Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The Great Keychain One Piece Tool Roundup.

Chako · 102 · 20284

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
The Great Keychain One Piece Tool Roundup.
on: November 04, 2014, 02:35:45 AM
I decided to buy a lot of cheap one piece tools off of eBay to see what these things are all about, with the idea that I can at least take a photo, and write up a few ideas on each design. I will state, I am not a big fan of these type of tools, and my sampling a lot of cheap gear is my attempt to at least better understand the allure such tools have with other folks. Maybe, just maybe, I might be a budding convert.

As of this writing, I am still missing two tools that were ordered early last month. One of them is from the same guy I just received a package that contained 8 items that I had ordered at the same time. Not sure what to make of that.  :think:

Here is a cross section of most of the one piece tools I have managed to accrue to-date. I figure in the least, the photos can inform folks about what is out there. Every square of the background is 1/2 Inch.

Now onto the first installment...

Raker Ring Tools

At least I know who designed these, and they aren't cheap knockoffs either. Ray Kirk was such a nice guy that he even got together with multitool.org and produced a limited run of his tools with MT.O stamped on them. At the time, which I believe was in 2009, he had 4 models on offer, and I bought one of each. Today, you can find a version of this tool on tap from CRKT called the K.E.R.T. Interestingly enough, one of two tools that haven't arrived yet was a CRKT K.E.R.T tool...go figure. I do feel lucky to have scored all 4 of these models when they came out.

The first is a beautiful Damascus version designed for emergency crews with a built in oxygen valve wrench, and a 1/4" hex. This design is the same as that found on the CRKT K.E.R.T, where the key ring is an integral part of the tool's belt cutter function.

A third version of the emergency seat belt cutter tool.

Here is another emergency tool with an oxygen wrench. This one has a darker finish.

Another version aimed at the fisherman market. This one features a 10mm hex as well as a 1/4" hex wrench for working on reals.

These are quality pieces. The large keychain ring really allows you to achieve a lot of leverage when cutting seat-belts, ropes, etc. This is a great design. I can easily recommend these to anyone.

A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Re: The Great Keychain One Piece Tool Roundup.
Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 02:44:06 AM
Pocket Screwdriver.

What is small and very handy, and will do a better job than a quarter for screwdriver jobs...why its the Pocket Screwdriver.

This 1" diameter tool features a range of edge thickness (from 0.030" to 0.090") which forms a ramp around the edge. Depending on your need, you have a wide range of thickness to get that perfect fit. Truly a very useful small bit of kit that would feel right at home on a keychain. I have found lots of uses for my copy.

My only grip with this one, the diameter doesn't allow you much leverage to tighten some screws, but that is an ok compromise for the small package footprint. Yes, this is another easy pocket tool I can easily recommend.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 05:49:57 AM
EDC Bike Tool.

Now here is something a bit unique in design, and it appears to be well thought out.

Meet the EDC Bike Tool. A light weight ring of tools that feature a lot of Allen keys. Also included are a single driver bit, meaning you can carry others and they will fit the standard bit driver size. The downsize to this of course, no place to store said bits with the tool.

The EDC Bike multi-Tool includes: 1) 3mm Allen Screwdriver; 2) 4mm Allen Screwdriver; 3) 5mm Allen Screwdriver; 4) 6mm Allen Screwdriver 5) 7mm Allen Screwdriver; 6) Philips Screwdriver; 7) Slotted Screwdriver; 8) T10 Torx Screwdriver, 9) Hex Screwdriver 10) Bottle Opener. Included is a key ring to carry it around.

Almost laughable is the notion one could use this as a self defense ring...but my largish fingers won't fit.

After trying this tool out, I can say it is large enough to be able to get enough torque on the things you are working on. I like this small but capable tool.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 08:32:54 AM
Nice, I like the pocket screwdriver :tu:

However, if I see something like the EDC Bike Tool, I always wonder what their pockets are made off. That looks like it will not sit comfortably in your pockets.
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #4 on: November 04, 2014, 11:45:58 AM
It wouldn't. However, if you hang your keys off a belt loop, then it might be ok.  :)

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #5 on: November 04, 2014, 12:11:42 PM
EDC Pure Titanium Pocket Multitool + Ti Screwdriver Cartridge and a Stainless Steel Version.

Not sure what to say about these two tools. I came across the top stainless steel version before I came across the bottom titanium version with center piece. Both come with hardware such as small black rubber bands, nylon washers, and a Chicago screw that allows you to combine both tools with some keys.

Both tools show slight differences, so much so that when I tried to insert that titanium center part into the stainless steel version, it wouldn't fit.

So lets look a little closer at the function of these tools. The center cutout makes a great hex wrench. However, because they decided to go somewhat symmetrical with the cutout, you don't get Imperial and Metric. I suppose you could use them on any hex bolt that fits. Another main feature, that of attaching keys to this device works great. The washers between the keys also makes them super easy to rotate for use. It is a simple system that really works great if you only carry a few keys with you. Both tools also feature a large flat screwdriver/ pry-bar/ box opener on one end. I did try the tool at opening boxes, and although it isn't a utility knife, it did the job easily.

Now for that center part. The seller states that this is a screwdriver, and for the love of me, I can't figure out how this is such. The problem being it is just a flat thick piece of titanium. If they had beveled the edge to a thinner profile, maybe I could see this being functional as such. I mean, the center part is 0.8" thick. On the other hand, I guess there could be some creative ways of using this piece. Possibly as a little pry bar, picker...who know what? I guess it is a freebie as it occupied wasted space anyways, so I can't knock its usefulness harshly. The tool comes with some black rubber bands that would hold the center part securely. I didn't attach them to the tool for these photos.  I guess they sell the center part separately as it comes with its own little lanyard/keyring hole to carry it separately from the um...er...mother tool.

All in all, I am a bit puzzled over that center piece. Maybe some readers would be kind to let me know some possible uses for it...as I am a bit stumped looking at the tool right now.  :think:

Based on this, I would go for the cheaper stainless steel version despite the allure of Titanium...which I just don't get. The weight difference between the two is negligible.

EDIT: I just found the original over at http://Tacticalkeychains.com :tu:
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 12:49:05 PM by Chako »

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #6 on: November 04, 2014, 12:39:47 PM
Portable Folding Scissors.

I have always owned a pair of folding scissors that fold upon themselves. I have them next to my chair, and I use it most days opening mail ect. What I do not like about the pair however, are the sharp edges that ring your fingers, due to the design. When I spied this pair, I thought to myself, what a bit of ingenious designing here. Is folds into a smaller package, and doesn't appear to have any design flaws such as sharp edged finger holes.

Now this pair comes from China. I did a quick Google to see if I could hammer down the origins of this design, and I couldn't. However, I did discover that there are several USA made scissors of the same design, and one from Switzerland. What I also discovered is that my version not only has some Chinese laser etchings on the body, but it also features two attachment holes for keyrings or lanyard...whatever is your preference.

I was prepared to hate this set, as I know that when it comes down to scissors, you can usually tell the junk from quality...but I was surprised at how well these cut paper. I also am a big fan of this design.

My final thoughts, I am sure the design has been out for some time now, but this is the first time I get to play with a pair, and I must say, I like this little pair quite well. It might just displace my other pair for daily shores.

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #7 on: November 04, 2014, 01:02:22 PM
Cool tools and neat looking scissors.
Nate

SEND IT!

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #8 on: November 04, 2014, 01:28:51 PM
EDC Scallop Pocket Tool.

EDC Gear sure likes to rip off a lot of designes and ideas. This Scallop pocket tool is a rip off of Brad Martin's Bottle Grenade which can be found over at http://Tacticalkeychains.com.

Now you can tell that EDC Gears version is made a whole lot cheaper. Especially considering the thickness of materials, let alone the quality of the steel. On the plus side, you can have this version for a few bucks, whereas the original is always more expensive, but then you are paying for quality materials, and product, let alone the idea of the original inventor. Do I feel bad buying this cheap version...in a way, yes I do. I am supporting folks that rip off the original inventor. I know I would be furious if my ideas got stolen as I do whenever I find my photographs stolen online. With that said, I would never be a customer of the original, and for a few bucks, I can at least see what the design is capable of doing. Besides, I bought these items for educational purposes, to inform folks out here about what is available for pocket carry tools, and hopefully, to send a nod to the original if I can find them online.

Anyways, you can see they have changed a few things in this cheaper EDC Gear version. Thankfully, EDC Gears are happy in ripping off ideas and designs, but are equally happy in proudly branding their own items. A step above out and out cloning and misleading a consumer into buying what they think are OEM goods...but that is hair spitting and semantic definitioning at play here.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #9 on: November 04, 2014, 01:52:49 PM
EDC Gear Pocket Tool.

When I was cruising eBay for pocket tools to get on the cheap, I came across this beautiful looking design. Of course, the seller called it a generic name, and I had wondered at the time why such a beautiful design wasn't given a proper fitting name. Well after some digging, I found out why. Once again, EDC Gear ripped off the idea from a kickstarter design happily called the Viperfish. The Viperfish can be seen here at http://the-gadgeteer.com/2013/09/14/when-is-a-fish-not-a-fish-when-its-the-titanium-viperfish-pocket-tool/

Man, they even ripped off the concept of the following photo as seen here... http://www.cogentindustries.com/products/viperfish/.

What do I think of the EDC Gear version...it is a very nice and eye catching design. Once again, you can have this tool for only a few bucks...but I can guarantee you will feel somewhat dirty buying one once you know that they didn't come up with the idea. So you can have this cheap stainless steel version, or buy and support the folks who designed it but at a higher cost for better production and quality titanium. For myself, I don't see a need to buy the original, but then, I am not a big fan of these types of tools. I know others on this forum will disagree. With that said, if you do like the design and are willing to spend a few bucks, then give the real Viperfish a gander.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #10 on: November 04, 2014, 02:09:06 PM
EDC Gears Crank Crowbar.

When I first got the idea of doing this article, I decided that I would buy plenty of cheap one piece tools off of eBay to see what was out there. At the time, I noted a lot of EDC Gear items. They practically had the under 6 dollars one piece tool market sewn up. With a little digging, you quickly realize that EDC Gear doesn't have an original thought in their head, as they out and out rip off designs and ideas from everywhere. One quickly realizes they scour kickstarter with a fine tooth comb and a magnifying glass. They will take someone else's idea and mass produce it for cheap, often cutting corners in materials and design, to make a quick buck off the backs of other folks. The sad part is most buyers wouldn't even know. I count myself as one who didn't know the market of one piece tools. I mean, I was aware of Atwood and how expensive his products are. I could never understand the cachet such tools garnered amongst its followers. That was part of the impetus for doing this in the first place. Irrespective, I am a bit shocked at how bad EDC Gears is in doing such dirty deeds. Can I vilify them any more? You bet.

Case in point, I came across this EDC Gears Crank Crowbar.

I thought to myself, ok...this doesn't look that bad. I would never need such a tool, but for the purpose of doing this thread, I will buy one to see what it is all about. Oh that curiosity strikes again.

But then, after some searching online, I come across this...http://the-gadgeteer.com/2013/12/01/in-a-world-of-hurt-let-the-fubar-baby-help-pry-you-out-of-that-situation/.

So the original is called the fubar baby. Looks like quite possibly the rip off design came to market before the real thing did.  :think:

So what do I think of the Crank Pry bar you may ask? The tool is very closely designed on the original, except with the usual cutting corners. The pry bar is also a little thinner than the original, but not by much. They even attempted to copy the milled grooves of the original. Of course the Logo on the tool just adds insult to injury, but at least tells folks in the know to stay clear of this item. If you aren't in the know, and you need something like this, the EDC Gear version does make a good little pry bar. But the original would be better.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #11 on: November 04, 2014, 02:55:16 PM
EDC Pocket Bottle Opener Tool.

Here is another interesting design. I unfortunately couldn't dig up the original, however, I do have strong suspicions that it is another Kickstarter design campaign.

This tool is larger than most, and that is a good and bad thing. It is a bit awkward to carry, but he added size does mean you can get a good grip on the tool. This tool features a large T handle that allows you good leverage to use the screwdriver tip as a pry bar. It would also act as a good defense weapon in a heartbeat...far better than keys in any event. Like most of these tools, you get an assortment of different hex bolt wrench sizes. A big plus is the fantastic bottle opener with a great handle.

I like this tool overall in its design. A bit too large to pocket carry though, and even a little too large to carry on a keychain, but with size comes comfort. Like most things, trade offs are evident. I just wish I could find the original inventor as I seriously doubt this is an EDC Gears original concept.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #12 on: November 04, 2014, 03:09:38 PM
Nextool Glacial Pegasus.

After searching hard, I couldn't find a company website for Nextool. What I did find however, are a number of cute one piece designed pocket tools. The Glacial Pegasus is a striking example of this.

The Glacial Pegasus appears to be a cut above the EDC Gear stuff in terms of quality. Clear and concise laser etchings informing the user of the tools features are a nice plus. What sets this one apart from many of the others, is the inclusion of a nice v notch cutter. Another nice touch are the markings around the bottle opener which turns the tool into a rudimentary compass for angle work.

I like this tool quite a lot. Not only does it follow the one piece tool as art design philosophy which most folks are now doing in an attempt to make their tools unique. I mean, how many times can you cut holes into metal to make them functional but different? This blends the line between functional tool and art/jewelry piece.  On the downside, is it a bit large. On the bright side, it does come with an S carabiner that appears to be a generic knock off of the ones I have seen with Nite-Ize stamped on them.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #13 on: November 04, 2014, 03:14:38 PM
Nextool Monster Mouth.

Here is another cute design by Nextool, this one is called Monster Mouth. Another neat looking tool that is also supplied with an S carabiner which will allow you to clip this to mostly anything you desire.

This tool doesn't feature a v notch cutter, but it does offer quite a lot of different hex wrenches, a bottle opener, and a flat screwdriver/pry bar. Well made like the Glacial Pegasus mentioned above. Both tools feature a bead blasted finish, and clear crisp laser etchings. All in all a good quality tool for your keychain. Much like the Pegasus, it is a tad large to comfortably nestle amongst your keys.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #14 on: November 04, 2014, 03:31:01 PM
EDC Gear E79 multi-tool.

Here is something really different, and large. So large in fact, I have to wonder how to carry thing hunk of steel.

Now I am certain this is not an EDC Gear original concept. i am sure this was also found in some kickstarter campaign, but I couldn't find the original after much online searching. I just don't have the originals name to find it.

The nice thing about this design however, are those grooves on the edges. The size and those grooves makes this tool the perfect para-cord recipient and quite possibly a place in a bugout bag, or other survivalist type kit. You could even use this as a good basis for a fishing kit by wrapping fishing line around it.

At first, I didn't quite like this design, thinking it very large...but then I missed the point of this design. It really shines if you plan on using it as a rope/fishing line organizer and then tossed into a kit where its size won't be much of a factor, but will help with the use of rope work. Think makeshift grappling hook, or rope organizer, or fishing kit...and then you start opening up to the possibilities. This is not a tool meant for key or pocket carry. Once I got over that hurdle, I can appreciate this a little more.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 03:33:00 PM by Chako »

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #15 on: November 04, 2014, 03:34:36 PM
Is it possible to refer all these great posts by Chako in Multitool.org? Or even upload them? It would make the most comprehensive encyclopedia with great reference photos and comments from someone who has practically seen everything.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #16 on: November 04, 2014, 03:42:23 PM
EDC Gear Skeleton Key.

Now here is a design that was easy to trace back to its origins. Here is EDC Gear's version of the TAD Skeleton key. TAD stands for Triple Aught Design. The original which can be found here...http://store.tripleaughtdesign.com/Skeleton-Key, is made from titanium, and of course exceeds the quality evident here in the EDC Rip off version. Of course, it is hard to compare a 5 dollar tool to the original which cost 99 dollars.

EDC Gear's version is made of stainless steel which is also not as thick as the original version. I can also tell that the stamping of the skull design isn't as nice either. With that said, I would never pay 99 dollars for the original. In that light, I guess owning a cheap 5 dollar tool isn't all that bad either...even if it makes one feel slightly dirty in supporting what is essentially a rip off design company. The price I pay for researching items for this thread.  :)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 06:36:28 PM by Chako »

us Offline Kampfer

• Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #17 on: November 04, 2014, 05:50:52 PM
Nice write up, thanks Chako.
I think the EDC Gear E79 multi-tool is copied from the Large WTF.
http://www.uniquetitanium.com/LARGE-WTF-Tool_p_607.html
EDC: Black Talon, Black Cat, Spirit, LD02

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #18 on: November 04, 2014, 06:16:41 PM
Excellent Kampfer. You nailed it.

kkokkolis, I can assure you I haven't seen everything.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #19 on: November 04, 2014, 06:35:58 PM
EDC Gear Pocket Tool.

Here is another no name one piece pocket tool...and you guessed it, another rip off from a designer named Jeff Morin. Jeff called his creation The Mantis, and once again, was a kickstarter project. The Mantis also has a sister tool called the Cricket. Both appear to be neat and well thought out ideas. Ideas ripe for EDC Gear to copy and mass produce.

http://the-gadgeteer.com/2014/03/13/you-wont-be-bugged-by-the-mantis-and-cricket-multi-tools/

And here is EDC Gears version...whick like all their gear, was very cheap in price.

And a photo taken from the sellers listing.

On the original, that triangle is used as a 3 way wire stripper. On the EDC Gear copy, it is just a decorative triangle. Likewise, the serrations are non existent on the copy compared to the original. You can tell that EDC Gear is more interested in pumping out weak copies that aren't as functional as the original design...but I guess in their eyes, a weak cheap copy will sell over a better made and functionally better made copy.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #20 on: November 04, 2014, 06:59:02 PM
EDC Gear Key Organizer.

I have looked long and hard at key organizers. Right now all of my keys are hanging off of a large Nite-Ize S carabiner by numerous split O rings. Not an ideal situation. While looking at eBay solutions, I noticed something that might just tame my key problems. Of course this is from EDC Gear, and it was relatively cheap at 6 bucks each...I bought 2.

Then I realized that this is once again a knock off of a US made product under the name of KeySmart.

http://coolpile.com/gear-magazine/keysmart-organize-keys-minimalist-way

EDC Gear has changed the shape somewhat, but the material is touted at being aircraft grade aluminium. I don't doubt it is aluminium...but I do doubt the quality of said material. In my hands, and to my untrained eyes, this appears to be of good fit and finish.

Of course, the major downfall to the EDC Gear version is that one of the post is large and the other smaller. The fact that none of my keys will not fit the larger post's diameter as me  :think: into why did they design it in such a way that you can't double up your keys like the original version found in the keysmart system from the US.  :facepalm:

Included with each key organizer from EDC Gear are 3 large and 3 small black rubber O rings that I presumably assume goes in-between your keys.

I am sorry I bought two of these, as I was planning on using them to tame my keys. That larger post has me really stumped on its inclusion into this design. I own plenty of keys, I just don't own anything that would fit that diameter. Maybe keys with such holes exist elsewhere on this planet...just not in my neck of the woods.

Because of this I will have to tell folks to stay away from this. it is a great deal for 6 bucks...but spending more on the original is smart money well spent if you so desire such a key organizer. At least the Keysmart won't come crippled out of the box.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 07:00:59 PM by Chako »

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #21 on: November 04, 2014, 07:06:52 PM
EDC Gear Pumpkin Tool.

No clue why it is called a Pumpkin Tool. If you actual flipped the tool upside down to what I photographed it, it might resemble their logo more than anything else.

Once again, I couldn't find this tools progenitor, but one can easily assume it is from some kickstarter campaign. After researching these tools, I can make one statement...if you plan on kickstarting a one piece tool design, you will have to worry about EDC Gear taking your concept and selling your tools to a mass market for cheap probably before you can roll your design into production. This is a real worry, and one I wasn't aware of until I started writing these little vignettes on these types of tools.

Anyhow, the Pumpkin Tool focuses mostly on pry bar and bottle opener duty with a flat head driver thrown in for good measure. You get 2 nail pullers, and for some reason, I do like the shape of this tool. It fits my large hands nicely, which allows a good leverage when using the pry bar feature. I can only imagine how much nicer the original concept is to this one, as I know that EDC Gear does cut corners to lower the price.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #22 on: November 04, 2014, 07:21:24 PM
Navy CUI 2001

I bet some of you were wondering when Atwood would get hit...well here it is. Meet the Navy CUI 2001 which copies the Atwood G5 Prybaby. Of course, the copy is not made from exotic metals, and is a bit less thick, and the finish is definitely not up to Atwood standards. However, with that said, this tool cost around 11 dollars, and the design is very function for such a small form factor. All Navy tools have a bead blasted finish, and the quality is quit nice for the price. I can't fault this tool actually, as much as EDC Gear materials has me hating copies of late, this tool is very nice in comparison...not saying ripping off the design of Atwood is any better than other folks...an apple is still an apple...but then, not many can afford Atwood gear simply because of the limited production, etc. I have no qualms owning this Navy CUI 2001.

Please note that my flash overpowered the markings on this tool.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #23 on: November 04, 2014, 07:35:55 PM
Navy CUI 2002.

I am going to assume that Navy tends to rip off designs by Peter Atwood. As such I couldn't find this design on his website, but then again I am certainly no Atwood expert. Maybe someday, I may buy one of his tools to see what all the fuss is about. Anyways the Navy CUI 2002 is a rather largish tool. For some unknown reason, my copy came with two Phillips PH2 bits.

This tools size makes using it a nice thing. You won't feel cramped on this one. Likewise, the tools is just large enough to give you something to grab onto when using any of the hex wrench features. One of the hex wrenches is angled just right to make an excellent bottle opener. Prying with this is not that great due to the large hex cutout, and using any of those two sections as a flathead driver won't work very well due to the thickness at the tip. Even so, I do like this design.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #24 on: November 04, 2014, 07:45:49 PM
Navy CUI 2003.

A direct rip off of Peter Atwood's Bugbites design with a few small changes. Ah who am I kidding, with plenty of changes mostly dealing with quality, craftsmanship, and materials. With that said, like all Navy tools that I own in my possession, surprisingly good quality for the cash outlay, so long as you don't mind owning a stolen designed tool.

I do not have much to say about the CUI 2003. I have tried the screwdriver function, and found the tool just large enough make do. I have big hands, and its lilliputian design was a problem for me. I wanted it to be a half inch longer. On the plus side, it is compact, and fits well with keys on a keyring.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #25 on: November 04, 2014, 07:51:43 PM
Navy CUI 2005.

Here is another (I presume but could be wrong as I couldn't find it off of his web site) Atwood clone. This one is a little better than the 2003 simply because of its more ergonomic rounded exterior that fits the hand very nicely. It is also just that bit longer...which means it fits my larger hands nicely. Once again, a Phillips PH2 bit is included.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #26 on: November 04, 2014, 07:56:13 PM
Navy CUI 1002.

This is a rip off of Peter Atwood's Micro Bug Out knife. The Navy version does have a few changes however. The Navy comes in a vinyl sheath. Also, the Navy doesn't feature a para-cord wrapped handle. Likewise, the V notch wire cutter is off center in the Navy version. Other than those little changes...it is a nice copy of the Micro Bug out knife. This is a nice little knife all told.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 08:02:40 PM by Chako »

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #27 on: November 04, 2014, 08:02:05 PM
Navy CUI 1003.

Navy sure has a thing for Atwood designs. Here is another knife based on Peter Atwood's Tanto Goblin. Not much to say about this one as it is of good quality which of course isn't up to par of the Atwood stuff...but then you can buy these for a whole lot less cash. Once again, lacking the para-cord handles of the Atwood.

gb Offline Cupboard

• No Life Club
Reply #28 on: November 04, 2014, 09:16:31 PM
Your pocket screwdriver looks like a spark plug gapping tool.
And your scissors are a knock off from here I think: http://www.slipnsnip.com/

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #29 on: November 04, 2014, 10:01:48 PM
kkokkolis, I can assure you I haven't seen everything.

Yeah, I understand, it is difficult to remember where you put everything. Someday you may encounter the rest in the bottom drawer or somewhere.

Your pocket screwdriver looks like a spark plug gapping tool.
And your scissors are a knock off from here I think: http://www.slipnsnip.com/

(Image removed from quote.)

I had one of these in the elementary school, I am talking for 35-40 years ago. It was the same but  rounded. It was my favorite, always with me, I  might have it somewhere in my parents' memorabilia. So it is an old design.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%