Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Crazy Prices !

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Crazy Prices !
on: November 04, 2014, 11:09:04 AM
How does $399.99 ( + $12.95 for shipping) sound to you for a Buy-It-Now price for a NIC Schrade/Vise-Grip Toolbox 6LC (large jaw locking pliers MT) ?   ???

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281486699152

I would estimate that to be around $300.00 or so too high, but if someone is silly enough to pay it then I guess the seller is on a winner  :facepalm:

I suppose this "lightly used" SOG Micro ToolClip (black) isn't quite as bad, but the seller has been trying to sell it for $75.00 for quite a while now, with no takers:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221590780909
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Crazy Prices !
Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 11:21:43 AM
I watched a used SideClip sell for NZ$132.50 earlier tonight.  :facepalm:

gb Offline tosh

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 05:59:28 AM
Tell me about it.
I mentioned a few days ago the Porsche Wenger on ebay.....$750. Not to worry there is a cheaper one too.......a mere $699!!  :facepalm:

Whilst those prices are pretty optomistic  :rofl: I do think that prices will rise dramatically over the next few years as the new generation of collectors battle it out to grab what's available.

:think: - I haven't seen a Gerber First Production Run for a very long time, it would be interesting to see the chaos that would create - lol
I don't claim to know it all, but what I do know is right.

us Offline AdmSlc

• adm.slc@icloud.com
Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 06:09:50 AM
I'm always surprised by some people on how much they'll pay on eBay for things.

-AdmSlc

au Offline gregozedobe

Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 07:29:56 AM
:think: - I haven't seen a Gerber First Production Run for a very long time, it would be interesting to see the chaos that would create - lol
I'm currently offering to trade one for an LM ST200 SS CC, but haven't even had a nibble so far .....  :pok:
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

gb Offline tosh

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 10:31:44 AM
I'm currently offering to trade one for an LM ST200 SS CC, but haven't even had a nibble so far .....  :pok:

I already have the FPR Gerber, no way would I let mine go now.
I don't claim to know it all, but what I do know is right.

au Offline gregozedobe

Reply #6 on: November 05, 2014, 10:41:18 AM

I already have the FPR Gerber, no way would I let mine go now.

The trade I'm after is going the other way.   I have a Mr Pinchy v1.0 FPR that I'm willing to trade for someone else's LM ST200 SS CC  (yes, it isn't the only FPR I have, if I only had one I would be hanging on to it like grim death too ;)  )

au Offline gregozedobe

Reply #7 on: November 12, 2014, 02:54:56 PM
Here is a Schrade I-Quip for $AU 399.00 !!!!!   :o

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111511752725

I know the I-Quips are worth a bit more than the standard Schrade Navitool, but I think that is a VERY optimistic price.  A new computer module is currently bid at $US 17.99 on eBay.

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: December 21, 2014, 12:06:31 AM
Not sure if best thread, but I don't get this  :think:.

Maybe it's because I'm new to both eBay and flashlights but why bid 76$ for something that was available for 48$ for Buy it now! - same configuration, same seller...:

Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

au Offline gregozedobe

Reply #9 on: December 21, 2014, 12:15:01 AM
A Gerber MP650 military version MT recently sold on eBay for $355.00  !!!!   :o

I was interested, but not THAT interested.

au Offline gregozedobe

Reply #10 on: March 16, 2015, 05:50:24 AM
Two Gerber MP650's (but without the EOD/Cap crimper heads, only one Cable Cutter head and no big pouches) Buy-It-Now $ 550.00 (this has been listed for a while now, but hasn't sold, I wonder why ?   :pok: )

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171678965308

LM Tool adapter (original) currently the bidding is $81.00 and there is still 13 hours to go (these really aren't that rare or valuable, but these two bidders aren't going to let that stop them bidding it up):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131453273491

au Offline gregozedobe

Reply #11 on: April 20, 2016, 02:42:46 AM
A LM PST v2 with starting bid of ONLY (!!!  ::)  )  $395.99 (and $11.65 std post).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141965092062

I'll admit it is in mint condition (and the sheath looks great), but definitely not really that rare (and I don't think it is from the early 1983 production as it doesn't have "Leatherman, USA" etched on the main blade).  I just checked, I currently have 15 of that version (v2), and if I was prepared to bid higher I could have bought quite a few more.

I'll be surprised if they get any bids at all.

au Offline gregozedobe

Reply #12 on: May 21, 2016, 01:10:38 PM
Here is another (very) optimistic would-be seller, offering a red SEKI-JAPAN SOG Micro ToolClip for (only ?) $300 (Buy-It-Now):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131819353957

I agree that these ARE rare, but I don't think they are quite that valuable.  Of course I could be wrong, and good luck to the seller if they find a buyer willing to pay their asking price (after all, that is how a free market works, isn't it ? ).  I'd be perfectly happy to sell mine for 1/2 that amount.

au Offline gregozedobe

Reply #13 on: November 06, 2016, 01:48:00 AM
I'm always surprised by some people on how much they'll pay on eBay for things.

This one certainly surprised me:

Reedy Creek Energy Svc MICKEY MOUSE Logo ZIPPO Multi Tool
http://www.ebay.com/itm/391608846362

This sold for U$ 545.00 !!!!!!  ???

I guess it must have been the Mickey Mouse Logo driving the price up, as regular Zippo (by Case) Fixxits usually sell for less than U$50.00

Oh well, that is how auctions and the free market economy work  :think:

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #15 on: November 06, 2016, 08:38:55 PM
Knock $50;off that and that's what I'll sell you my Wave for. 

But then,  I'm generous like that.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline irona

Reply #16 on: November 07, 2016, 01:52:52 AM
Here's another one  :facepalm:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Leatherman-Original-Wave-with-special-Leather-sheath-New-in-Box-Retired-/391611364383?hash=item5b2ddb341f:g:q-kAAOSwKOJYGBTb

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Leatherman-Crunch-New-Old-Stock-in-Box-Leather-Sheath-/391611349512?hash=item5b2ddafa08:g:vhoAAOSw8w1X6Xxf
Makes me consider hoarding a bunch of NIB Leathermans to sell 45 years later for 4x the price, but then I realize that I wouldn't be able to resist opening them up and playing with them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

us Offline chrono

• No Life Club
  • Find me if you can...
Reply #17 on: November 07, 2016, 03:46:56 AM
Wanna talk about crazy? Do you guys know about the Lego Mr. Gold craze 2 years ago? You could sell that $4 chunk of painted plastic for over $1,000.

us Offline irona

Reply #18 on: November 07, 2016, 03:54:35 AM
Wanna talk about crazy? Do you guys know about the Lego Mr. Gold craze 2 years ago? You could sell that $4 chunk of painted plastic for over $1,000.
I just looked this up. One's selling online right now for $3k!

us Offline chrono

• No Life Club
  • Find me if you can...
Reply #19 on: November 07, 2016, 04:43:54 AM

Oops! My number was off!  :cry:

us Offline irona

Reply #20 on: November 07, 2016, 05:32:37 AM

Oops! My number was off!  :cry:
Either that or that piece of plastic has insane interest rates

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68