Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Boker Pry Mate

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Boker Pry Mate
on: January 29, 2015, 06:26:10 PM
Got this nice little knife today. Stock taking has shown that it was missing its sheath so I got it for a Mickey Mouse Price (that's what the shop owner called it :D).

Not really into fixed blades, but I wanted this knife for a long time and at that price I couldn't resist. This probably is a poor slicer on the account that the spine is 7mm thick, but it should make a versatile tool and a good addition to whatever blade/MT/SAK I carry.

The texture on the spine is a bit rough, I will have to smooth-en it out.
prymate.jpg
* prymate.jpg (Filesize: 98.42 KB)
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Re: Boker Pry Mate
Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 07:01:16 PM
Nice one!

Nate

Nate

SEND IT!

00 Offline WWW

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 07:52:01 PM
This one and the mini have been on my list since forever. I never pulled the trigger because of the price and exactly because they are a bit too thick. How do you like, keep us posted as they get into your rotation. Congrats for the Mickey Mouse Price!!!

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 09:31:49 PM
This one and the mini have been on my list since forever. I never pulled the trigger because of the price and exactly because they are a bit too thick. How do you like, keep us posted as they get into your rotation. Congrats for the Mickey Mouse Price!!!
Yeah, I will make a minimalistic sheath. I think the humps on the spine are a bit too rough for a knife of this price, I paid 50 quids so I'm happy 8). That's all I can say for now, once I have given it a go I will tell you how I like it.
I haven't seen the Mini in person, but considering that the Pry Mate is already quite small I think I wouldn't go for the smaller one. I might go for the Gnome though.
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%