Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

I'm a new fan of Dick's

us Offline Heinz Doofenshmirtz

• No Life Club
I'm a new fan of Dick's
on: October 13, 2014, 08:18:02 PM
Hi all.

First, I posted this in the Break Room because I wasn't sure it would be appropriate to put it in any of the other fora. Second, though I'm not active much at all here anymore, many of you know that despite my love of tools, outdoors/backcountry activities, emergency preparation, etc., that I am very politically liberal. One thing I appreciate about MTO is that we put things like differences in political, religious, and other issues aside and focus on what we all love.

That said, and without any intention of starting anything about values, beliefs, etc., I haven't had much interest in Dick's, even though a new one opened up in my area not quite a year ago. As a dad with a young daughter, I have become very concerned with issues of women's equality. I found this article this morning, and was very heartened by it. The next time I need to go to a sporting goods store I'll be checking out the new Dick's in my area.

http://www.today.com/parents/girl-12-points-out-lack-girls-sporting-goods-catalog-2D80209035
The first Noble Truth: life is suffering.  Only by accepting that fact can we transcend it.

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Re: I'm a new fan of Dick's
Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 08:20:37 PM
Heinz! Great to see you!

I'd have to be honest,this isn't quite what I thought that this thread would be about :oops:
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 08:25:22 PM
Heinz! Great to see you!

I'd have to be honest,this isn't quite what I thought that this thread would be about :oops:

+1...
 :facepalm:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline scattergun13

• No Life Club
  • Wanna give blood? Run from my K9...
Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 09:40:12 PM
Heinz! Great to see you!

+1...

Welcome back Heinz but you know this begs for a joke.  I'll try to hold back but I make no promises for that Santos character... :twak:

Stew
" If it was built by matt2silver then I want2buy it...

de Offline Lichtbote

Reply #4 on: October 13, 2014, 09:57:09 PM
Strange - usually female rights/equality supporters fight against nice pics of females in catalogues.  :rofl:
Have fun.

Bye,
Michael

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: October 13, 2014, 10:04:36 PM
Who am I to judge?...  :think:
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #6 on: October 13, 2014, 10:10:16 PM
In an unusual return to the actual subject...

Good on Dick's( I'm sorry,i can't even type that without giggling :facepalm:) for (I was going to say standing up...sorry) taking ownership and acknowledging the issue.

And it's good to be reminded that lady athletes are that...not eye candy to be draped in swimsuits.

TBH I lost so much respect for Dancia Patrick when she done Swimsuit Edition. She's supposed to be a race car driver! Hell, who'd pay to see Niki Lauda in a speedo?
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #7 on: October 14, 2014, 11:32:48 AM
If Niki Lauda looked like Danica Patrick, I might. 

In today's day and age of spin doctors trying to cover up and make excuses for things like this I think I'm more proud of Dick's for admitting the mistake and moving on than concocting some story.

It's refreshing really.

Def

Sent from a digital multitool

Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline nate j

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: October 23, 2014, 04:30:12 AM
Without (hopefully) getting too political, I'm continuing my personal boycott of Dick's until such time as they admit their actions in this situation (http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/18/justice/connecticut-dicks-guns/) were nothing but shallow, foolish pandering.
 :rant:

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #9 on: October 23, 2014, 02:08:21 PM
Heinz! Great to see you!

+1...

Welcome back Heinz but you know this begs for a joke.  I'll try to hold back but I make no promises for that Santos character... :twak:

Stew

I think you can't use these two words in the same sentence...

:think: 8)

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD