Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

December 2014 Donation Draw- A little Solar Yellow to brighten your day!

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
If the title didn't pretty much spill it all, then you need to read a few more threads here.  Only one company was brave enough to put out a tool in a color like Solar Yellow- LONESTAR!  Uh I mean Leatherman, and even they only did it once, and for some inexplicable reason, they stopped doing it shortly afterwards.

Yup, you got it right, the Leatherman Juice Kf4 in Solar Yellow- a big name for a small tool, but despite the horrid pics, it's a small tool that has everything you need- a knife, a serrated knife, a diamond file and internal screwdrivers designed to ruin your manicure!

This little beauty is thought by some (like Nate for example!) to be the best Juice model out there, and possibly even the best Leatherman.  I don't know if I'd go that far, but it is one of my favorite models, and not just because I also have a Jeep in Solar Yellow.... which actually doesn't match the Solar Yellow of the Kf4 all that well, so I guess Portland, Oregon doesn't get the same type of sunlight that they get in Toledo, Ohio.  Maybe since Portland is further west and Toledo gets it first the sun is dirtier by the time it.... oh never mind.

As the above horrid photo barely shows, this particular Kf4 is actually pretty special.  It is a survivor of the Great Leatherman Vs California "who's yo daddeh" brouhaha, which means it was originally manufactured with the Leatherman USA plier head, but as it did not meet California USA made standards Leatherman ground off the USA part rather than toss a huge pile of perfectly good plier heads in the trash.

BUT THAT'S NOT ALL!  If you act right now (or really, any time this month, I just got carried away with the sales pitch) I'll also include this awesome Skinth sheath!  Seriously, I'm not joking!

So, what do you have to do to win this?  Well, that's simple, and these rules should have been drilled into you by now, I do it about every thirty days or so!   :pok:

Donate $10US (or equivalent) to the Forum Operational Fund using the big orange Make A Donation button on the right, the Donations link at the top or by following this link here:

http://forum.multitool.org/index.php?action=treasury

If we hit our monthly goal of $275 we'll give this away to some lucky member- since we are at 32% as I type this I doubt there will be too many problems making the goal.  If for some reason we don't, I will put this back in the prize pool and we'll try it again sometime, maybe for something else, I dunno, what is this, the Spanish Inquisition?

Assuming we hit the goal by midnight on December 31st (Forum Offset Time of course) I will find some way of picking a winner from everyone who donated $10 or more, assuming they were all nice enough to leave their names- if you choose to donate anonymously you can't be entered into the draw since I won't know who you are.  Funny how that works, isn't it?

If we hit the goal by midnight on December 15th (Forum Offset Time again, but you should be used to that by now), then I'll toss in an Early Bird Prize, but don't get too excited as it's usually something small and kind of strange.  If somehow we double the goal I'll add another real prize- I have a few cool things saved up.

If the winner doesn't contact me by January 31st, 2015 with their address then the prize will go back into the pool for some other giveaway.

Also, every $10 you donate gets you another chance to win.  So, $10 gets you one entry, $20 gets you two entries, $150 gets you fifteen entries and so on.  That's how math works you see.

In case you are wondering what the Forum Budget goes to, it pays the server bill to keep this place running, buys tools to give away and funds new and exciting projects that we bring you from time to time like the Challenge Coins and so on, plus we have other things in the works too.  It doesn't all go to my local streetwalkers and liquor stores you know....

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline n4vgm

Always wanted one of those so count me in!

Plus we are one post closer to 1,000,000!

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reading this just brightened my day. :whistle:

Hmmmm, I heard a good portion went to buying watermelons so Megan would stop shooting people. :think:

Sent from my Galaxy Mega.

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Good thing I'd a,ready donated then....KF4  :drool:
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

us Offline eddie1115

• No Life Club
Just yesterday I'd started the hunt for broken down Juices to build my own KF4.  This would be so much better :)

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Mmmmm.....KF4
Nate

SEND IT!

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Kf4 is better for folks with a low iron count.

Def

Sent from a digital multitool

Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline stealth007s

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • I don't LIKE anything!i!¡!¡!¡!
Nice draw prize this month  :tu:
Dear Leatherman......................

Terry

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
$86.66 short and less than 5 days to go. :ahhh

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Yup. Looks like we may not make it this month.

Def

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Does the "10USD per ticket" thing still apply?

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Only if we meet the goal.  If we don't hit $275 in the month we don't give it away.

Def

us Offline mrynnr

• SAK Addict
  • No Life Club
I think it could still happen.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
It's certainly possible. With such a cool tool this month I assume we aren't reaching the goal because everyone is distracted and/or broke from buying presents.

Not a big deal, we have something else that's cool next month too.  :D

Def

Sent from my smurfing hunk of techno sorcery

nl Offline bmot

• No Life Club
  • Don't judge a tool by it's brand
Soooooo... Did we make it? :D
A knife-carrying guide for the international traveller. : http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,47532.0.html

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Nope. This one isn't going anywhere yet.

Def

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
So, whats for January donation draw :pok: tell me :pok: come on... :pok: I need to know :pok: :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
So, whats for January donation draw :pok: tell me :pok: come on... :pok: I need to know :pok: :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh

:pok: A Solar Yellow KF4 >:D
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club

Nope but the color of it will be similar, different finish and maker though. :P

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice

Nope but the color of it will be similar, different finish and maker though. :P

:ahhh :ahhh :ahhh
Another Syph bumblebee?!?

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
A yellow submarine?  :think:

us Offline detron

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tool Carrying Linux User
a banana?  :rofl:
If I can help, let me know 

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
A yellow MP600?   :drool:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
I have one of those.  It isn't going anywhere!   :-P

Def

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
:(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gb Offline Cupboard

• No Life Club
Grant's old Jeep?

nl Offline bmot

• No Life Club
  • Don't judge a tool by it's brand
Yellow Evogrip maybe? :D
A knife-carrying guide for the international traveller. : http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,47532.0.html

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%