Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

1000 lumen Led Lenser F1R (rechargable)

es Offline microbe

• No Life Club
  • Yersinia Pestis & Campylobacter Jejuni!
1000 lumen Led Lenser F1R (rechargable)
on: December 31, 2014, 07:05:25 PM
The latest light in my pockets is the 18650 rechargeable Led Lenser F1R, rated at 1000 lumen.

I taken it apart in the picture below to show all the bits: Stainless bezel (a black glass breaking/tactical one is also in the box) with the lens in it, non focus-able head with the LED and gold plated contacts, body tube with Led Lenser branded 18650 cell next to it (a proprietary USB charging cradle is supplied as well), clip (reversible), and anti roll tail with gold plated contacts and rubber clicky switch.

This is one of the first Led Lenser lights where you can reverse the default high-medium-low modes, to have it start in low. I really like that, and set it to start in low. There is no strobe mode in this light, which I rarely used anyway, so no major loss there.
Some info for each of the 3 light modes below.
Output:
High 1000 lumen / Medium 250 lumen / Low 10 lumen
Battery life:
High 3h / Medium 6h / Low 60h
Beam distance:
High 160m / Medium 80m / Low 20m
The beam is set for spot, but with enough spill to have good flooding aswell. The light is clear white, what I like in Led Lenser.
Some technical data: Total weight including battery is 120gr, it's 115mm long, and IPX waterproof upto 2.5 meter.

So far I am pleased with the F1R for EDC. It clips comfortable in my front pocket next to my knife. As it's set to start in low, I'll get a great runtime out of it, and if I need more light 1000 lumen is only 2 clicks away. The rechargeable feature also is a money saver which I liked a lot in the M3R I picked up last summer. Yes, the light is a bit pricey, but you get a bomb proof constructed product with great attention for detail for it, and even if something would break (I own various Led Lenser flashlights - it never happened so far), it comes with a five year warranty.
Here it is next to the F1 for size comparison

As to the claimed waterproofness, it accidentally fell in my coffee, and no damage was done.

:salute:
Once you go black you never go back
@blackdiamonds_42

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Re: 1000 lumen Led Lenser F1R (rechargable)
Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 09:24:10 PM
Wow, nice addition there. I think I noticed it in your EDC thread but thought it was just the F1 with a green O-ring. :D

Looks like an awesome light. Not sure about the specs on the high though. 3 hours at 1k lumens seems not so likely. Or is it a burst mode that drops down to something more reasonable after a while? How hot does it get on max?

us Offline Breezy12

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 10:21:23 PM
I played around with one of these at the LM store the other day... and holy smurf, 1000 lumens is BRIGHT. :o

I liked the fact that it had a respectable low (10 lm, I think), as opposed to the F1, which has a "low" of 60 lm (which is my primary complaint about the F1).

es Offline microbe

• No Life Club
  • Yersinia Pestis & Campylobacter Jejuni!
Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 12:04:27 PM
I should do a rundown test on high to check the runtime. The battery is rechargeable anyway. It does run warm, not really hot. What would be needed to make this light perfect for me is a charge indicator / locator LED in the tail, and zoom feature. It that 1000 lumen could be focused as in the M3R, OMFG!
Once you go black you never go back
@blackdiamonds_42

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4 on: January 01, 2015, 01:27:25 PM
As to the claimed waterproofness, it accidentally fell in my coffee, and no damage was done.
(Image removed from quote.)
 :salute:
You can probably heat the coffee like this :rofl:

Excellent, review thanks mate.
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #5 on: January 01, 2015, 02:04:48 PM
OK, I've got to admit this looks like a pretty good light.  I liked the F1 well enough, but as said earlier the "low" of 60 lumen didn't really work for a lot of people.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%