Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Welcome aboard to our New Administrator- Megan!

ca Online Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Welcome aboard to our New Administrator- Megan!
on: October 09, 2014, 05:32:15 PM
Some of you may have noticed that we have a new Admin member here.  I figured it was a good time to let everyone know who she is and how she came to have a fancy red mark under her name here.

In a nutshell, she’s our new Marketing Manager here at MTO and she’s going to help us get back on top.  You see, in the old days manufacturers hated us because we routinely ranked higher on Google for their products than they did, but over the years they have gotten better and we have pretty well stayed the same.  Megan has many years of marketing and SEO experience that she’s willing to bring in to help us get back to where we should be- driving everyone else forward so they don’t get left behind!

For those who think us having a Marketing Manager means we are going all corporate-y and that things will change around here, you should know that I have known Megan for about 5 years now, and she is every bit as interested in the kinds of things we are all interested in, and she understands how forums work, having been working with forums for years.  She admits we have a really good place here, so much of her work will be behind the scenes with SEO stuff like meta tags and social networking.  Megan is a very good fit for us here, and I consider us very lucky to have her- which is saying a lot as you all know how I feel about marketing people in general!  :P

I know you all gave her a warm welcome when she joined, and I hope you will all be willing to give her a hand when and if she has any questions.  If you have any thoughts you'd like to share, please feel free to send her a PM, as she shares my frame of mind that one person can't think of everything.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Re: Welcome aboard to our New Administrator- Megan!
Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 05:35:53 PM
Yay someone else to help reign Grant in :D

Welcome aboard the true nut house :)

Sent from the astropathic choir.

Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 05:38:37 PM
A big welcome to a big help on  :MTO:

I hardly know anything about SEO, but anything that will help MT.O in a good way gonna be good.  :tu:

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 05:45:08 PM
Congrats on the Admin position Megan, and good luck keeping Grant in check ;) :cheers:
K-Tibbs

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #4 on: October 09, 2014, 05:45:26 PM
Some of you may have noticed that we have a new Admin member here.  I figured it was a good time to let everyone know who she is and how she came to have a fancy red mark under her name here.

In a nutshell, she’s our new Marketing Manager here at MTO and she’s going to help us get back on top.  You see, in the old days manufacturers hated us because we routinely ranked higher on Google for their products than they did, but over the years they have gotten better and we have pretty well stayed the same.  Megan has many years of marketing and SEO experience that she’s willing to bring in to help us get back to where we should be- driving everyone else forward so they don’t get left behind!

For those who think us having a Marketing Manager means we are going all corporate-y and that things will change around here, you should know that I have known Megan for about 5 years now, and she is every bit as interested in the kinds of things we are all interested in, and she understands how forums work, having been working with forums for years.  She admits we have a really good place here, so much of her work will be behind the scenes with SEO stuff like meta tags and social networking.  Megan is a very good fit for us here, and I consider us very lucky to have her- which is saying a lot as you all know how I feel about marketing people in general!  :P

I know you all gave her a warm welcome when she joined, and I hope you will all be willing to give her a hand when and if she has any questions.  If you have any thoughts you'd like to share, please feel free to send her a PM, as she shares my frame of mind that one person can't think of everything.

Def

What do you mean back on top?! This is not it?! I WANT OUT!!!
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Congrats again, Megan! I think you'll find lots of people willing/capable to help (despite all the :twak: :ahhh going on).
 :D

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

ca Online Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #5 on: October 09, 2014, 05:47:36 PM
Congrats on the Admin position Megan, and good luck keeping Grant in check ;) :cheers:

I doubt she'll manage to do that- we can't afford to pay her enough to make that job worthwhile!

Def

What do you mean back on top?! This is not it?! I WANT OUT!!!

Congrats again, Megan! I think you'll find lots of people willing/capable to help (despite all the :twak: :ahhh going on).
 :D

The top of Google's Search pages.... we already know this place is the top!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline sawman

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • You're amongst friends.
Reply #6 on: October 09, 2014, 05:48:24 PM
Welcome aboard  :D

:cheers:
SAW

hr Offline styx

Reply #7 on: October 09, 2014, 05:49:14 PM
Wooohooo, now let's kick some manufacturer bee-hind.  congrats Megan
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #8 on: October 09, 2014, 05:54:00 PM
Congratz Megan :tu:

And this place is #1, Google is just clueless :D
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

us Offline colt 1911

Reply #9 on: October 09, 2014, 05:57:39 PM
Congrats Megan !

Sak's  rule !

CHEERS

us Offline Kampfer

• Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #10 on: October 09, 2014, 05:58:01 PM
 :salute:
EDC: Black Talon, Black Cat, Spirit, LD02

us Offline detron

• Tool Carrying Linux User
Reply #11 on: October 09, 2014, 06:03:11 PM
 :ahhh

welcome,  and thanks!

should I start looking for MTO billboards  :rofl:
If I can help, let me know 

ca Offline Toolslinger

• Thread Killer 2015
  • No Life Club
  • Ser Tool the Slinger, The Tool That Rides
Reply #12 on: October 09, 2014, 06:12:21 PM
Welcome aboard. :multi:

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #13 on: October 09, 2014, 06:13:36 PM
to the team. :2tu:

And my condolences again. >:D

us Offline scattergun13

• No Life Club
  • Wanna give blood? Run from my K9...
Reply #14 on: October 09, 2014, 06:17:11 PM
Thank God! I thought Grant was about to reveal that Detron was really Megan. I've often wondered about that guy...

Welcome aboard Megan, we need help!

Stew...
" If it was built by matt2silver then I want2buy it...

bavaria Offline Humppa

Reply #15 on: October 09, 2014, 06:19:12 PM
Welcome Megan :)

:cheers:  :tu:
You can call me Papa Andi

R.I.P. Lemmy Kilmister 24th Dec 1945 - 28th Dec 2015

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #16 on: October 09, 2014, 06:19:39 PM
Thank God! I thought Grant was about to reveal that Detron was really Megan. I've often wondered about that guy...

Stew...

Too easy. >:D

:P

es Offline microbe

• No Life Club
  • Yersinia Pestis & Campylobacter Jejuni!
Reply #17 on: October 09, 2014, 06:25:01 PM
Congrats Megan! A warm welcome to you   :cheers:
Don't put to much time in those pesky meta tags, search engines stopped using those years ago due to keyword spam.
Some suggestions: image adding with title and caption fields.  :salute:
Once you go black you never go back
@blackdiamonds_42

us Offline detron

• Tool Carrying Linux User
Reply #18 on: October 09, 2014, 06:30:36 PM

Stew...

sorry to break that conspiracy up for you.   :rofl:
If I can help, let me know 

ca Offline Megan

• Marketing Maven
  • Administrator
  • No Life Club
  • Does your head look like a watermelon?
Reply #19 on: October 09, 2014, 06:31:26 PM
Thanks everyone!

Please PM me any suggestions or questions you ever have.

Congrats Megan! A warm welcome to you   :cheers:
Don't put to much time in those pesky meta tags, search engines stopped using those years ago due to keyword spam.
Some suggestions: image adding with title and caption fields.  :salute:

Google is very smart. Always looking for answers to questions instead these days. This is something I'm also very familiar with.
Your image suggestion is always an excellent idea. They're crawled so well that way.
-Megan
Would you like your review featured on http://Multitool.org? Do you have a suggestion to improve the forum or our sites?
Send me a message.

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #20 on: October 09, 2014, 06:55:15 PM
Welcome!

Also:  Google needs a way to search based on an image uploaded.

england Offline Taxi Dad

• No Life Club
Reply #21 on: October 09, 2014, 07:26:36 PM

For those who think us having a Marketing Manager means we are going all corporate-y and that things will change around here, you should know that I have known Megan for about 5 years now, and she is every bit as interested in the kinds of things we are all interested in, and she understands how forums work, having been working with forums for years.  She admits we have a really good place here, so much of her work will be behind the scenes with SEO stuff like meta tags and social networking. Megan is very good fit for us here, and I consider us very lucky to have her- which is saying a lot as you all know how I feel about marketing people in general!  :P

Def

the only words that stuck out to me  :whistle:

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #22 on: October 09, 2014, 07:28:27 PM

For those who think us having a Marketing Manager means we are going all corporate-y and that things will change around here, you should know that I have known Megan for about 5 years now, and she is every bit as interested in the kinds of things we are all interested in, and she understands how forums work, having been working with forums for years.  She admits we have a really good place here, so much of her work will be behind the scenes with SEO stuff like meta tags and social networking. Megan is very good fit for us here, and I consider us very lucky to have her- which is saying a lot as you all know how I feel about marketing people in general!  :P

Def

the only words that stuck out to me  :whistle:

You're slipping...

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #23 on: October 09, 2014, 07:47:06 PM
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Congrats (or my sympathies?  :think: ) on the new role!!  Pay no attention to these guys ^^, they don't get out too often!!  :D   :rofl:

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #24 on: October 09, 2014, 07:49:08 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Congrats (or my sympathies?  :think: ) on the new role!!  Pay no attention to these guys ^^, they don't get out too often!!  :D   :rofl:

Meh...

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #25 on: October 09, 2014, 07:50:35 PM
 :rofl:  Good one! :D

de Offline lowtech

• No Life Club
Reply #26 on: October 09, 2014, 08:19:08 PM
Welcome aboard!
I hope we don´t go on your nerves too much. And it´s nice to have people working for this site that are interested in it´s contents, too.

ca Offline Megan

• Marketing Maven
  • Administrator
  • No Life Club
  • Does your head look like a watermelon?
Reply #27 on: October 09, 2014, 09:42:19 PM
Welcome aboard!
I hope we don´t go on your nerves too much. And it´s nice to have people working for this site that are interested in it´s contents, too.

Thanks! I've been lurking on the forum for a long time now.
-Megan
Would you like your review featured on http://Multitool.org? Do you have a suggestion to improve the forum or our sites?
Send me a message.

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #28 on: October 09, 2014, 09:44:56 PM
Welcome aboard from NJ!  :salute:

Do you have a minute for me to tell you about Flickyism?  :D

Sorry, Jehovah's Witnesses in the neighborhood today.  Figured it might be a good approach to spread the Gerber faith.......
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

no Offline Grathr

Reply #29 on: October 09, 2014, 10:03:58 PM

Welcome aboard from NJ!  :salute:

Do you have a minute for me to tell you about Flickyism?  :D

Sorry, Jehovah's Witnesses in the neighborhood today.  Figured it might be a good approach to spread the Gerber faith.......

Now that is something would be happy to talk about for more than just a minute. Add scandi grind to that, and Id invite you in for dinner :D

Welcome onboard Megan!

Sent from a device made from star dust using tapatalk
-Knívleysur maður er lívleysur maður.
 "A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" old Faroese proverb.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%