Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Vista

Offline rrt1964

• New User
Vista
on: December 19, 2014, 05:04:54 PM
I'm looking for a good used Vista to buy for my son.  Does anyone have one they would be willing to sell to me?

us Offline Lynn LeFey

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Any tool is better than nothing. Some not by much
Re: Vista
Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 10:31:07 PM
You might have better luck putting this in the Trade Forums, Tools Needed.

Good luck, and welcome to the boards.  :salute:

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 05:58:32 PM
I'm looking for a good used Vista to buy for my son.  Does anyone have one they would be willing to sell to me?

If you're not dead set on the Vista and its price tag,this tool is a viable alternative and at a fraction of the price of the Vista.

And before you ask,yes I have two and they work really well.

http://www.realavid.com/multi-cutter-box.html

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2060778.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xreal+avid+multi+cutter&_nkw=real+avid+multi+cutter&_sacat=0
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."    **Benjamin Franklin**

Offline kalans

Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 12:28:11 AM
You could print up some shear heads like metro did and put them on a wave? :)

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #4 on: December 21, 2014, 06:35:15 AM
I might be tempted to swap my Vista for a Hybrid or Genus...  :whistle:
But they're probably more rare.

au Offline gregozedobe

• Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #5 on: December 21, 2014, 08:51:38 AM
All the Leatherman pruners are rare (and therefore sell for high prices, even s'hand).  If it is intended for significant use only the Genus is high quality ( It used Felco parts for the shears).  It would be cheaper to buy some dedicated pruners and a supplementary MT/SAK.
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: December 21, 2014, 03:24:10 PM
Or buy this multi tool and save yourself some money,time and potential headaches.LOL.
multi-cutter-1.jpg
* multi-cutter-1.jpg (Filesize: 24.5 KB)
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."    **Benjamin Franklin**

ie Offline eamo

• No Life Club
  • I have a small selection of disparate tools
Reply #7 on: December 21, 2014, 06:05:06 PM
All the Leatherman pruners are rare (and therefore sell for high prices, even s'hand).  If it is intended for significant use only the Genus is high quality ( It used Felco parts for the shears).  It would be cheaper to buy some dedicated pruners and a supplementary MT/SAK.

is it considered rude to ask how rare / how high a price a s/h hybrid would go for, ballpark ?
also, if going off topic from original question is bad form, mods please delete.
It is never too late to be what you might have been - George Eliot

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: December 21, 2014, 07:54:38 PM
I don't believe a question of that nature is considered rude.

I'll take a guess based upon ebay sales.

$150.00 to $250.00

ie Offline eamo

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: December 21, 2014, 09:30:52 PM
cool, thanks for that - my partner has one but she won't part with it :) don't remember what i paid for it for her, can't even remember when i got it.

au Offline gregozedobe

• Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #10 on: December 21, 2014, 10:22:32 PM

is it considered rude to ask how rare / how high a price a s/h hybrid would go for, ballpark ?
also, if going off topic from original question is bad form, mods please delete.

No problem with asking.  If I want to see what price a particular MT has been selling for I go to eBay and do an advanced search for sold listings (to see what they actually sold for, rather than what were unsold due to sellers asking too high a price).

Recent sales on eBay for Leatherman Hybrid pruners have ranged from $35.00 (that is very cheap) for a used one to $250 ( a bit expensive IMO) for a new one.
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

ie Offline eamo

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: December 21, 2014, 10:26:18 PM

[/quote]

No problem with asking.  If I want to see what price a particular MT has been selling for I go to eBay and do an advanced search for sold listings (to see what they actually sold for, rather than what were unsold due to sellers asking too high a price).
[/quote]

never thought of that, just done a search on current listings . . . it's moot cos when i mentioned it was worth something she said no :) she likes gardening, and while it hasn't seen a lot of use she has plans for it.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD