Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

New Bladeless MP600

Dunc · 14 · 3781

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
New Bladeless MP600
on: January 19, 2015, 08:06:46 PM
I've just seen Gerber are releasing a new Bladeless MP600 , I've got to get me one of them , full size Multitool for legal Edc carry  :D I can easily pair that with a SAK

gb Offline Eciton82

Re: New Bladeless MP600
Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 09:02:33 PM
I have one, it's lovely! Would like the bluntnose pliers in a bladeless variant, but I'll take what I can get...

us Offline powernoodle

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 09:22:29 PM
I'm glad to see a new knifeless MT.  The only possible downside is that the RemGrit saw is a quasi knife, you know, and could conceivably be considered a "blade" by the uninformed.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 09:46:12 PM
I'm glad to see a new knifeless MT.  The only possible downside is that the RemGrit saw is a quasi knife, you know, and could conceivably be considered a "blade" by the uninformed.
Yeah, but you can take it out.
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

Offline rapace

• New User
Reply #4 on: January 22, 2015, 07:01:54 AM
Got myself two of these and took one of them with me this week for the first time on a plane. I told the TSA agent that it was a blade less multi tool and they didn't have any issue with it (they did check that indeed it didn't have any blade). As a precaution, I did take the Remgrit out though.

It was very nice to have a full size MT with me during a business trip  :D

scotland Online Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #5 on: January 22, 2015, 12:28:45 PM
Got myself two of these and took one of them with me this week for the first time on a plane. I told the TSA agent that it was a blade less multi tool and they didn't have any issue with it (they did check that indeed it didn't have any blade). As a precaution, I did take the Remgrit out though.

It was very nice to have a full size MT with me during a business trip  :D

That's good to hear.  Oh, and welcome to the forum. :cheers:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

scotland Online Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #6 on: January 22, 2015, 12:34:43 PM
I have one, it's lovely! Would like the bluntnose pliers in a bladeless variant, but I'll take what I can get...

Would it be cruel to post this picture?

One of the best things about the MP600 is that it's pretty easy to play Lego with and make your own version.  Of course all you need to do is buy a few versions to get all the components you want. ::)
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

gb Offline tosh

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: January 22, 2015, 01:14:01 PM
Mine came in yesterday.

But I'm not convinced it's not a fake!!
It came without box and more worrying is that the Remgrit Blade doesn't actually say Remgrit!! It's just matt black both sides.

Last night I really scrutinised it against the Trailrider that came in last week. Obviously the plier head is different and the Gerber logo slightly different too. It is stamped USA and also has a serial number on the spine of the handles.

The seller claims he purchased 10 and asked for them to be removed from blister packs for easier shipping??? Also says the Remgrits are different as were issued to US army supplies.

I'm not convinced. Is anyone aware of fake bladeless mp600's
I don't claim to know it all, but what I do know is right.

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #8 on: January 22, 2015, 01:25:04 PM
I have not. It is common for US Forces to have everything blacked out. Or rather, no contrast. Like white against black. Anything that sticks out or is super shiny. Things like that catches the human eye easily.

Nate

Nate

SEND IT!

gb Offline tosh

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: January 22, 2015, 01:30:38 PM
I have not. It is common for US Forces to have everything blacked out. Or rather, no contrast. Like white against black. Anything that sticks out or is super shiny. Things like that catches the human eye easily.

Nate

Ok, but can I ask have you come across the blacked out Remgrit blade before?
I don't claim to know it all, but what I do know is right.

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #10 on: January 22, 2015, 01:45:16 PM
Yes, only once. A friend of mine was in the Army and he had a BO MP 600. I seem to remember that the Remgrit saw was all black. I do not know for sure if it was replacement blade or the original blade. We might have to wait til one of the Hardcore Gerber fans shows up and can help better than I can.

Nate
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 01:47:32 PM by ducttapetech »
Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline parnass

• No Life Club
  • 4x4 since '74
Reply #11 on: January 22, 2015, 04:02:26 PM
Ok, but can I ask have you come across the blacked out Remgrit blade before?

I have a bladeless MP600 on order and expect it to arrive soon.

The medium Remgrit blade in the center was taken from a new Gerber MP600 blunt nose.  I bought the other two Remgrit blades (medium and coarse) earlier this week at an American Science & Surplus store.

http://www.sciplus.com/

Retired engineer, author.

A man with one multitool always knows exactly which to use. A man with many multitools is never quite sure. - parnass

Offline rapace

• New User
Reply #12 on: January 22, 2015, 06:19:44 PM
Mine came in yesterday.

But I'm not convinced it's not a fake!!
It came without box and more worrying is that the Remgrit Blade doesn't actually say Remgrit!! It's just matt black both sides.

Last night I really scrutinised it against the Trailrider that came in last week. Obviously the plier head is different and the Gerber logo slightly different too. It is stamped USA and also has a serial number on the spine of the handles.

The seller claims he purchased 10 and asked for them to be removed from blister packs for easier shipping??? Also says the Remgrits are different as were issued to US army supplies.

I'm not convinced. Is anyone aware of fake bladeless mp600's

My two bladeless (bought them from 2 different places: Amazon and WalMart) came both with an all black RemGrit blade.

us Offline parnass

• No Life Club
  • 4x4 since '74
Reply #13 on: January 23, 2015, 03:56:54 AM
My two bladeless (bought them from 2 different places: Amazon and WalMart) came both with an all black RemGrit blade.

My bladeless MP600 arrived today from Rocky National and has an all black, unmarked Remgrit blade like yours.
Retired engineer, author.

A man with one multitool always knows exactly which to use. A man with many multitools is never quite sure. - parnass

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%