Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Molle Packs?

us Offline English333

Molle Packs?
on: December 27, 2014, 07:45:39 AM
I'm looking for a bombproof Molle backpack holding around 30L. I bought one a while back from a gun show and the seems started ripping within weeks. I'm looking for something solid like a Maxpedition or Goruck but can't afford to spend $300 on a smurfing pack. So I was wondering where you guys purchase your packs? Or any good recommendations. Cheers.

no Offline Grathr

• Absolutely No Life Club
Molle Packs?
Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 07:55:41 AM
Surplus stores usually have molle packs around here. But the cheap ones are usually cheap quality too.

Sent from a device made from star dust using tapatalk
-Knívleysur maður er lívleysur maður.
 "A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" old Faroese proverb.

us Offline Pacu

Re: Molle Packs?
Reply #2 on: December 27, 2014, 08:00:26 AM
5.11 tactical bags at Academy. Great bags ...i have a moab 10 and rush 72.  Very well made stuff.
:like:    :MTO:

us Offline English333

Reply #3 on: December 27, 2014, 08:51:51 AM
5.11 tactical bags at Academy. Great bags ...i have a moab 10 and rush 72.  Very well made stuff.

Holy smurfing smurfettes, batman. That's 72 is calling my name. Anywhere for hydration bladder/laptop?

us Offline Pacu

Reply #4 on: December 28, 2014, 08:32:22 AM
yep. it has a place in the back for a hydration bag like camelbacks.  I put my work laptop in a sleeve and carry it everyday to work. I use the padded sleeve as my i7 is company provided...( i break - i buy) :whistle:
:like:    :MTO:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #5 on: December 29, 2014, 03:35:07 AM
Well some might yell at me but, I've bought airsoft bags, some say they suck, some will say they rock, but to me they are just fine.. They have all the molle tidbits and are pretty much identical to a maxpedition but the price is dirt cheap, Grant it the fabric and workmanship might not be all there, but I haven't had any problems..
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline JBW1

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: December 29, 2014, 06:21:35 AM
I like the way you think, works and is cheap.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #7 on: December 29, 2014, 06:05:30 PM
I like the way you think, works and is cheap.
:D hey if it works and it's exactly what you want then maybe you save a little then buy the exspencive one :think: but if no need then forget it and just keep the one you have :tu: of course you can always modify the cheap one by putting a patch over where the exspencive one puts their label and just say that it is the exspencive one, and the world will never know ;)
JR
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 06:07:11 PM by MadPlumbarian »
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%