Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Great service from SOG Warranty.

us Offline neillcurrie

• Wanted: SpydeWrench
Great service from SOG Warranty.
on: November 12, 2014, 02:50:22 PM
I "inherited" an older version Paratool in a trade, it seemed to be almost unused. As usual I like to clean, polish and sharpen new acquisitions, and during the polishing phase I noticed two cracks in the handles which ran from the handle/plier pivot holes to the edge of the tool. At first I thought they might be artifacts imprinted into the stainless during the stamping/pressing process rather than actual cracks, but the tip of a knife blade confirmed they were actually cracked. Strangely, flexing the handles didn't noticeably widen the cracks at all.
So, I sent the tool back, and around two weeks later got a brand new Paratool via UPS. The new Paratools are finished better IMO, a higher polish, even the small bolt heads are better finished and polished too, so I am a very happy camper.
Please check your Paratools carefully though. The potential failure on mine would most likely have happened when the handles were under most pressure, causing a nasty scenario.
Hats off to SOG for their speedy, no questions asked, resolution.

us Offline Lynn LeFey

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Any tool is better than nothing. Some not by much
Re: Great service from SOG Warranty.
Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 04:47:56 PM
Great to hear. It's always wonderful to hear a company backing their products, and doing so in a timely manner.

These are the companies I feel good about giving my money in future purchases.

au Offline TheDude

• "What is the riddle of steel?"
Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 02:55:26 PM
:salute: to SOG
Eventually even McGyver got himself a Leatherman

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, 05:17:25 PM
It's always great to hear when a company takes care of its customers.  I understand there are many who abuse the policies of some of our favorite brands which happens but when a tool or product fails it fails.

I worked at a machine shop 2 decades ago and some of the guy would have me exchange their Craftsman tools at Sears when the broke them.  I was always amazed how simple of a process it was then.  I'd go in and hand the broken tool to an employee and he'd hand me a brand new tool.  On the occasion there wasn't a tool in stock I'd be given the option of a comparable tool.

:tu: to SOG   
Esse Quam Videri

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24