Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

2015- What would you like from MTO this year?

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Re: 2015- What would you like from MTO this year?
Reply #150 on: February 04, 2015, 09:20:22 PM
Fancy
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

us Offline JBW1

• No Life Club
Reply #151 on: February 06, 2015, 01:52:55 PM
i dont know if its been mentioned or is already a setting somewhere, but when i use the search bar, the results are mixed dates, going wayyyyy back. can we get the results in chronological order?

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #152 on: February 06, 2015, 02:01:33 PM
i dont know if its been mentioned or is already a setting somewhere, but when i use the search bar, the results are mixed dates, going wayyyyy back. can we get the results in chronological order?

On the search page there is a drop down menu with a few different options.  ;)

us Offline JBW1

• No Life Club
Reply #153 on: February 07, 2015, 02:06:36 AM
I don't know if its been mentioned or is already a setting somewhere, but when i use the search bar, the results are mixed dates, going wayyyyy back. can we get the results in chronological order?

Thanks zoidberg, but maybe its because I'm looking on a tablet, I'm not seeing any options. other than where, specifically you want to search. :think:
It is cool to read up on some of the forgotten mto history anyway.
I think newbies like myself should be subject to an MTO vocabulary and forum competency test also an MTO Forefather history lesson, before gaining any of the number of post achievements. would've saved me some embarrassment, and everyone else some frustration :D

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #154 on: February 07, 2015, 02:35:49 AM
I don't know if its been mentioned or is already a setting somewhere, but when i use the search bar, the results are mixed dates, going wayyyyy back. can we get the results in chronological order?

Thanks zoidberg, but maybe its because I'm looking on a tablet, I'm not seeing any options. other than where, specifically you want to search. :think:

http://forum.multitool.org/index.php?action=search

Under Search order: you can choose Most recent topics first

us Offline JBW1

• No Life Club
Reply #155 on: February 07, 2015, 03:25:34 AM

http://forum.multitool.org/index.php?action=search

Under Search order: you can choose Most recent topics first
:tu: THANK YOU! haha ive never clicked that tab :doh: always just used the search bar at the top of every page.

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #156 on: February 07, 2015, 12:10:11 PM
Glad I could help. :salute: I hardy ever use the full search window. Just try to limit my search by good search words and the board in which I think the stuff I'm looking for is hiding. :D

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #157 on: March 04, 2015, 02:25:29 AM
Could we revamp some leatherman sockets? Some sockets that will work on both size (is there a 3rd) knurled screws.

I know there was some kind of limited production run. But some 2015 versions would be AWESOME

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #158 on: March 04, 2015, 12:52:40 PM
It is a possibility, however the guys that did them don't seem to be around much any more, and the originals were offered as a pass around and disappeared.

It's something of an investment, time and money wise to make them just to have them go missing and not be returned.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #159 on: March 04, 2015, 08:31:30 PM
It is a possibility, however the guys that did them don't seem to be around much any more, and the originals were offered as a pass around and disappeared.

It's something of an investment, time and money wise to make them just to have them go missing and not be returned.

Def
How hard would it be for a company to make a limited run of wrenches perhaps?
I would hope flat stock is cheaper than sockets. I just don't know how someone would/could cut the fine edges.

Like an old style kick clip with an extra flat peice over the hole. (So the screw head doesn't go all the way through)

Trust me, If I could; I would :D

us Offline sergemaster

• No Life Club
Reply #160 on: March 05, 2015, 12:37:51 AM
Amici,
Hmmmmm...... How about SHIRTS to match my MT.org hat!! Or a coffee cup even better!!

Cheers,
Serge
'I will NOT be threatened by a walking Meatloaf!!' - D. Kessler

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #161 on: March 05, 2015, 01:44:00 AM
Amici,
Hmmmmm...... How about SHIRTS to match my MT.org hat!! Or a coffee cup even better!!

Cheers,
Serge

We have done shorts in the past and will probably do more in the future.  I believe we have some old stock shirts that will be offered some time in the near future.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline sergemaster

• No Life Club
Reply #162 on: March 05, 2015, 03:56:25 AM
Grant wrote:
We have done shorts in the past and will probably do more in the future.  I believe we have some old stock shirts that will be offered some time in the near future.

:cheers:  :gimme:

Cheers,
Serge
'I will NOT be threatened by a walking Meatloaf!!' - D. Kessler

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #163 on: March 06, 2015, 10:08:45 PM
That should read shirts not shorts!

Oops!

Def

gr Offline firiki

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Cats have pocket knives of their own
Reply #164 on: March 06, 2015, 11:28:10 PM
Skirts ??? :D
:facepalm:
Omnia vincit amor. Vae victis.

us Offline Ashley

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • AKA Knife Crazied
Reply #165 on: March 10, 2015, 11:58:47 AM
Hats? We need hats again and shirts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #166 on: March 10, 2015, 12:36:09 PM
I'll look into hats as well. I have been looking into shirts already and hope to have some results soon.  :D

Def

us Online MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #167 on: March 10, 2015, 01:07:23 PM
How about patches, but a diff size, something a little smaller then the 3x2 say a 2x1?
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club
Reply #168 on: March 10, 2015, 01:07:43 PM
With regards to hats, can we go for something with size, i.e. not one size fits all? I use a large hat size and have long hair, so a typical one-size-fits-all cap never fits well. This is probably a weird request, but I thought I'd mention it. Also, how about going for pill-box style, since the previous one was baseball cap style?

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #169 on: March 10, 2015, 02:26:59 PM
The previous hats were adjustable?

All good ideas and we will take them into consideration.  Patches are a possibility,  as are different hats.

The thing that we have to remember going forward is that Travis handled all of this for us before.  He had a number of contacts in the promo industry and I never knew who he was ordering from, so I am having to find new vendors for much of this stuff.  As his illness took him so fast, I never thought to try and get contact info from him.

So I'm doing all the legwork and shopping around for these things and they will happen- it's just a matter of time and cost.

Def

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #170 on: March 10, 2015, 02:35:27 PM
One thing I thought of yesterday, It would be nice if attached pics were viewable on the preview post feature.

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #171 on: March 10, 2015, 03:04:37 PM
I wouldn't mind a hat or shirt actually.  That would be cool :)

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk

K-Tibbs

us Online MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #172 on: March 10, 2015, 05:29:12 PM
I just took one of my patches off of my old bag, so I could sew it on my hat, but I had to take the one on my hat off so that could go on my newer bag, so I could sew the one on the old bag on my hat! Figure that on out!
Old bag----> hat----> new bag!
Now you ask why didn't you just put the one on the old bag on the new bag? Simple the one on the old bag was a sew on and I needed a velcro, in which the hat had. :P
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club
Reply #173 on: March 10, 2015, 07:36:05 PM
The previous hats were adjustable?

Yes, but they didn't fit well on my weirdly shaped noggin anyway. :)

All good ideas and we will take them into consideration.  Patches are a possibility,  as are different hats.

I just treat this thread as a any other suggestion box. I don't expect anything, but am happy and grateful for anything that comes out of it. :)

The thing that we have to remember going forward is that Travis handled all of this for us before.  He had a number of contacts in the promo industry and I never knew who he was ordering from, so I am having to find new vendors for much of this stuff.  As his illness took him so fast, I never thought to try and get contact info from him.

So I'm doing all the legwork and shopping around for these things and they will happen- it's just a matter of time and cost.

And enough forum members being interested... It's no surprise that the loss of Travis are felt on more levels than the purely emotional...

Take care!

us Online MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #174 on: March 23, 2015, 07:14:18 PM
Just an idea, but, what about a Syph's custom club? We have the Swissarmy Knights, but what about a customs club/badge?
JR

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #175 on: March 23, 2015, 07:22:52 PM
Just an idea, but, what about a Syph's custom club? We have the Swissarmy Knights, but what about a customs club/badge?
JR

The Swiss Army Knights banner was added as a homage to the original SOSAK club. We could add a club banner for pretty much anything, LM, Gerber, SOG, mods, ... but do you really want your profile to look like this.

banners.jpg
* banners.jpg (Filesize: 45.31 KB)

us Offline mrynnr

• SAK Addict
  • No Life Club
Reply #176 on: March 23, 2015, 07:27:27 PM

JR

The Swiss Army Knights banner was added as a homage to the original SOSAK club. We could add a club banner for pretty much anything, LM, Gerber, SOG, mods, ... but do you really want your profile to look like this.

(Image removed from quote.)
uhm... Yes? :rofl:

us Online MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #177 on: March 23, 2015, 07:35:34 PM
JR

(Image removed from quote.)
But of course! I'm part of the originals, i was never big on it but I joined like four years ago.
Jr

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #178 on: March 23, 2015, 07:45:06 PM
With all the banners I get this image in my head. :P

us Offline mrynnr

• SAK Addict
  • No Life Club
Reply #179 on: March 23, 2015, 07:46:54 PM
It will make me feel like I accomplished something

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24