Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Blown Away

se Offline Mr Biriyani

Re: Blown Away
Reply #30 on: November 11, 2014, 12:56:14 AM
All this talk and praise about the spirit makes me want to try one out.
Like my list isn´t long enough. >:(

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #31 on: November 11, 2014, 03:41:20 PM
All this talk and praise about the spirit makes me want to try one out.
Like my list isn´t long enough. >:(

Don't fall for it! Stay strong in the face of these heathens!

us Offline AdmSlc

• adm.slc@icloud.com
Reply #32 on: November 11, 2014, 04:16:58 PM
My Swisstool keeps impressing me.

-AdmSlc

us Offline matt2silver

Reply #33 on: November 17, 2014, 05:06:57 PM
I share your love.  I started my multitool addiction with a leatherman rebar and although it was a great tool the spirit X kicks it's butt in almost every way.  I love the fit and finish and the outside opening tool set.  It's really is the most user friendly multitool I have ever used (and I have tried just about all of them at this point).  Whats more it has a really crisp detent very similar to a typical SAK.  About the only thing that could make it better for me would be the addition of a pocket clip, but otherwise it really is an awesome tool.  I'm glad you're enjoying it!

us Offline Kampfer

• Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #34 on: November 17, 2014, 05:45:07 PM
I started my multitool addiction with a leatherman rebar and although it was a great tool the spirit X kicks it's butt in almost every way. 
Come on, pick on something its own size. Try put that up against my Mini-Surge... ;)
EDC: Black Talon, Black Cat, Spirit, LD02

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #35 on: November 17, 2014, 06:21:24 PM
I started my multitool addiction with a leatherman rebar and although it was a great tool the spirit X kicks it's butt in almost every way.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 06:23:41 PM by HarleyXJGuy »

us Offline Kampfer

• Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #36 on: November 25, 2014, 10:37:35 PM
This is a review for MUT from the Nut guy, at 13:30 he uses a Vic Swisstool and he got cut by it.

au Offline Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Reply #37 on: November 26, 2014, 03:45:59 AM
You have more staying power than me sitting through 13:30 or even 19:07 or a Nutnf review

us Offline Kampfer

• Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #38 on: November 26, 2014, 05:11:12 AM
I enjoy his reviews, got some good points.
One thing I strongly disagree with him how he thinks swisstools are superior to leatherman...
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 05:25:33 AM by Kampfer »

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #39 on: November 26, 2014, 09:06:59 AM
One thing I strongly disagree with him how he thinks swisstools are superior to leatherman...

Did you see how hard it was to get that bit out of the bitdriver ... no wonder he likes Swisstools more  ::).

;)

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #40 on: November 26, 2014, 09:59:58 AM

Did you see how hard it was to get that bit out of the bitdriver ... no wonder he likes Swisstools more  ::).

;)

I know right?

The bit drivers on the Swisstool line are so much better.  :think:

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #41 on: November 26, 2014, 10:08:45 AM

;)

I know right?

The bit drivers on the Swisstool line are so much better.  :think:

Before there's a misunderstanding here, I just wanted to point out that we shouldn't pay to much attention to the opinion of a man who doesn't even know how to get the bits out of his tool  ;).

And yes, the bit driver on the Swisstool/Spirit is much better  >:D.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #42 on: November 26, 2014, 10:30:14 AM
I'm a big fan of Victorinox. I also have to say that Victorinox might be the best Quality tools (although i'm not qualified to really judge this).

However, Leatherman has some really nice designs and tools-choices (OHO, bit-holder, blade-exchanger), that's why my favorite is a tie between the Spirit (compact) and the Charge (OHO). So, don't sweat someones personal opinion.
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #43 on: November 26, 2014, 10:43:22 AM
I'm a big fan of Victorinox. I also have to say that Victorinox might be the best Quality tools (although i'm not qualified to really judge this).

However, Leatherman has some really nice designs and tools-choices (OHO, bit-holder, blade-exchanger), that's why my favorite is a tie between the Spirit (compact) and the Charge (OHO). So, don't sweat someones personal opinion.

I agree with what you're saying here  :tu:.

By the way, could you imagine there being one perfect tool ?  So much for collecting multitools then ...   ::)

No, we want to have the agony of choice in the morning, what should I take, do I take my ST300 because of its awesome wire-cutters, or do I take my Spirit because it's smaller and it has that sweet chisel, and what if I need a OHO knife today ...  :ahhh

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #44 on: November 26, 2014, 11:33:36 AM

By the way, could you imagine there being one perfect tool ?  So much for collecting multitools then ...   ::)

No, we want to have the agony of choice in the morning, what should I take, do I take my ST300 because of its awesome wire-cutters, or do I take my Spirit because it's smaller and it has that sweet chisel, and what if I need a OHO knife today ...  :ahhh
As a non-collector this IS my holy grail... I think it exists, but only for yesterday :D

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #45 on: November 26, 2014, 02:59:53 PM

Before there's a misunderstanding here, I just wanted to point out that we shouldn't pay to much attention to the opinion of a man who doesn't even know how to get the bits out of his tool  ;).

He makes a good point.  :surrender:

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #46 on: November 26, 2014, 03:36:10 PM

That's why one should create a rotational schedule :pok: ;) :whistle:
K-Tibbs

us Online SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #47 on: November 26, 2014, 04:05:48 PM

I have a Swisstool and while it may be very well made it is it is really hard  for me to open the tools with my short finger nails. I have the same problem with Swiss army knifes.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #48 on: November 26, 2014, 04:21:10 PM

I have a Swisstool and while it may be very well made it is it is really hard  for me to open the tools with my short finger nails. I have the same problem with Swiss army knifes.
SwissTool vs. Spirit: Spirit every time.

I understand your problem (although I don't share it), its why I love the Charge with his OHO tools.

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #49 on: November 26, 2014, 05:42:37 PM
blade_lover, I might be a little late, but welcome to MT.O.

Spirit X is no doubt one of my all time favorite for MTs, and not to mention the "buttery" opening for each individual tool.  If it only has a OHO blade, it will be the be-all-n-end-all mid size MT for me.  :pok:

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #50 on: November 26, 2014, 06:29:10 PM

A normal person wouldn't go that far, but who knows what the other might do ...

And no, you're not getting my Spirit RT ...  :twak:
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 06:30:49 PM by Top-Gear-24 »

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #51 on: November 26, 2014, 09:08:58 PM

:whistle:
 :duel:
K-Tibbs

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #52 on: November 26, 2014, 09:10:16 PM

:whistle:
 :duel:
Spirit RT is pretty :drool:

us Offline nate j

• No Life Club
Reply #53 on: November 26, 2014, 10:48:48 PM

That's why, when trimming my fingernails, I always leave a little extra on both thumbnails.   :cheers:

us Offline JAfromMn

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Reply #54 on: November 27, 2014, 01:04:02 AM
We got spirit yes we do we got spirit.  I got two  :facepalm:

So lame  :facepalm:  :facepalm:

I couldn't help it.

I do have 2  :tu:

Defend the Hive!!!

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #55 on: November 27, 2014, 03:58:36 AM

Others checking in.

So far with my limited collection I went with the have more pockets method of solving this problem. My Army pants alone have 8 pockets.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%