Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Making a new unique "leather"sheath for the "Pharmber"

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Making a new unique "leather"sheath for the "Pharmber"
Reply #30 on: November 09, 2014, 05:03:23 AM
I was wondering if I should reuse the liners and etch the tools to match.  :think:

Or maybe just BO the whole lot?

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #31 on: November 09, 2014, 05:22:57 AM
I was wondering if I should reuse the liners and etch the tools to match.  :think:
The ones on that green frisbee plate? Those look BAD! Not the dirty part but pitted. JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #32 on: November 09, 2014, 06:35:14 AM
Yup, that's them. There is a little pitting. I've just put it all in some apple cider vinegar. Hot soap wash did nothing.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #33 on: November 09, 2014, 04:48:58 PM
Yup, that's them. There is a little pitting. I've just put it all in some apple cider vinegar. Hot soap wash did nothing.
Just woke up, gotta check to see how the vinegaroon is doing, it's been 10hrs since I tried it last and it was pretty dark, so we'll see. JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #34 on: November 09, 2014, 10:01:03 PM
It's done,, and the place stinks, and I mean STINKS! I took pics but I have to take off so it will be a little till I can post it, lol.. Later.. JR

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #35 on: November 09, 2014, 10:03:03 PM
 :popcorn:

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #36 on: November 09, 2014, 10:22:30 PM
Cool! Lets see! :D

I havent tried leatherwork since I was a kid and made my own Indiana Jones braided whip from tanned moose hide.  :D  I still have it too!  Doenst come in handy often though... lol

Leatherwork is something Id get into for a hobby if I had the time as it would be fun to make leather gear custom suited to the need.
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

au Offline harronek

Reply #37 on: November 09, 2014, 10:37:59 PM
Be very sure you have neutralised the Vinegaroon on your sheath with baking soda or the process will continue and actually damage the leather .
Vinegaroon isn't a dye as such it creates a chemical reaction within the tannins of the leather if not neutralised it that process will continue .
The smell is horrible as you have found out , it does produce a wonderful black , but that is outweighed by the disadvantages . That is why no one really uses the process much anymore .
It has been superseded by modern dyes .
It is fun to play with though isn't it  :tu:

Ken
A designer know he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add , but when there is nothing left to take away .

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #38 on: November 10, 2014, 12:08:03 AM
Ok, as promised here are some pics, as you can see I beat the crap out of it! When ever I make anything leather I like to work it! I think it turned out "ok" not the best but still pretty good.. The leather didn't want to take in a few sections because it wasn't open pores from stretching it to get it to fit, so I had to rough it up. The other little thing that I made to top it off was the zipper pull, I had it laying around and just fig it would be pretty cool if it was two tone to match the sheath, no? So while I was puttsing around I made one. And that's about it..
    That one that Harley posted I think would be pretty cool in black with red string! :) JR

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Looks good!
Nate

SEND IT!

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #40 on: November 10, 2014, 12:14:40 AM
Very nice JR.  :salute:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #41 on: November 14, 2014, 12:52:47 AM
Ok, it's been driving me nuts so I found one of the black sak sheaths cheap so I finally went ahead and grabbed one. Well it came in today and I did my mod on it! So here it is, I ripped out the stitching and pulled it apart, next up I lined the two sides with the felt to prevent it from bouncing around, this time it was much easier then the last time cause well it was apart rather then having to use pliers to get it in.. Next up I started stitching it with the red string, I didn't do the two small sections for the belt loop cause well, your never going to see it, lol. Lastly, the wife threw the idea of adding the extra stitching on the flap to give it that extra red! That part was the pain cause I had to punch the holes for it, but I think it turned out nice, it will definitely match the edc pack! So let me know what you think?  JR

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #42 on: November 14, 2014, 12:54:28 AM
sweet!!!
Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
That is a sweet looking sheath buddy!  Almost makes me want to sheath carry.....almost ;)
K-Tibbs

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #44 on: November 14, 2014, 02:16:25 AM
Thanks guys, oh come one monrogue, it's black and can go with anything even a suit! JR

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #45 on: November 14, 2014, 04:40:07 AM
It does have a certain classiness to it, but I wouldn't sheath carry a SAK anyway.  I would only do that with an MT, but even that is unlikely.  Still, it's a very strikingly cool looking sheath :tu:
K-Tibbs

fi Offline Crow

• No Life Club
  • Look at all those shiny sharp things.
Reply #46 on: November 14, 2014, 07:28:49 AM
That looks cool 8)

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Now that's great workmanship mate :)

Sent from the astropathic choir.

Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #48 on: November 14, 2014, 10:08:31 AM
Looking good mate.  :tu:

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #49 on: November 28, 2014, 07:37:17 PM
Wow !  nice job.   :tu:

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #50 on: November 28, 2014, 07:56:04 PM
I pocket carry a SAK, but Ive been thinking a sheath custom made to fit a SAK and LM mini tool side by side would be something Id really like.  Then I can have a SAK with no pliers on it to safe thickness, and have a full size set of pliers in the Mini.  Its my favorite combo.

I love the black/red look of yours!
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #51 on: November 28, 2014, 08:55:31 PM
Wow !  nice job.   :tu:
Thanks
I pocket carry a SAK, but Ive been thinking a sheath custom made to fit a SAK and LM mini tool side by side would be something Id really like.  Then I can have a SAK with no pliers on it to safe thickness, and have a full size set of pliers in the Mini.  Its my favorite combo.

Pocket carry would be nice, but for the size and weight of that Pharmber, it needed a sheath! There are a few places that you can get a custom made sheath, but the price can get a little exspencive! JR

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #52 on: November 29, 2014, 03:28:32 AM

There is a guy named Eric who makes sheaths that would work for you that don't cost to much. Both belt and pocket models.

Below is a link to some folks talking about his pocket version right here on MTO. The website is called Skinth Solutions.

http://forum.multitool.org/index.php?topic=45997.0

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD