Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Leatherman saved the day during a very critical hour.

Rux · 5 · 1818

us Offline Rux

Leatherman saved the day during a very critical hour.
on: October 16, 2014, 07:46:26 PM
Hey everyone.

It's been a really rough month for me. I nearly lost my job, my uncle passed and my best friends older brother whom I also grew up with, went to school with and kept the same social circles as just passed away last night.

I'm not trying to make everyone feel somber nor garner sympathy, but had to share that the Leatherman and my PocketWrench II that I won from an MT.O giveaway saved the day last night.

My friends brother has been horribly ill for the last month, and yesterday fate decided it was his time. When I got to my friends mothers house last night, the whole family was in rough shape.

His mother just really wanted to go to bed but her room was filled with medical equipment including a hospital-esque type bed.

She didn't want to look at anymore as she just lost her first born son. Understandably. When I arrived, the house was somber and they were trying to get the equipment out of there but most wouldn't fit through the doorway without being disassembled and they didn't have any tools.

I had my Skinth on me. Between the Leatherman screwdrivers, pliers and my handy dandy PWII, we got it all out of there, put her room back together and made her bed so she could get some rest.

Leatherman and PocketWrench II (Thanks MT.O) saved the day in a big way to give that poor woman some peace for the night.

In closing, hug your loved ones extra tight and keep your tools nearby. You just never know when their services will be called upon.

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Re: Leatherman saved the day during a very critical hour.
Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 07:50:05 PM
 :)

That's really the value of a multitool.  I hope life becomes a little less "eventful" for you.

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 09:03:36 PM
I rarely come into LM subforum, but am glad to hear those tools stay true in the hours of need.  And I do hope times will get easier soon enough for you, and I will keep you and your friend's family in my thoughts.

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 09:12:16 PM
I hope things pick up for you, your family and friends.

Nate

Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #4 on: October 17, 2014, 01:57:28 AM
Sorry to hear about the dreadful chain of events.  Nice story about your LM and PW2 being able to bring some rest for her. 
Esse Quam Videri

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75
Site Currency: USD