Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

evil.....

us Offline evil510

• Envision. Create. Innovate.
evil.....
on: February 11, 2015, 08:31:45 PM

Hey there, gang. Long time no see. It's been about four years since I have been here. There are a few of you that may actually remember me and my work. Some of you joining after I had left may have heard of me. I am glad to see that the forum is alive and well. So many new names and modders since I was last here. I hope that some of the people I knew from back in the day are still here. Hopefully I can touch base with some of you, perhaps making a few new acquaintances along the way.....

Over the past few years I have received a multitude of e-mails outside of the forum. I even received messages in regard to multitools through a few forums totally unrelated to multitools, so, I thought I would address them here and now as a whole. Upon a quick browse of the forums, it was nice to see some of my work still presently referred to even years after I have gone. I am humbled and I thank you. I was actually a fairly quiet modder here that kept to himself, typically only speaking when I had something to say or a project to share.....

Something went on behind the scenes with one of my last major mods here that really pissed me off, to be honest. So much so that I decided to up and leave one day, never to look back. Had I stayed, things would have gotten really ugly and it probably would have ended up with me doing some travelling just to give someone a serious beatdown. I didn't have time for that kind of crap in my life. My airbrushing and fabrication in real life keeps me more than busy even on a bad day. I enjoyed spending my spare time here creating and modding tools and sharing them with you all. I was here out of passion. For a time there, this forum felt like home. After I had left, before I knew it, days turned into weeks, weeks into months, then months into years. Life happens. Every so often while using one of my tools, I would pause and reflect on my time here.....

I never stopped modding, it's in my blood. Im my line of work I modify things on almost a daily basis. I merely stopped modding multitools and focused on other creative endeavors during my spare time. Needlesstosay, I've kept busy. My EDC needs changed from time to time and rather than get new tools,  I would modify what I already had. I recently got a new Crunch (one of my all time favs) dirt cheap. A blank slate crying out to me for me to mod it. That in turn re-sparked my memories of being here.....

Does this mean that I am back? Well, at this point in time, that is undecided. I suppose I will "test the waters" for a bit and see how I feel about things after a little while. As things stand, honestly, I still have a somewhat bad taste in my mouth in regard to openly sharing certain types of things on the forum as I once had. Cautious to say the least. I hope you all understand. In the very least, I will be here in the background as a resource, to aid others if possible. So, I'll sit for a spell and catch up on what has been going on in the world of multitools over the past years. When I left, the MUT was barely coming out. I have been out of the loop ever since. Most all of the new tools, I have barely even heard of, let alone what they look like and their functions, etc. My set of tools have faithfully served my needs over the years so I never sought out newer tools. To the few that know anything about me, they know that I am not a collector, rather a true user of multitools. I am not out to mod every new tool that hits the market out of hype (unless for a customer), only the ones that I will actually put to good use myself. I realize a few of my past projects were left hanging in the balance when I had left. When time permits, I hope to pick up from where I left off on some of them. Parts of some of them, sadly, have since gone missing in action over the years. I will either try and finish them or source them out for parts to start fresh.....

At any rate, thank you for taking the time to read this.....

~ evil ~

My old sig somehow disappeared. Thank you for keeping my avatar.....
CURRENT PROJECTS:
Evil's Urban Trekker (on hold)
Shear Evil (on hold)
The Evil Incarnate (a work in progress)

UPDATES:
Evil's Quad Strop Mini introduced.....
Evil's Pocket Octo-Driver introduced.....
Brute Driver HD - COMPLETE

LATEST NEWS:

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Re: evil.....
Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 08:41:13 PM
Welcome back evil!  :cheers:  I joined around the same time you left, so I don't really remember your work all too well. :(   Here's hoping that you enjoy your stay here once again!  :cheers:

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 09:38:51 PM
Welcome back mate :)
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 09:42:33 PM
Woo Woo the Evil one is back.... Lock up your Multitools  :ahhh

Welcome back Mate  :tu:
Everything’s adjustable

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 09:43:35 PM
Welcome back Evil  :tu:  It was your ratcheting inline driver that I noticed when I got here, great work BTW  :tu:.

Esse Quam Videri

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #5 on: February 11, 2015, 09:45:20 PM
Welcome back! I remember that awesome Skeletool!
I'm the milk man!

us Offline sawman

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • You're amongst friends.
Reply #6 on: February 11, 2015, 09:46:51 PM
I remember you very well. You've put out some of the finest work unmatched here to this day. How time flies but it seems just like yesterday you were with us. So glad to see you back. I hope you'll stick around more  :cheers:
SAW

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #7 on: February 11, 2015, 10:02:47 PM
Welcome back, and i hope you get settled back in  :cheers:

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #8 on: February 11, 2015, 10:03:45 PM
Great to hear you're still at it Evil. :cheers:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

au Offline gregozedobe

• Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #9 on: February 11, 2015, 10:14:04 PM
Welcome back.  :tu:

You were "before my time", but all I ever heard about you was very positive   :salute: .  Enjoy your return to MTo at whatever level of involvement suits you.  Some of the newer tools may spark your modding interest, you never know  :pok:
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #10 on: February 11, 2015, 10:31:26 PM
Good to see you back.  :)

I thought Leatherman must have sent out a hitman or something... :ahhh

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #11 on: February 11, 2015, 10:39:34 PM
My heart jumped a beat when I was you posting. :woohoo:

:D

Hope to see many more of your mods if you feel comfortable sharing them with us again.

As some have said, your mods are, with high respect to all the modders who came after, by far still the top of the line that has ever been done here. :hatsoff: I have most of them bookmarked and have shared them often with new members spreading the evil fan base. >:D

Very happy to see you back. :cheers:

us Offline Outback in Idaho

• Not all those who wander are lost.
Reply #12 on: February 12, 2015, 04:14:46 AM
  Is good to know you're still kickin. Had often wondered what happened to you, or if we lost you to some hurricane or a megalodon. Welcome back.
¬ Outback in Idaho

Behind every mask there is a face, behind that a story.

au Offline Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Reply #13 on: February 12, 2015, 06:43:35 AM
I only joined last year - Well after your time.
But wow - What a strange co-incidence
Only within the last few weeks, someone posted a link to your unbelievable Skeletool mod, so I became acquainted with your work.
To say it totally blew my mind is an understatement.
Such incredible creativity, ingenuity, technical skill and originality.
And what I really liked was the project evolved as time went on - and more and more changes/additions were made to the already incredible Skele.

"What a shame this guy left", I thought to myself.
And here you are back again - Well hopefully - Welcome back my friend  :)

Does this mean that I am back? Well, at this point in time, that is undecided. I suppose I will "test the waters" for a bit and see how I feel about things after a little while. As things stand, honestly, I still have a somewhat bad taste in my mouth in regard to openly sharing certain types of things on the forum as I once had. Cautious to say the least. I hope you all understand. In the very least, I will be here in the background as a resource, to aid others if possible.
At any rate, thank you for taking the time to read this.....

Re your post: Thanks for filling us in on the last few years - Sounds like something pretty unpleasant happened here at MTo, which really surprises me, as this is such a great and supportive forum. So I am sorry for that
To be honest I don't quite understand - As I do not know what happened.
However I do totally respect your privacy, position, cautiousness and decisions - whatever you decide to do.
Personally, I hope you stay, and start to enjoy your time here again!!
And your offer of help to other modders is generous and I am sure much appreciated - I just wish I was a Leatherman modder!!

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #14 on: February 12, 2015, 10:27:55 AM
Welcome back (I hope) Evil!  :cheers:
I am looking forward to (possibly) seeing more of your work.  :pok:

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #15 on: February 12, 2015, 01:31:19 PM
I was also after your original time here. But your threads and builds are some of the highest quality.

Welcome back! Stick around for awhile! :D

Will you be replying to questions from your old threads? Or no looking back?

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #16 on: February 12, 2015, 02:53:17 PM
Long time no see Evil.

Nate

Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline evil510

Reply #17 on: February 12, 2015, 06:21:50 PM
Hey there gang. Thank you for the warm welcome.....

~ evil ~

Welcome back evil!  :cheers:  I joined around the same time you left, so I don't really remember your work all too well. :(   Here's hoping that you enjoy your stay here once again!  :cheers:
Thank you, Derek. We'll see how things go this time around.....

Welcome back mate :)
Thank you, Mike.....

Woo Woo the Evil one is back.... Lock up your Multitools  :ahhh
Welcome back Mate  :tu:
Thank you, Sparky. Speaking of lock... I have a drop in lockpick and tension bar I made for the Micra.....

Welcome back Evil  :tu:  It was your ratcheting inline driver that I noticed when I got here, great work BTW  :tu:.
Thank you, Aloha. That project has since gone through a few different iterations. The original version was a very sound design, however, it was only as strong as its weakest link, that being the ratcheting mechanism. Those cheap harbor freight units just were not making the cut, only really suitable for light to medium work. I have since made a newer version with the mechanism from a heavy duty DeWalt. While it is much larger, it has been able to handle any driving task I have asked of it.....

Welcome back! I remember that awesome Skeletool!
Thank you, Captain Spaulding. Project Skeletool is still very much alive and well and has remained a main part of my EDC.....

I remember you very well. You've put out some of the finest work unmatched here to this day. How time flies but it seems just like yesterday you were with us. So glad to see you back. I hope you'll stick around more  :cheers:
Hey there, sawman. Thank you for the praise. Yes, time does seem to fly. When I recently got my new Crunch to tinker with, I stopped to think... "wow, has it really been that long?" Life sure can get pretty busy at times.....

Welcome back, and i hope you get settled back in  :cheers:
Thank you, 50ft-trad. I'm working on that.....

Great to hear you're still at it Evil. :cheers:
In regard to modding multitools, I feel rusty... lol, just kidding. It has been quite a while though.....

Welcome back.  :tu:
You were "before my time", but all I ever heard about you was very positive   :salute: .  Enjoy your return to MTo at whatever level of involvement suits you.  Some of the newer tools may spark your modding interest, you never know  :pok:
Thank you, gregozedobe. You are spot on. I am going through the process of figuring out what level of involvement suits me. Since I've been back, I haven't yet found a tool that calls out to me. That's how it all starts.....

Good to see you back.  :)
I thought Leatherman must have sent out a hitman or something... :ahhh
Hey there, Mr. Whippy, thank you. Don't think evil forgot about those scissors you gifted. That project is one of the first things on my list to finish. One setback is that the whole tool unknowingly spent a few weeks submerged underwater. Hopefully I can bring it back to a workable condition and complete it.....

My heart jumped a beat when I was you posting. :woohoo: :D Hope to see many more of your mods if you feel comfortable sharing them with us again. As some have said, your mods are, with high respect to all the modders who came after, by far still the top of the line that has ever been done here. :hatsoff: I have most of them bookmarked and have shared them often with new members spreading the evil fan base. >:D
Very happy to see you back. :cheers:
Thank you for the welcome back, enki. I truly appreciate the praise and I am humbled to be held in such high regard. If I share any future projects, I can only hope to live up to that reputation......

Is good to know you're still kickin. Had often wondered what happened to you, or if we lost you to some hurricane or a megalodon. Welcome back.
Hey there, Xelkos. Yes, still kickin'. Just got lost in the whole game of life.....

Re your post: Thanks for filling us in on the last few years - Sounds like something pretty unpleasant happened here at MTo, which really surprises me, as this is such a great and supportive forum. So I am sorry for that
To be honest I don't quite understand - As I do not know what happened.
However I do totally respect your privacy, position, cautiousness and decisions - whatever you decide to do.
Personally, I hope you stay, and start to enjoy your time here again!!
And your offer of help to other modders is generous and I am sure much appreciated - I just wish I was a Leatherman modder!!
Hello there, huntsman. Thank you for your positive comments. Project Skeletool really was a project that evolved as my needs changed. As for what went on back then. In simple terms, it boiled down to respect, or a lack thereof. It was behind the scenes not spoken of in the forum. Of course, there is a lot more to it, but, it was enough for me to want to walk away.....

Welcome back (I hope) Evil!  :cheers:
I am looking forward to (possibly) seeing more of your work.  :pok:
Thank you, Syncop8r.....

I was also after your original time here. But your threads and builds are some of the highest quality. Welcome back! Stick around for awhile! :D Will you be replying to questions from your old threads? Or no looking back?
Thank you, NKlamerus. To answer your question, yes. Many of my old threads had comments made on them well after I had left. I plan to go back and update them, answering questions along the way.....

Long time no see Evil.
Hey there, ducttapetech. Yes, long time indeed.....

« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 06:29:02 PM by evil510 »
CURRENT PROJECTS:
Shear Evil (on hold)

UPDATES:

LATEST NEWS:

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #18 on: February 12, 2015, 06:26:12 PM
Thanks bud :D

I really appreciate the time you take to answer everyone's questions. Generosity and patience at its finest

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #19 on: February 12, 2015, 08:36:12 PM
I'm fairly new around here but welcome back   :tu:

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Reply #20 on: February 12, 2015, 09:01:17 PM
I still have some of your mod threads bookmarked Evil. :multi: Glad to have you back Buddy..  :cheers:

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #21 on: February 14, 2015, 01:48:05 AM
Welcome back. The legends are true. Your skeletool is one of the best around.  :salute:
"Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." -John Wooden

us Offline evil510

Reply #22 on: February 14, 2015, 01:57:09 AM
Thanks bud :D  I really appreciate the time you take to answer everyone's questions. Generosity and patience at its finest
Hello, NKlamerus. I had noticed you sent me a question in regard to the Skeletool. If you could, message me again being very specific and I'll try and help you any way possible.....

I'm fairly new around here but welcome back   :tu:
Thank you for the welcome, SteveC.....

I still have some of your mod threads bookmarked Evil. :multi: Glad to have you back Buddy..  :cheers:
Thank you, AHB. nice to see a lot of the old familiar names still around.....
CURRENT PROJECTS:
Shear Evil (on hold)

UPDATES:

LATEST NEWS:

us Offline BlueDot

Reply #23 on: February 14, 2015, 05:36:14 AM

Wow.  Good to see you back Mr. 510. 

I remember watching your skeletool evolve from stock (which I really didn't care for), to simply amazing (and something I envy to this day).

Hope you can share more of your top-notch design and superb craftsmanship.
If not, still good to know you're alive & kickin'

dc
There are just 10 types of people in the world:  those who understand binary number systems, and those who don't

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #24 on: February 14, 2015, 07:13:52 AM
Well met Mr. Evil.

Sorry to hear you had issue with folks in the past but this place is great now.

Except Monrogue, Higgs, JR, Kirky, Santos, PTR, NK and Kammy everyone here is great. Actually it might be easier to just check out "The List" to see who the trouble makers are. Did I mention Monrogue?

au Offline DazMechanical

• No Life Club
Reply #25 on: February 14, 2015, 10:35:42 AM
^ :rofl:

Welcome back evil! I look forward to seeing some of your mods! :cheers:
darren

us Offline evil510

Reply #26 on: February 14, 2015, 11:55:03 AM
Welcome back. The legends are true. Your skeletool is one of the best around.  :salute:
Thank you, Demel. I am still as fond of Project Skeletool now just as I was all those years back.....

Wow.  Good to see you back Mr. 510.  I remember watching your skeletool evolve from stock (which I really didn't care for), to simply amazing (and something I envy to this day). Hope you can share more of your top-notch design and superb craftsmanship.
If not, still good to know you're alive & kickin'
dc
Hello and thank you, BlueDot. I remember you. Yup, still alive.....

Well met Mr. Evil. Sorry to hear you had issue with folks in the past but this place is great now.

Except Monrogue, Higgs, JR, Kirky, Santos, PTR, NK and Kammy everyone here is great. Actually it might be easier to just check out "The List" to see who the trouble makers are. Did I mention Monrogue?
Hello there, Harley. Good to meet you. There's a list? Where does one find this list? lol, just kidding.....  :ahhh

^ :rofl:  Welcome back evil! I look forward to seeing some of your mods! :cheers:
Thank you, DazMechanical.....
CURRENT PROJECTS:
Shear Evil (on hold)

UPDATES:

LATEST NEWS:

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #27 on: February 14, 2015, 12:54:20 PM
Welcome back Evil,look forward too more of your great mods  :salute:  :cheers:

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #28 on: February 14, 2015, 03:00:24 PM
Welcome back to the forums Evil. Although I am not one for modded items, and I do mean that with the utmost sincerity as I rarely venture into the modification section of this forum, I most certainly do remember you and that Skeletool project.

Hope you stick around. I know how it feels to leave and then come back. I myself was gone for a year or so a while back because I got a little upset about certain things on here. The funny thing about MT.O is that there is a pull from it. I think the good far outweigh the bad myself. Either way, I am looking forward to your continued interaction...at your own level of course.

Happy to see you once again on here.  :salute:
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #29 on: February 14, 2015, 03:27:11 PM
Well met Mr. Evil.

Sorry to hear you had issue with folks in the past but this place is great now.

How many times must I tell you?! Stop talking to yourself!

:twak: :twak: :twak: :twak:

Ok, you're evil, but you're not Mr. Evil! Take the meds!

:twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD