Going to play it now. :woohoo:

Great game!
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Reply #31 on: September 30, 2014, 02:06:33 AM
My wife brought me home Fallout 3 for the PS3 today!  Got it at FutureShop for $4.99!!!  :tu:  Going to play it now. :woohoo:
You better keep us updated on what you think! :cheers:
I'm a total legend..... in my own mind- Herley

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #32 on: September 30, 2014, 01:32:38 PM

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #33 on: September 30, 2014, 01:33:16 PM
I should have used this as my avatar.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #34 on: September 30, 2014, 01:37:00 PM
Fallout 3 GOTY edition and Fallout NV ultimate edition are ~20eur each on Steam, which includes all the addons AFAIK.

There seems to be some disclaimer about Fallout3 not being optimized for win 7...
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #35 on: September 30, 2014, 01:37:16 PM
So far I'm really liking it!!  It plays similar to The Elder Scrolls, which is good, yet it does have a good different feel to it.  I see myself putting many hours into this one!!!

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Reply #36 on: September 30, 2014, 05:47:22 PM
So far I'm really liking it!!  It plays similar to The Elder Scrolls, which is good, yet it does have a good different feel to it.  I see myself putting many hours into this one!!!

Woohoo!! New convert!

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #37 on: September 30, 2014, 06:16:18 PM

Woohoo!! New convert!

Nice!  The only game mechanic I really hated is how fast weapons deteriorate.  Its really not realistic.  I think shooting 50 rounds through a gun should not cause it to no longer function.  Other than that its really well designed and balanced.
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Reply #38 on: September 30, 2014, 06:23:03 PM

Woohoo!! New convert!

Nice!  The only game mechanic I really hated is how fast weapons deteriorate.  Its really not realistic.  I think shooting 50 rounds through a gun should not cause it to no longer function.  Other than that its really well designed and balanced.

Juryrigging has to be one of the most useful perks for that reason alone. I'm not a fan of the fact that your companions can die in FO3, nubish of me, I know, but it's such a pain hahahaha.

gb Offline TheAverageJoe

• My common sense is tingling
Reply #39 on: September 30, 2014, 11:23:19 PM

Woohoo!! New convert!

Im pretty sure it has something to do with the fact that they are 100's of years old and have quite literally gone through the apocalypse. combine that with very old ammo and it makes sense imho

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Reply #40 on: October 01, 2014, 12:37:24 AM
True, something tells me that an un-maintained civil war era repeater may not function too well today. That's a good call man, I'll buy that.

gb Offline TheAverageJoe

Reply #41 on: October 01, 2014, 02:50:36 PM
True, something tells me that an un-maintained civil war era repeater may not function too well today. That's a good call man, I'll buy that.

Its an overlooked point that is never really mentioned. fallout 3 the vault has been sealed for 100+ years iirc. also it seems the guns in vegas hold up better than the ones in dc, but given the how vegas faired in the war I'm not surprised.

also jury rigging, handloads. nothing quite like running match ammo in a fully modded hunting rifle (why use the .50 when the .308 is better imo) although with a decent rifle/stealth build you can one shot deathclaws with a bb gun lol

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Reply #42 on: October 01, 2014, 03:01:49 PM
Yeah, as fun as it is the Anti-Material rifle is just a bit too cumbersome to be worth it to me. Gobi desert rifle was a pretty solid sniper.

My favorite armor by far is the Desert Ranger armor you find in Honest Hearts. It may not be the best but it is completely bad a**. And it's an apocalypse, what's more important than looking as bad a** as possible :rofl:

gb Offline TheAverageJoe

Reply #43 on: October 01, 2014, 08:19:57 PM
Yeah, as fun as it is the Anti-Material rifle is just a bit too cumbersome to be worth it to me. Gobi desert rifle was a pretty solid sniper.

My favorite armor by far is the Desert Ranger armor you find in Honest Hearts. It may not be the best but it is completely bad a**. And it's an apocalypse, what's more important than looking as bad a** as possible :rofl:

the backstory to that armour is pretty smurfing cool... and it happens to be my fave too, as it doesnt count as faction armour!

gb Offline Billy Ruffian

Reply #44 on: October 02, 2014, 07:41:57 PM
I wore the Desert Ranger armour all the time until I got the Elite Riot Gear...now that IS badass.

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Reply #45 on: October 02, 2014, 08:14:04 PM
I have both, the backstory for the desert ranger set makes it for me, though the Elite gear is cooler looking. I love the carvings in the Desert helmet though. Little details really intrigue me hahahaha.

gb Offline Billy Ruffian

Reply #46 on: October 02, 2014, 08:21:56 PM
I'm with you on the small details! It's really the obsessive level of detail on the part of the developers that really make these games for me. Like the fact the Gobi Desert rifle has a maintenance kit built into the stock so the weapon deteriorates slower, or the breakup pattern on the All American. I wonder how many people have played these games and never noticed the little details?

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Reply #47 on: October 02, 2014, 08:55:19 PM
Too many I'm sure:/. Fallout is one of those games that only gets better the slower you go through it. The Survivalist rifle with the commands in both English and French since he was stationed at the Canadian border.

gb Offline Billy Ruffian

Reply #48 on: October 02, 2014, 10:29:43 PM
Hands up, I hadn't seen that with the Survivalist rifle. Now what was I saying about those poor fools who play the game and don't notice the detail...?

I've gotta go check that out now.

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Reply #49 on: October 02, 2014, 10:38:41 PM

gb Offline TheAverageJoe

Reply #50 on: October 02, 2014, 11:00:05 PM
on a related note if you haven't seen it already, I'd recommend checking out the fallout nuka break series on youtube, as well as the other fallout videos by wayside creations. linky!

gb Offline Billy Ruffian

Reply #51 on: October 02, 2014, 11:35:01 PM
Cheers! I'd never heard of those videos before but they look promising. I wonder if they'll ever start casting for a Skyrim version, and what my chances would be of getting a plum role as 'Third Slow-Witted Villager'?

gb Offline TheAverageJoe

Reply #52 on: October 02, 2014, 11:56:46 PM
Cheers! I'd never heard of those videos before but they look promising. I wonder if they'll ever start casting for a Skyrim version, and what my chances would be of getting a plum role as 'Third Slow-Witted Villager'?

random fact there is a Nuka break sign weapon in nv that exists because of the fallout team loving the series (plus a few of the team actually have cameos in it), as well as big stars such as Doug Jones (aka abe sapien, pan, silver surfer he is a man with a thousand faces) and makeup by the one and only Ralis Kahn (the behind the scenes stuff with him is rather funny... he seems to be an epic guy link to that I recommend the gunshot episode at least...

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #53 on: October 10, 2014, 06:04:08 PM
Guess where I was last night, after several years away...

Show content
Shaddy Sands, in the beginning of FallOut 1. Made lots of mistakes, didn't remember the controls and "tricks" to use all the gear...

:facepalm:

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Reply #54 on: October 10, 2014, 06:16:21 PM
I wonder if they will ever re-make the originals for consoles like they've remastered the original Halo. That would be pretty sweet, good way to keep it up even if they decide to not make any more.(Hopefully that doesn't happen!)

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #55 on: October 10, 2014, 06:48:23 PM
Some info you might not know about:

Fallout - Did You Know Gaming? Feat. SpaceHamster

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #56 on: October 15, 2014, 05:49:54 PM

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #57 on: November 27, 2014, 05:57:58 PM
fallout 1, 2, 3, 3 gotye, NV, NV ultimate are all 40-50% off on Steam right now...
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #58 on: June 15, 2015, 05:25:57 PM

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #59 on: June 15, 2015, 05:29:14 PM
Aawwwww yeah!

Nate
That's us mobile

Nate

SEND IT!

Donations