Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Hubectus switchblade

us Offline kmanct3

• No Life Club
Hubectus switchblade
on: January 11, 2015, 04:09:05 PM
Anyone ever heard of Hubectus ? Made in west Germany

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Re: Hubectus switchblade
Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 06:17:44 PM
Anyone ever heard of Hubectus ? Made in west Germany

It's spelled Hubertus.

Yes I've heard of this company and I have one in my collection somewhere.Yours looks more interesting than mine.Let's see more pictures.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."    **Benjamin Franklin**

us Offline kmanct3

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 11:30:23 PM

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 11:58:01 PM
Man, that knife has character.If it could only talk! LOL.

I really like the grind of the blade.

It certainly could use a thorough cleaning and detailing.

Thanks for the pictures.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."    **Benjamin Franklin**

us Offline kmanct3

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: January 12, 2015, 02:27:15 AM
It does have character, I paid 1$ for it at a flea market, I would clean it but I like the used look. I think I've had it since 85. Could send a pic of yours ?

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: January 12, 2015, 09:31:02 PM
 I can't find the Hubertus.To be quite frank I don't keep track of my inexpensive knives as I do my more expensive acquisitions.I may have even traded it.I did,however,find a Mikov, which is a Czech lever-lock.It certainly doesn't possess the character of your $1.00 Hubertus but it is an example of the Mikov lever-lock knives.
DSCN1896-1.jpg
* DSCN1896-1.jpg (Filesize: 134.86 KB)
DSCN1898-1.jpg
* DSCN1898-1.jpg (Filesize: 172.48 KB)

us Offline neillcurrie

• Wanted: SpydeWrench
Reply #6 on: January 12, 2015, 09:45:46 PM
You got a great deal at $1.
Almost the same knives are still available now, new, usually North of $400.
If the torsion bar/spring should ever need replacement, the parts are still to be had on ebay, or directly from Hubertus.

us Offline kmanct3

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: January 13, 2015, 12:06:08 AM
That's great, it does need a new spring. Maybe I will get one and clean it up. :salute:

us Offline kmanct3

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: January 13, 2015, 12:06:44 AM
I can't find the Hubertus.To be quite frank I don't keep track of my inexpensive knives as I do my more expensive acquisitions.I may have even traded it.I did,however,find a Mikov, which is a Czech lever-lock.It certainly doesn't possess the character of your $1.00 Hubertus but it is an example of the Mikov lever-lock knives.
Nice knife by the way ! :tu:

Offline Ray S

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: January 13, 2015, 05:51:48 PM

I don't know if I would consider any Hubertus knife an,"inexpensive" knife. I own several Hubertus folders and a couple of fixed blade knives and I don't think they were inexpensive. I'd buy them all day long for a dollar;even with a broken spring.
BTW when you do get a new spring;if you find that the blade doesn't spring open fully when depressing the lever,apply some white lithium grease to the blade pivot rather than regular lubricating oil.Works much better and lasts longer.
Here are a few of mine.The multiblade is a bit unusual.
AutoKnife 005.jpg
* AutoKnife 005.jpg (Filesize: 52.34 KB)
AutoKnife 006.jpg
* AutoKnife 006.jpg (Filesize: 49.92 KB)
AutoKnife 007.jpg
* AutoKnife 007.jpg (Filesize: 48.68 KB)
AutoKnife 008.jpg
* AutoKnife 008.jpg (Filesize: 49.91 KB)

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #10 on: January 13, 2015, 11:06:05 PM

I don't know if I would consider any Hubertus knife an,"inexpensive" knife. I own several Hubertus folders and a couple of fixed blade knives and I don't think they were inexpensive. I'd buy them all day long for a dollar;even with a broken spring.

I agree, but considering toolguy collects Randall knives, the Hubertus ones are a bit more inexpensive than those. :D

The multiblade is a bit unusual.

Indeed. Is it the standard Scout Knife setup?

us Offline kmanct3

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: January 14, 2015, 03:51:51 AM

BTW when you do get a new spring;if you find that the blade doesn't spring open fully when depressing the lever,apply some white lithium grease to the blade pivot rather than regular lubricating oil.Works much better and lasts longer.
Here are a few of mine.The multiblade is a bit unusual.
I like those a lot !!

us Offline kmanct3

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: January 14, 2015, 01:22:04 PM
I just saw prices for new ones, HOLY SMURF !, I am going to clean mine up this weekend. Guess I did get a good deal !

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: January 15, 2015, 08:05:59 PM
Expense is a relative term.When I bought several Hubertus knives,in the 1990's, they were less than $100.00 if my memory serves me correctly.

Like most knife collectors you buy what you like,sometimes putting aside the price.I did that when I started collecting Microtech autos,some of which cost more than $1,000.00 a piece.I also sold a matching pair of Microtech Socoms,one a D/A and the other a manual, with hand ground blades by Walter Brend, for $3,600.00

As one member stated,the Randalls that I collect, are middle of the road as far as price is concerned.

Offline Ray S

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: January 16, 2015, 12:47:32 AM
Expense is a relative term.

Like most knife collectors you buy what you like,sometimes putting aside the price.

I understand that concept completely. I can recall ordering a custom miniature fighting knife from a maker about 25 years ago. The price was $400(a huge sum for me at the time)and the delivery time was about 8 months. The 8 months stretched into nearly a year and shortly before I was to pick it up the maker called and asked if I would be interested in selling mine to another of his customers who didn't want to wait. He was willing to pay $100 over what I had paid for it. I told him I would rather have the knife.

Last year I was fortunate to be able to purchase a Case V-42 dagger for a ridiculously low amount. It was unsharpened but was missing the leather handle. The pommel nut looked original but had no skull crusher point. A collector who authenticated the knife offered me a large sum for it but I refused as I would rather have the knife than the money. I guess I'll never learn (lol)

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
  • Lifelike and remarkably self similar
Reply #15 on: January 23, 2015, 03:33:53 AM
"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

Offline gurdakknives

Reply #16 on: February 09, 2015, 04:25:27 PM
nice knife

gb Offline Philby

Reply #17 on: March 14, 2015, 11:12:38 PM

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00