Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Boo-Boo Keychain Plant!

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Boo-Boo Keychain Plant!
on: January 13, 2015, 01:25:43 AM
I am not endorsing the product. This is review after first impressions and will try to keep it updated.

My girlfriend really likes plants and terrarium. And I was on Amazon one night scrolling the keyword keychain and this popped up. Apparently there is an entire dedicated company out there just for keychain plants!

Here is the one she got, it's a Tulip.

They note that it's suppose to be dry when it arrives and you have to water it, I haven't watered it yet.

It doesn't require sun or water every day, their website actually lists what they recommend.

And to water it you just set it in some water then don't shake it for 30 minutes......

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Re: Boo-Boo Keychain Plant!
Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 01:26:53 AM
Size references....

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 01:27:20 AM

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 01:57:41 AM
Kind of interesting.  :tu:
I'm the milk man!

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #4 on: January 13, 2015, 09:34:07 AM
I am surprised they are not using air-plants as these require very little water and can be glued securely on any surface.
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #5 on: January 13, 2015, 11:13:11 AM
I imagine it wouldn't do so well in extended cold areas like where I live. Anyone got a dead one they want to send me and save me the effort of killing it myself?  :P

Def

Sent from a digital multitool

Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #6 on: January 13, 2015, 11:17:26 AM
I imagine it wouldn't do so well in extended cold areas like where I live. Anyone got a dead one they want to send me and save me the effort of killing it myself?  :P

Def

:rofl:

When I was living alone I managed to kill every plant in 2 steps
- Step 1: Sun shone through the window and burned every plant but my cacti
- Step 2: Left the window open and it rained in, drowning my cacti
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #7 on: January 13, 2015, 11:53:46 AM

Def

There you are: Simple instructions that anybody can understand on how to protect your plants from the cold
http://www.sigmalive.com/news/environment/197047/ti-na-kanete-gia-na-prostatepsete-ta-fyta-sas-apo-to-kryo

I hope that even the slowest person can understand the article.

:whistle:
 :D

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #8 on: January 13, 2015, 12:01:23 PM

Def

There you are: Simple instructions that anybody can understand on how to protect your plants from the cold
http://www.sigmalive.com/news/environment/197047/ti-na-kanete-gia-na-prostatepsete-ta-fyta-sas-apo-to-kryo

I hope that even the slowest person can understand the article.

:whistle:
 :D
Google translate told me that you will send me glass of honey from the machairas monastery, thank you :salute:

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #9 on: January 13, 2015, 12:02:21 PM
with so many holidays here I assumed you spoke Greek   :D

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #10 on: January 13, 2015, 12:09:39 PM
with so many holidays here I assumed you spoke Greek   :D
Hmmm... I redid the translation making a detour over latin and this is what came out:

"I am your honey, you want to send me a knife* or else you will go into a monastery"... Is that better :think:

*For those who have not been to Cyprus: machairas is the name of a monatery but it also means knife

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #11 on: January 13, 2015, 12:15:45 PM
I get this: (nothing about honey or knives or wine  :D  )

The Yennaris arrived in earnest with low temperatures, frost, strong wind, snow. Winter threatens many ways your plants. Let us look, then, with what methods will protect it.

Care for the roots

On the surface of each pot, place dry grass, leaves or straw. In this way, you can keep the temperature above the roots, without preventing the irrigation water to pass to them. To protect the roots of plants, but also the very pots (especially if it is clay), you place them into larger pots and between the walls to place leaves, burlap, twigs or newspapers, operating thermal insulation.

In the flower beds of the garden you can cover the gaps between the plants with leaves, twigs or well digested manure. Put what branches resulting from pruning of shrubs and trees or cut grass from mowing the lawn. You can also use specially treated pine bark, which will buy from garden centers. In this way, you will help your plants to protect them from cold, frost and snow.

Change their position

Transfer the plants on the balcony to more sheltered and protected places, if possible close to walls. Place close to one another. When temperatures are too low, wrap sensitive plants with plastic, preferably that the "blisters" (air-bubble), which is a very good insulator. Do not forget to open 2-3 points small holes to breathe.

Protection from snow

If you cover your plants with snow, do not panic. Besides, the snow becomes dangerous when frozen, but when it is fresh and fluffy, it works as an insulator. Do not forget, however, to cover the susceptible plants with plastic and put the soil surface mulching materials.

Another problem we have to face when it snows is the weight of snow, which can break branches. To avoid this, the snow clean the branches with a broom, in order to alleviate the weight. Where snow freezes on the plants, not remove it, because it will injure the branches. Allow the ice to melt itself and not wet the leaves because it will create other layers of ice.

If, nevertheless, there are problems in plants after a snowfall, try to act methodically, to help them recover. Do not prune damaged branches immediately after the snow. Wait for it to warm up a little weather. This will avoid problems such counter cold. Remove only the branches that have broken and dangerous. Treat the plant wound smoothing the intersection and passing a special paste. In addition, clean the leaves, so the plant can recover quickly.

When they raise the temperature, lubricate with nitrogen fertilizer to enable the plants to quickly regenerate their damaged parts. Another thing to watch out when it snows is to pour salt to melt ice on walkways and open roads for cars. Try not to take salt near your plants, it will burn. If this is not possible, then, when the snow melts, watering the plants frequently and for long enough to flush the salt as soon as possible.

Watering wants attention

Watering in winter, although necessary, should be done with care to avoid causing problems. Watering the hours when the temperature is highest and water warmer. Avoid watering when strong winds blow, but splash leaves after possible and dry air.

Airtight

If the garden or balcony located in an area with a lot of air, you should allow to create windbreaks. In the garden, place a dentroseira from suitable trees to the point or points that blows most often. In the balcony, place some large and heavy pots with suitable dense plants next to one another. This will create another "wall" that protects the other plants.

The lawn in the cold

In the gardens there turf need some measures to avoid the problems that cause cold and frost. Reduce water and watering only when necessary. Also, mow when the soil and the turf is dry, and only if necessary. If it snows, avoid pressing on the turf; clean as possible with a wire cleaner, but not with shovel. If the snow freezes, then open briefly automatic watering, preferably noon to melt the ice. Of course, you must first you clean the sprinklers (pop-ups).

Take care and at home

When low temperatures are noted, conditions change and houseplants. On cold days, that the rooms will be heated more, the moisture content is reduced in the home atmosphere and there is a risk of dehydration for the plants in the house. Remember, then, watering them as needed, to splash the leaves and place a pan with water over the bodies to increase the humidity in the room. If the plants are placed near radiators, remove them to avoid the discomfort. Also, remove them from places where cold drafts when you open the windows created to ventilate.

5 tips for your plants: The plants are well hydrated and in good nutritional status can better respond to low temperatures and frost.
All your plants need watering in winter, especially when blown strong and dry air or adequate time has passed without rain.
Avoid pruning the days of low temperatures.
Make sure before the temperature drops too have fertilize your plants with a nitrogen fertilizer.
If your palms are dry leaves, do not remove them until the spring.
Do planting or replanting of days with very cold or snow, because the plants are then very vulnerable and can create big problems.

us Offline kmanct3

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: January 13, 2015, 01:15:11 PM
I like it !

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #13 on: January 13, 2015, 01:42:22 PM
I like it !
Me too, sadly there is no word if they ship outside of the US (I couldn't even find the terms and conditions :think:). I did contact them though ;)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%