Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Help requested for international purchase & shipping

gb Offline Cauldronborn

Hi guys

I've been after a few particular rough rider knives for awhile without much luck, I've finally found a couple of them on ebay but unfortunately:

1) The seller will not ship out side the US.

2) I live in the UK and as some of you may be aware ebay has blocked anyone with an account registered in the UK from buying knives on any of their sites.

Would any of the kind members here be willing to consider helping me work around these problems?

gb Offline Cauldronborn

Re: Help requested for international purchase & shipping
Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 11:19:35 AM
I've left this thread open for a few days with no replies of any kind.

I don't know if it's because I posted this in the wrong area (though I doubt it since the mods haven't moved it or done anything else to it) or if there is some hesitation due to the fallout from my last request of this type here or if its simply due to my not being very active on this forum.

Regardless of the reason I am withdrawing my request so please consider this thread closed and I would appreciate it if the mods would change the subject heading to reflect this.         

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 03:20:54 PM
That's odd- usually folks are happy to help.   Try contacting Tim (Felinevet here on the forum) as he's usually willing to help on exchange for a small donation to the kitties.

Usually a lot of members offer to help. I guess no one has seen this thread.

Def

Sent from my smurfing hunk of techno sorcery

Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

nl Offline bmot

• No Life Club
  • Don't judge a tool by it's brand
Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 03:47:22 PM
I was going to offer help, but then I realized I needed to be in the US.... :facepalm:
A knife-carrying guide for the international traveller. : http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,47532.0.html

no Offline Grathr

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #4 on: October 17, 2014, 06:51:25 PM
Wich knives are you looking for?
RR knives are usually available from several sellers that will ship internationally.
Then I might be of some help if the price is below $30. above that tax and and custom fees kick in.
-Knívleysur maður er lívleysur maður.
 "A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" old Faroese proverb.

gb Offline Cauldronborn

Reply #5 on: October 17, 2014, 11:29:30 PM
Thanks for the offer Grathr.

One of the knives I'm looking for is this one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181116835450?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I've looked around on the internet a lot and this is the only one I've found for sale and the seller says in the listing he does not ship  internationally.

no Offline Grathr

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #6 on: October 18, 2014, 06:13:04 AM
Its serms to be difficult to find yes. But there are plenty of this one that is very similar:
http://m.ebay.com/itm/121462701345?nav=SEARCH

Sent from a device made from star dust using tapatalk
-Knívleysur maður er lívleysur maður.
 "A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" old Faroese proverb.

gb Offline Cauldronborn

Reply #7 on: October 18, 2014, 02:20:20 PM
I'm not saying there are not similar ones out there but this is the only one I have seen in smooth bone with that blade choice I'm after.

I don't know what it is but I find the jigging on some of the handles a little off putting.

gb Offline Essexman

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: October 18, 2014, 03:01:47 PM
Not from the US, but I do know that HH sell RR here in the UK - http://www.heinnie.com/catalogsearch/result/index/?dir=asc&order=price&q=rough+rider

if you can't find what you are after you can always give them a call, they may be able to get it in for you.

gb Offline Cauldronborn

Reply #9 on: October 18, 2014, 03:44:43 PM
Thanks for your suggestion Essexman.

I've had a few knives them before but I hadn't thought to see if they could order one in, guess I'll be sending them a message.

Thanks again for the help guy's. 

us Offline bdAmmo

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: October 18, 2014, 05:32:52 PM
I'd be happy to help you out if I can. Just shoot me a PM if you are still interested :salute:.

gb Offline Cauldronborn

Reply #11 on: October 18, 2014, 06:30:04 PM
Thanks bdAmmo, that would be great! :salute: :cheers:

I'll take another look on the seller's listings and see if everything I wanted is still up. 

I'll PM you soon so we can discuss all the payment details ect, just keep in mind the time difference though.

I wouldn't want you to be sitting in front your computer waiting for a message while I'm snoring my head off asleep over here! :D     

jp Offline dork

Reply #12 on: October 19, 2014, 04:15:08 AM

I've left this thread open for a few days with no replies of any kind.

I don't know if it's because I posted this in the wrong area (though I doubt it since the mods haven't moved it or done anything else to it) or if there is some hesitation due to the fallout from my last request of this type here or if its simply due to my not being very active on this forum.

Regardless of the reason I am withdrawing my request so please consider this thread closed and I would appreciate it if the mods would change the subject heading to reflect this.       

This forum has been dead since the summer giveaways. I've noticed quite a few threads that have gotten little to no response. I personally have stopped coming here so much because of it and now spend most of my time elsewhere. PM me and I'll offer up some alternatives if you're not already aware of them.

Sent from my mind to your mind through the sorcery of language.
If you're not always prepared, you're sometimes prepared.

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #13 on: October 19, 2014, 02:26:41 PM
This forum has been dead since the summer giveaways. I've noticed quite a few threads that have gotten little to no response. I personally have stopped coming here so much because of it and now spend most of my time elsewhere. PM me and I'll offer up some alternatives if you're not already aware of them.

Hm, how do you come to that conclusion? If anything this forum is on the rise.

Currently this year we have in October 16,042 posts more than we had at the end of October 2013 and 48,712 posts more than we had at the end of October 2012. And the month isn't even over. That's HUGE in today's world of facebook, twitter, instagram, ... when most other forums are closing and loosing membership, especially for a specialized forum like this.

nl Offline bmot

• No Life Club
  • Don't judge a tool by it's brand
Reply #14 on: October 19, 2014, 02:32:13 PM

Currently this year we have in October 16,042 posts more than we had at the end of October 2013 and 48,712 posts more than we had at the end of October 2012. And the month isn't even over. That's HUGE in today's world of facebook, twitter, instagram, ... when most other forums are closing and loosing membership, especially for a specialized forum like this.

Ghe, I know it's alive enough that i can't keep up anymore :P  :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
A knife-carrying guide for the international traveller. : http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,47532.0.html

jp Offline dork

Help requested for international purchase & shipping
Reply #15 on: October 19, 2014, 03:43:34 PM

I won't argue with the numbers, but they don't really address my assertion that the forum has been dead since the summer giveaways. A majority of those posts could have come in the earlier part of the year from the same handful of people, in which case they would indicate more frequent communication between a limited group of individuals who have grown closer over their time at MTF. Who knows? You would need the number of posters as well as when those posts were made...for starters.

Anyway, I apologize for my careless phrasing and simply meant that at this time, compared to (early) summer, the forum seems less active with less communication in individual threads, as evidenced by this one where the only way the OP could get some help was by having the forum Administrator instigate it.

If you're not always prepared, you're sometimes prepared.

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #16 on: October 19, 2014, 04:39:49 PM
I think any place that offers a mass amount of giveaways at a certain point in time will have much higher activity at that time.  I think every summer here will see a big spike in activity, with new members signing up, and old members that may not post too often, but enjoy getting in on the games.

As enki pointed out, the numbers don't lie.  You might be on to something in regards to a smaller group of folks participating in the various discussions, but I personally don't see that as a bad thing.  No one will ever be shunned away, or made to feel not welcome, so everyone is free to go in any of the chats.

Strangers that live great distances becoming friends, in my eyes, is what makes this place so great.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%