Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Making a new unique "leather"sheath for the "Pharmber"

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Making a new unique "leather"sheath for the "Pharmber"
on: November 06, 2014, 01:51:33 AM
OK, so Ive been pondering about an idea, i have a couple diff sheaths for my syph custom Pharmber sak, but you can never have too many right? well i love a pancake sheath/holster, i think there the best because of having the two slots for the belt, this way you can put the belt loop behind it or you can put the sheath between loops this way it doesn't move much.. so heres what i came up with so far, the one design is just a little bigger then the other, that's pretty much it, so i went with the smaller one. this is as far as i can go for now, i ran out of snaps so i couldn't put one in, as far as string to stitch it, well i have some, but im waiting for a special one, along with special snaps, lol. as for coloring im going to try a little something called "Vinegaroon" and no not some bug, you take wool pad and stick it in a jar along with vinegar and let it sit for about 4-5 days. the vinegar breaks down the wool, and it looks clear as you wipe it on the leather(or wood) but then the chemical reaction turns the leather BLACK! thus why i wanted a diff string, i want RED! i think thats going to look cool! same with the snaps i got gunmetal, rather then silver. i cant wait! let me know what you guys think of the idea and the project so far? JR

Heres a pic to give you an idea of how i shifted it, this way it will be leaning forward rather then just up and down, think of the gray strip as a belt..
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Looking good so far!!! I like it.
Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Re: Making a new unique "leather"sheath for the "Pharmber"
Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 02:08:44 AM
That sounds sick, it already looks great and I can't wait to see the finished product! :cheers:
I'm a total legend..... in my own mind- Herley

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 03:34:59 AM
Very well done, great start to what looks like will be a excellent sheath.

And you say every member of MTO will get one for free? Can't wait for mine.  :pok:

us Offline BlueDot

Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 03:51:42 AM
I like the'cant' you gave it.

Can't wait to see the color combo.
There are just 10 types of people in the world:  those who understand binary number systems, and those who don't

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #5 on: November 06, 2014, 09:41:06 AM
I like the'cant' you gave it.

Can't wait to see the color combo.

Right? FBI cant SAK sheath.

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #6 on: November 06, 2014, 01:10:12 PM
Good project. Keep the photos coming!

:tu: :tu:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #7 on: November 06, 2014, 01:49:06 PM
I hate downtime, Im outta steel wool, and can hopefully pick some up today, but then still have to wait four days for the vinegar to break it down, That's the next step and I sould be getting the rest of the supply's tomorrow, so I just have to wait, sucks :( JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

pt Offline Ricardomfs

Looks good indeed yap :) keep it up mate

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #9 on: November 06, 2014, 03:22:55 PM
MP did you make the brown sheath in them photos also?

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #10 on: November 06, 2014, 04:05:33 PM
No, I wish I was that good, lol! I'm just a basics when it comes to leather. The one you see is a Zermatt and there made for SAK's. JR

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #11 on: November 06, 2014, 04:14:52 PM
No, I wish I was that good, lol! I'm just a basics when it comes to leather. The one you see is a Zermatt and there made for SAK's. JR

Looking at your FBI Cant sheath I am not sure I agree with what you say. That Zermatt sheath looks pretty nice though. Just another excuse to pick up a CT Lite.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #12 on: November 06, 2014, 04:22:24 PM

Looking at your FBI Cant sheath I am not sure I agree with what you say. That Zermatt sheath looks pretty nice though. Just another excuse to pick up a CT Lite.
What do you mean by fbi? The Zermatt also comes in black, so I was also thinking of seeing about getting one and cutting the string out and restitching it with the red, so we'll see. JR

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #13 on: November 06, 2014, 04:58:36 PM

What do you mean by fbi? The Zermatt also comes in black, so I was also thinking of seeing about getting one and cutting the string out and restitching it with the red, so we'll see. JR

FBI refers to a style of holsters used for pistols that have a 15 degree forward cant to make them more comfortable.

Most people agree it was made by the Federal Bureau of Investigations Firearms Unit. Some say it was made for comfort, safety or speed. Maybe a combination of these factors. It is accepted that it is in no way faster then a straight drop holster, though I can see an argument for safety and comfort. Also with some firearms it may hide a bit better.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #14 on: November 06, 2014, 05:13:32 PM

FBI refers to a style of holsters used for pistols that have a 15 degree forward cant to make them more comfortable.

Most people agree it was made by the Federal Bureau of Investigations Firearms Unit. Some say it was made for comfort, safety or speed. Maybe a combination of these factors. It is accepted that it is in no way faster then a straight drop holster, though I can see an argument for safety and comfort. Also with some firearms it may hide a bit better.
Gotcha! ;) JR

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #15 on: November 08, 2014, 01:11:51 PM
Those look great. :tu: Much better than my tries at those.

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #16 on: November 08, 2014, 03:33:18 PM
Hey MP since you are into the whole leather thing could you direct me to something I could use to make a Wenger sheath more darker brown?

This one.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #17 on: November 08, 2014, 06:03:25 PM
Hey MP since you are into the whole leather thing could you direct me to something I could use to make a Wenger sheath more darker brown?

This one.

(Image removed from quote.)
Nice sheath! It doesn't look sealed? If not look up Tandy leather(one of a few), and you can get a dye, all you would have to do is apply it to change the color, but then buff it to seal it, another way is get a dark shoe polish, and RUB it in! JR
   What's the name of that one(besides the Wenger)?

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #18 on: November 08, 2014, 07:06:18 PM
Nope not sealed.

89804 "natural color"
89803 black color

Those are the model numbers, they are made by Wenger.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #19 on: November 08, 2014, 07:21:03 PM
Nope not sealed.

89804 "natural color"
89803 black color

Those are the model numbers, they are made by Wenger.
I'm going to guess on the back there's two holes on the top and two holes on the bottom and just a line cut between the two for a belt loop? Or is there an actual piece of leather? JR

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #20 on: November 08, 2014, 07:25:48 PM
Pretty sure I saw an actual piece of leather but I did a lot of looking around at sheaths so who knows for sure.

If you look in my Wenger question thread in the SAK forum area there were some people who know a lot more about them then I do.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #21 on: November 08, 2014, 07:33:34 PM
Pretty sure I saw an actual piece of leather but I did a lot of looking around at sheaths so who knows for sure.

If you look in my Wenger question thread in the SAK forum area there were some people who know a lot more about them then I do.
No biggie, I have enough crap! But that is a nice thick leather sheath, especially with the rivets on top! I think I have a few, maybe I'll put them on the one I'm making :think: JR

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #22 on: November 08, 2014, 07:52:14 PM
Did another check on the solution, you can see I did four so far, just dipped a q-tip in and swiped it across, each time it's gotten darker, so maybe by tomorrow I'll put it on the sheath? As you can see in the jar it's ugly! I couldn't find any freaking steel wool at the store, only the non rusting kind and well that wouldn't work, so I went in the basement to see what I could find, needless to say I pile of rust and threw in a few screws, and well, it's working, so I'm not complaining! I have another jar so when it's done breaking down I'll put a coffee filter in the other and pour this one in,, this way it won't have all the crap in it.. JR

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #23 on: November 08, 2014, 08:20:38 PM
Looks like some kind of mad scientist doing an experiment.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #24 on: November 08, 2014, 08:58:48 PM
Looks like some kind of mad scientist doing an experiment.
Pretty much, just an odd shaped beaker.. JR

nz Online zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #25 on: November 08, 2014, 10:51:34 PM
That reminds me I need to soak the dismantled swisschamp.  :facepalm:

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #26 on: November 09, 2014, 02:26:29 AM

Trying to restore an old SC Zoid?

nz Online zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #27 on: November 09, 2014, 02:45:41 AM

Trying to restore an old SC Zoid?

I posted a few pics about it earlier this week, remember the green tray of SAK vomit.

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #28 on: November 09, 2014, 03:15:37 AM
Oh yeah the one that looked like it had sat in acid or some such.

Curious how this will turn out.

nz Online zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #29 on: November 09, 2014, 04:53:28 AM
I was wondering if I should reuse the liners and etch the tools to match.  :think:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%