Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Energizer Hard Case Headlight

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Energizer Hard Case Headlight
on: January 02, 2015, 12:29:40 AM
So with a gift card I got for Christmas, I bought myself an Energizer Hard Case Headlight.  It's not a crazy, OMG headlight, but for what I plan on using it for (working on the Jeep mostly), it will work out just fine I think.

• Energizer Hardcase Pro 4LED Headlight features 4 light modes: white (high/low), red for night, and green for contrast
  • Features hands-free lighting with independent controls, light pivots up to 90° and flip-up lens diffuses, spot to area light
  • Rear-mount battery pack distributes weight evenly
  • Non-slip, removable top strap
  • Brightness: 160 lumens
  • Runtime: 60 hours
  • Beam distance: 115 meters

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Energizer Hard Case Headlight
Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 10:55:11 AM
These really do look like pretty good headlamps. :)
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

ca Offline 16VGTIDave

Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 05:16:48 PM
I've had the same headlamp for a couple months now. I bought it on a whim when I saw it on clearance for 1/2 price. I haven't used it a lot, but it has performed flawlessly for the couple hours I've worn it. I'm still using the supplied batteries. I've added a strip of neon yellow reflective tape to the "Energizer" name plate on the battery pack for increased visibility, and to reduce the advertising.

Wearing this lamp over a short billed baseball cap has allowed it to be adjusted downwards to illuminate close objects without causing glare in my glasses. I wish the low was slightly lower, or that the lamp had 3 levels, but at this price point, that is asking a bit much. The buttons are reasonably easy to operate while wearing gloves.

I don't have anything negative to say, the lamp has met or exceeded my expectations, especially when considering the price I paid.

Dave
I EDC'd a SAK before MacGyver did...

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #3 on: January 12, 2015, 03:14:22 PM
Well I can say that after working under the Jeep, I have no idea how I've ever worked under a vehicle without one of these before!  Wow, what a difference using this made!  I compared it to using a normal work light, which we know are usually a pain in the ass trying to get the light to shine just where we want it!  :rant:  I tell ya, I'll NEVER be going back to using one of those again.

Also, having the battery pack at the back of my head made for a nice headrest against the concrete floor. :tu:  There's just enough padding that it's not uncomfortable.

us Offline Nhoj

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: January 12, 2015, 03:56:17 PM
I have a few headlamps and have had only good experiences with the energizer ones. I've had one energizer headlamp that I've used very frequently for probably seven or more years and it still performs great so I think there are high hopes for yours!

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #5 on: January 12, 2015, 05:28:55 PM
I looked at this one today at Home Depot and I almost took it home until I noticed a Coast light for half the price with more lumens.  Sure it doesn't have adjustment levels, strobe or red and green LED's bit I don't see myself using any of those anyway.  Plus I lose headlamps all the time for some reason and I imagine this one will be no different.

Def

Sent from my smurfing hunk of techno sorcery

Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #6 on: January 12, 2015, 07:14:18 PM
My one concern was the battery pack acting as a head rest.

Working under a vehicle means your head is almost always on the ground. And the Energizer Industrial Headlamp (simple 2 output headlamp) has a strap adjuster right where my head meets the ground....

Also, every headlight I've ever owned I had to add some black electrical tape to the bottom of the lense. Just because the light is visible/annoying. I'm weird....and picky....

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #7 on: January 12, 2015, 07:21:14 PM
I looked at this one today at Home Depot and I almost took it home until I noticed a Coast light for half the price with more lumens.  Sure it doesn't have adjustment levels, strobe or red and green LED's bit I don't see myself using any of those anyway.  Plus I lose headlamps all the time for some reason and I imagine this one will be no different.

Def

Yeah, I wanted to get the Coast at first, but CT didn't have it on sale (and I didn't check HD, or I would have price matched it).  I wouldn't mind getting one of the Coast ones just to do a comparrison between them.

My one concern was the battery pack acting as a head rest.

Working under a vehicle means your head is almost always on the ground. And the Energizer Industrial Headlamp (simple 2 output headlamp) has a strap adjuster right where my head meets the ground....

Also, every headlight I've ever owned I had to add some black electrical tape to the bottom of the lense. Just because the light is visible/annoying. I'm weird....and picky....
With this one, the adjustments are made on top of your head, and on the middle of the sides.  I read where people had light "leaking" into their eyes, but even when wearing my glasses, and haven't experienced this myself.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #8 on: January 12, 2015, 09:38:29 PM
Follow me around for a bit and pick this one up wherever it is I lose it and it's all yours....

Def

Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%