Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Fishbone GoPro Wrench Tool

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Fishbone GoPro Wrench Tool
on: December 27, 2014, 01:33:24 AM
As we discovered in the recent Fishbone- what is it? giveaway thread, the Fishbone is a multitool designed for use with the GoPro sport/action camera system.  What's a GoPro?  Watch the Discovery channel or really any outdoor activity show and you'll probably see a small grey camera locked in an almost indestructible housing.  That's a GoPro.

What's a Fishbone?  Simple- it's a wrench made by a company that has no affiliation with GoPro, specifically for use on the thumbscrews on GoPro mounts.  As you can see from the following picture, it seems to work quite well, although to be honest, I haven't really gone out to do anything with the GoPro since getting the Fishbone last week.

The Fishbone also functions as a bottle opener, which as we've seen before, is a mandatory function, as pretty well every multitool on the market has one.  As soon as I finish writing this post I'll take my dogs for a walk, and when I get back from that I promise I'll test it out properly and report back.

Getting back to the Fishbone, it's a neat tool but about twice as wide as it needs to be.  This is it compared to the Superior Titanium Shark (left), the TT PockeTools Chopper (right) and Raker Ring Tool (foreground).  I feel that the Shark and Chopper are both fairly wide for a One Piece Multitool and the Fishbone is almost double the width.

It's amazing how thick this thing is, but, since it's made from aluminum it still weighs next to nothing.  Still, it's pretty bulky, although given how much extra crap one has to carry around to use a GoPro, it's size will probably end up seeming negligible.  Still, I don't think I'd want this on my keys as it does take up an awful lot of real estate.

With any luck I'll be able to try it against the actual GoPro Tool, from GoPro and see how the Fishbone stacks up.  I already have a few aftermarket Gopro wrenches that look like the one in the following pic, and honestly, I think I'd stick with them over dragging the Fishbone around.

The Fishbone was $4 worth of curiosity for me and I'm glad I got it.  For anyone looking for a GoPro wrench though, I'd suggest you keep looking- perhaps at the flat one pictured above, as I really like those, despite their inability to open a bottle.

But then, what self respecting MTO member doesn't have at least one other bottle opener on them?

Def 
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Re: Fishbone GoPro Wrench Tool
Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 01:39:58 AM
Thank you for a great writeup.

For anyone on a mobile this video really shows gopro off. Plus it's cool to see a fully grown lion jump on a man and hug him.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2 on: December 27, 2014, 01:45:36 AM
What wrenches do you have and prefer, if any?

Def

Sent from my smurfing hunk of techno sorcery

Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: December 27, 2014, 02:50:28 AM
I have two anodized aluminum ones like that.  I also had one like this:

I didn't care for it though.

Def

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #5 on: December 27, 2014, 03:49:39 AM
I am very happy to report that the bottle opener is probably one of the best bottle openers I've ever used on a multitool.   :drink:

Def

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%