Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Swiss Army Knights Banner

us Offline Gadsden

Re: Swiss Army Knights Banner
Reply #240 on: April 01, 2015, 01:41:37 AM
Knife!
image.jpg
* image.jpg (Filesize: 305.74 KB)

us Offline 3F

Reply #241 on: April 05, 2015, 03:12:20 PM
Finally, a club I can afford to join.....

I, 3F, being of relatively sound mind and body, hereby entreat the powers that be to consider me for membership in good standing in the Swiss Army Knights and promise to place no knife before my trusty Swiss Army till rust do us part.

edc4515.jpg
* edc4515.jpg (Filesize: 308.68 KB)

00 Offline kosmo

• No Life Club
  • "All I need now i'th a can opener!"
Reply #242 on: April 05, 2015, 03:17:09 PM
So, by taking the Swiss Army Knights Oath, I can trade my Leatherman for SAKs but I can't trade my SAKs for Leathermans?
WTT Book: Victorinox - A Knife and Its History, see link:
http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,57788.0.html
Will trade items for new/used Cadet Alox knives for mod projects.
Updated list: https://freeshell.de/~kosmo/sak/
:B: www.radiotell.ch

us Offline Rich S

• OLD GEEZER CLUB
Reply #243 on: April 06, 2015, 06:46:27 PM
I, Rich S , being of relatively sound mind (doubtful) and body (definitely not), hereby entreat the powers that be to consider me for membership in good standing in the Swiss Army Knights and promise to place no knife before my trusty Swiss Army till rust do us part. (Except newer SAKs don't rust). Can't post pic as no digicam :-(  I carry/have carried a Tinker or Deluxe Tinker for years and years and years.

Rich
------------------
SAK Knives Matter
------------------

Offline psul71

Reply #244 on: April 08, 2015, 11:16:44 PM
I, psul71, being of relatively sound mind and body, hereby entreat the powers that be to consider me for membership in good standing in the Swiss Army Knights and promise to place no knife before my trusty Swiss Army till rust do us part.

It's been forever since I posted anything, but wanted to make sure that this photo of my SOSAK knife made it here where it belongs. Grant should recognize it as a knife I won in a giveaway many years ago :cheers:
image.jpg
* image.jpg (Filesize: 189.96 KB)

us Offline getahl

Reply #245 on: April 10, 2015, 05:50:32 AM
I, getahl, being of relatively sound mind and body, hereby entreat the powers that be to consider me for membership in good standing in the Swiss Army Knights and promise to place no knife before my trusty Swiss Army till rust do us part.

Here's my old warhorse, my banged up, scratched to smurf, well used Classic. The scissor spring was replaced about 3 years ago; the scales are held on with Goop; the blade is about 20% sharpened away; it serves as my light cutting, scraping, screw turning, nose hair trimming companion. Eight years and going strong, I am seldom without this knife.

us Offline ace19636

Reply #246 on: April 13, 2015, 05:06:37 AM
I, Ace, being of relatively sound mind and body, hereby entreat the powers that be to consider me for membership in good standing in the Swiss Army Knights and promise to place no knife before my trusty Swiss Army till rust do us part.

Here is my ever faithful Super Tinker that has been in my pocket for almost 10 years now  :cheers:

us Offline strmliner

• No Life Club
Reply #247 on: April 19, 2015, 06:05:42 PM
I, strmliner, being of relatively sound mind and body, hereby entreat the powers that be to consider me for membership in good standing in the Swiss Army Knights and promise to place no knife before my trusty Swiss Army till rust do us part.
056.JPG
* 056.JPG (Filesize: 73.82 KB)
056.JPG
* 056.JPG (Filesize: 73.82 KB)
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they go."    -Will Rogers

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #248 on: April 19, 2015, 06:52:35 PM
strmliner, welcome to the forum and the Swiss Army Knights club. :waving:

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #249 on: April 19, 2015, 11:26:40 PM
Greetings strmliner.  :cheers:  Great first post.  :tu:

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #250 on: April 20, 2015, 09:41:21 AM
Welcome to MTo :salute:
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

us Offline Sharkey

Reply #251 on: April 28, 2015, 03:17:43 AM
I, Sharkey, being of relatively sound mind and body, hereby entreat the powers that be to consider me for membership in good standing in the Swiss Army Knights and promise to place no knife before my trusty Swiss Army till rust do us part.
DSCN0134_copy.jpg
* DSCN0134_copy.jpg (Filesize: 224.24 KB)
DSCN0135_copy.jpg
* DSCN0135_copy.jpg (Filesize: 231.65 KB)

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #252 on: April 28, 2015, 03:23:40 AM
Welcome to the forum Sharkey.  :cheers:

de Offline redbeard

• New User
Reply #253 on: April 29, 2015, 05:34:28 PM
I, Redbeard, being of relatively sound mind and body, hereby entreat the powers that be to consider me for membership in good standing in the Swiss Army Knights and promise to place no knife before my trusty Swiss Army till rust do us part.

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #254 on: April 29, 2015, 06:14:52 PM
Welcome to the forum, Redbeard.

But to give you your Swiss Army Knights Banner, you'll have to post a picture of your swiss army knife too. ;)

Leider fehlt das Bild Deines Taschenmessers. :pok:

us Offline parman53

• I Can Fix Anything
Reply #255 on: May 03, 2015, 03:17:31 AM
I, OTC, being of relatively sound mind and body, hereby entreat the powers that be to consider me for membership in good standing in the Swiss Army Knights and promise to place no knife before my trusty Swiss Army till rust do us part.

My trusty SAK Explorer, bought new sometime in the 1980's

us Offline austinmark

• New User
Reply #256 on: May 14, 2015, 09:48:55 PM
I, austinmark, being of relatively sound mind and body, hereby entreat the powers that be to consider me for membership in good standing in the Swiss Army Knights and promise to place no knife before my trusty Swiss Army till rust do us part.

I alternate among two SAKs (the one pictured and a "Star of David" model Small Tinker) and two Wengers. My favorite and most-often carried is my grandfather's old "Original Traveller." (Thanks, SAKWiki for helping me identify it.) It languished in his drawer for more than 15 years at the end of his life, but my grandmother passed it on to me. I cleaned it up, replaced the tweezers and toothpick, added the tiny screwdriver, and put on a new keyring and lanyard. I like the complement of tools very much: everything I need and almost nothing I don't.

image1.JPG
* image1.JPG (Filesize: 116.77 KB)

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #257 on: May 14, 2015, 10:44:01 PM
I, austinmark, being of relatively sound mind and body, hereby entreat the powers that be to consider me for membership in good standing in the Swiss Army Knights and promise to place no knife before my trusty Swiss Army till rust do us part.

I alternate among two SAKs (the one pictured and a "Star of David" model Small Tinker) and two Wengers. My favorite and most-often carried is my grandfather's old "Original Traveller." (Thanks, SAKWiki for helping me identify it.) It languished in his drawer for more than 15 years at the end of his life, but my grandmother passed it on to me. I cleaned it up, replaced the tweezers and toothpick, added the tiny screwdriver, and put on a new keyring and lanyard. I like the complement of tools very much: everything I need and almost nothing I don't.

Welcome to the forum :salute:

Great post! Good to hear how you brought your Granda's SAK back to everyday use :salute:
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #258 on: May 15, 2015, 08:32:42 AM
Excellent post indeed!
I would call it a Climber by the way (pre-hook), because it has a key ring which the original Traveller did not :cheers:
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

au Offline Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Reply #259 on: May 15, 2015, 09:25:46 AM
Welcome to the forum and the Swiss Army Knights austinmark

Very nice story - I love it when SAKs have a bit of history especially if you/family have been part of it!!

Hey Reiner re ^^ - I think the Traveller to which he refers as one of his favourite EDCs is one of his Wengers mentioned in the post - Not the Climber in the piccie!

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #260 on: May 15, 2015, 07:39:33 PM
I, Pablo O'Brien, being of relatively sound mind and body, hereby entreat the powers that be to consider me for membership in good standing in the Swiss Army Knights and promise to place no knife before my trusty Swiss Army till rust do us part.

(My (hopefully) trusty new Hiker. I got it today in the post( :mail:), and I think I'm in love.  :))

Thanks all. :)
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #261 on: May 15, 2015, 08:27:40 PM
I, Pablo O'Brien, being of relatively sound mind and body, hereby entreat the powers that be to consider me for membership in good standing in the Swiss Army Knights and promise to place no knife before my trusty Swiss Army till rust do us part.

(Image removed from quote.)
(My (hopefully) trusty new Hiker. I got it today in the post( :mail:), and I think I'm in love.  :))

Thanks all. :)

Oh,it's trusty! Very few stories of SAK fails here arn't user driven!
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

us Offline Simian

Reply #262 on: May 25, 2015, 04:13:57 AM

I, Simian, being of relatively sound mind and body, hereby entreat the powers that be to consider me for membership in good standing in the Swiss Army Knights and promise to place no knife before my trusty Swiss Army till rust do us part.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 04:22:38 AM by zoidberg »

us Offline GoatDragon

• SAK 4 life
Reply #263 on: May 29, 2015, 03:43:23 PM
I just signed up here, but I signed up to talk about Swiss Army Knives!  :climber:

I, GoatDragon, being of relatively sound mind and body, hereby entreat the powers that be to consider me for membership in good standing in the Swiss Army Knights and promise to place no knife before my trusty Swiss Army till rust do us part.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #264 on: May 29, 2015, 11:20:30 PM
I just signed up here, but I signed up to talk about Swiss Army Knives!  :climber:

Welcome to the forum GoatDragon.  :cheers:  To get the banner you'll need to post a pic of your SAK.  :tu:

us Offline GoatDragon

• SAK 4 life
Reply #265 on: May 30, 2015, 03:26:33 AM
You want a picture of my what?! Aren't you going to at least buy me dinner first!

Oh, right that kind of sak.  :whistle:

All I have at the moment is this beautiful little Sapphire Classic. Gots me a Rambler and a Farmer on the way, and I'll post a family picture when they arrive!

au Offline Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Reply #266 on: May 30, 2015, 04:20:52 AM
I, Simian, being of relatively sound mind and body, hereby entreat the powers that be to consider me for membership in good standing in the Swiss Army Knights and promise to place no knife before my trusty Swiss Army till rust do us part.

Not sure we can initiate Simian :think:
- His picture blatantly shows a member of the 'opposition ' ;)  :D  :o

es Offline borjor

Reply #267 on: June 03, 2015, 03:13:08 PM
I, borjor, being of relatively sound mind and body, hereby entreat the powers that be to consider me for membership in good standing in the Swiss Army Knights and promise to place no knife before my trusty Swiss Army till rust do us part.

This is my current EDC. It always have been a Victorinox, one model or another.

us Offline wjruth

Reply #268 on: June 03, 2015, 03:30:57 PM
I, wjruth, being of relatively sound mind and body, hereby entreat the powers that be to consider me for membership in good standing in the Swiss Army Knights and promise to place no knife before my trusty Swiss Army till rust do us part.

Always on the lookout for Blue Alox

us Offline KnifeTex

Reply #269 on: June 14, 2015, 03:04:31 AM
I, KnifeTex, being of relatively sound mind and body, hereby entreat the powers that be to consider me for membership in good standing in the Swiss Army Knights and promise to place no knife before my trusty Swiss Army till rust do us part.

Thanks for the consideration. I've made dozens of SAK videos, and am fascinated with learning as much as I can about them- partial to Vics, but I appreciate Wengers too.

Here lately, I can't seem to shake the Alox MiniChamp for EDC. Awesome!

Cheers, y'all!
image.jpg
* image.jpg (Filesize: 165.08 KB)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79