Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Two Reasons I can't commit...

Demel · 11 · 1575

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Two Reasons I can't commit...
on: February 09, 2015, 03:39:51 AM
The Gerber MP1 seems like a great tool. Every time I see it, I really am drawn to it. Mainly because of the spring loaded pliers and ALL outside access tools. The main two reason I keep passing it up however, are the lack of scissors and pocket clip. I know for most people those aren't great reason, but if someone could replace the small flat driver with scissors and add a pocket clip I would gladly purchase this tool.  :drool:  :gimme:

As everyone knows, factory custom multis just don't happen.  :twak: Can someone contact gerber to release the mp2?  ::) wishful thinking. Thanks for listening.
"Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." -John Wooden

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Re: Two Reasons I can't commit...
Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 03:55:05 AM
The Gerber MP1 seems like a great tool. Every time I see it, I really am drawn to it. Mainly because of the spring loaded pliers and ALL outside access tools. The main two reason I keep passing it up however, are the lack of scissors and pocket clip. I know for most people those aren't great reason, but if someone could replace the small flat driver with scissors and add a pocket clip I would gladly purchase this tool.  :drool:  :gimme:

As everyone knows, factory custom multis just don't happen.  :twak: Can someone contact gerber to release the mp2?  ::) wishful thinking. Thanks for listening.

Perfectly reasonable reasoning in my opinion.
I'm the milk man!

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 04:14:23 AM
I understand your pain bro. Come to the hack side. You know you want to.  >:D

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 04:19:50 AM
I have a pair of wave scissors and a pocket clip from a wingman, but 80 bucks is alot to spend on a mod that could go wrong. Unless evilbay had a donor I could find at a decent price.
"Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." -John Wooden

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 06:26:28 AM
Wild guess here but I'm thinking you would want scissors from a MP600 maybe. And yeah, getting what you want can be costly.

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 12:05:01 PM
If would definatly fit better. It's cost, but i dont see many Gerber mods. Not sure what to expect once it's disassembled.

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: February 09, 2015, 12:11:28 PM
If anyone has a pair from a mp600 shoot me a pm. Who knows we can start a wave of gerber mods

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #7 on: February 09, 2015, 12:19:06 PM
There are a few mods out there. I really like my frankengerber. Bit sad the OHT pliers didn't work with the MP600 handles though.

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: February 09, 2015, 07:15:08 PM
There are a few mods out there. I really like my frankengerber. Bit sad the OHT pliers didn't work with the MP600 handles though.

The frankengerber is a great mod. Proly one of the best I'd seen on here. Looking at the mp1 I wonder if there is enough space to put the scissors where the driver is? Do you know if breezy12 works on gerbers?

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #9 on: February 09, 2015, 11:02:35 PM
Actually the frankengerber is more of a lego build, no parts were modified. I don't see why Breezy wouldn't work on a Gerber. Just ask him.

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: February 10, 2015, 12:22:17 AM
Will do, thanks.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%