Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

skeletool's bit driver

il Offline dan.mandiel

• i need a surge :cry:
skeletool's bit driver
on: October 26, 2014, 06:53:15 PM
so i was watching a Leatherman Skeletool CX review and i realized that it has a different type of bit driver, i wanted to know if i could swap the bit driver from there to the bit on the charge and i was wondering if the bit driver on the skeletool has any advantages\disadvantages over the charge\wave bit driver?
*the picture of the skeletool's bit driver was taken from ItsAWonderfulKnife's review.
רקשג.jpg
* רקשג.jpg (Filesize: 13.73 KB)
images (1).jpg
* images (1).jpg (Filesize: 5.33 KB)
- Ok sir, we've found this good multitool without scissors-

-scissors.

- but sir, we figured it might not have scissors but it does have almost everything you need for a good price! -

- scissors.

- but sir..-

- sci. ssors.

us Offline JAfromMn

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Stranger in a Strange Land
Re: skeletool's bit driver
Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 07:49:44 PM
There two totally different tools . I doubt there drivers can be swapped around.

you second question is one better than the other Again there 2 different tools both drivers are good. The skeletool driver is a little better to me because it locks but function is the same

Defend the Hive!!!

nl Offline bmot

• No Life Club
  • Don't judge a tool by it's brand
Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 08:19:35 PM
There two totally different tools . I doubt there drivers can be swapped around.

you second question is one better than the other Again there 2 different tools both drivers are good. The skeletool driver is a little better to me because it locks but function is the same

I would say the locking function is more important on the Skele, though, as in the Charge, bits wouldn't fall out in transport, anyway, being locked away inside the tool.
A knife-carrying guide for the international traveller. : http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,47532.0.html

us Offline Kampfer

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 05:21:19 AM
Skeletool bit driver is fixed to handle, very different from wave's. But they use the same size bits.
EDC: Black Talon, Black Cat, Spirit, LD02

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD