Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

New EDC Bag. Need suggestions.

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
New EDC Bag. Need suggestions.
on: February 28, 2015, 03:23:40 AM
My monthly visit to the army navy store was today! Picked up a new EDC bag for 4.99

Had to make some zipper fobs. But I didn't realize the previous owner left me some PERFECT edc gloves!!

Current contents; Charge AL, ZT566BW, streamlight nanolight, Sharpie fine point and extra point, 4" crescent wrench, bic, clippers, chapstick, 4" zip ties.

Current needed; better light, tape of some kind, WD40 pen, leatherman bits/extender, 8"zip ties, band aid dispenser (I used to have one...but I handed it down to another scout, he apparently needed it WAY more than I did), I'd like to add some scrap paracord in there as well.

Also, does anyone know any way to make elastic loops smaller? I might just sew another line down the centers of the bands.

Any other suggestions?

Size reference. Much larger than the BDU wallet I was using.

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Re: New EDC Bag. Need suggestions.
Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 03:33:57 AM
Pinch the band out and sew it to tighten the loops at the width they are?
I'm a total legend..... in my own mind- Herley

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 03:53:38 AM
Pinch the band out and sew it to tighten the loops at the width they are?
Uhhhh....maybe?

I was just gonna sew a straight line down the elastic (across the width)

Essentially I would have twice as many slots. (each individual slot now would have a sew down the middle, creating 2 in its place)

This is much harder to explain in words lol

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 04:01:49 AM
No I gotcha, I just didn't know if maybe you wanted to keep the width.
I'm a total legend..... in my own mind- Herley

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #4 on: February 28, 2015, 04:54:49 AM
Nice find :tu:
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #5 on: February 28, 2015, 03:18:12 PM
Yeah they had a 55 gallon drum full of them. The only problem was finding one with no elastic ripped or missing!

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #6 on: February 28, 2015, 03:32:18 PM
Yeah they had a 55 gallon drum full of them. The only problem was finding one with no elastic ripped or missing!
But still, you want to resize them so, so long as their there, happy stitching :D lol! Good find though, Grant it it's not a "maxpedition" name brand, but like I say, so long as it works and does its job, who cares what the name is!
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #7 on: February 28, 2015, 03:39:19 PM
I kinda wish it had a name!!

They did have a surplus Maxpedition grab bag. The kind that you put spent casings in. For 11 bucks!!

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #8 on: February 28, 2015, 04:33:05 PM
I kinda wish it had a name!!

They did have a surplus Maxpedition grab bag. The kind that you put spent casings in. For 11 bucks!!
Yeah but, would it have been better for what you need? Sometimes a name is worthless, and all you pay for is the name, wheather it be, in this case bags, or in other cases food, or just about anything. Yes sometimes it's worth buying the name, cause well, there made better. But still, so long as it does what you need it to do who cares what the name is? Buy a patch and put it where the name would have been, that's what I did.. Then if anyone asks say it's maxpedition, then whisper imitation, lol! :rofl:
JR

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #9 on: February 28, 2015, 04:35:03 PM
That's the way to do it!! I only wish it had a name so I could check reviews, retail, etc.... comparing products is another hobby(addiction) of mine....

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #10 on: February 28, 2015, 04:51:22 PM
That's the way to do it!! I only wish it had a name so I could check reviews, retail, etc.... comparing products is another hobby(addiction) of mine....
Oh god, you too? It sucks huh, my wife hates me for it! I'll spend days/weeks looking something up in order to find info on something!
JR

Oh yeah, I forgot, I bought something way back, what/when/where I don't remember, but I do remember that it came with that same thing of latex gloves..
JR
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 04:56:47 PM by MadPlumbarian »

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #11 on: February 28, 2015, 04:53:55 PM
Oh god, you too? It sucks huh, my wife hates me for it! I'll spend days/weeks looking something up in order to find info on something!
JR
Same here!!! My biggest issue is by the time I've chosen one I have talked myself out of needing it.......... or I have ordered 5 different ones to actually compare them.....

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #12 on: February 28, 2015, 09:37:05 PM
JR
Same here!!! My biggest issue is by the time I've chosen one I have talked myself out of needing it.......... or I have ordered 5 different ones to actually compare them.....
TOTALLY, or you have what I have, a wife! lol
JR

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #13 on: February 28, 2015, 10:23:25 PM
I believe I found your bag/pouch, or in your case elite military ifak, one in which comes with 2 SETS OF BLACK NITRILE GLOVES..
JR

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #14 on: March 01, 2015, 07:32:14 AM
It is not the current US military IFAK pouch. Those do not have zippers but use Velcro to make it faster and easier to open under stress and one handed.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #15 on: March 01, 2015, 04:08:55 PM
It is not the current US military IFAK pouch. Those do not have zippers but use Velcro to make it faster and easier to open under stress and one handed.
No, but that was the only info I could find on it,
Elite First Aid Enhanced IFAK Level 1 First Aid Kit
JR

1 Drop Leg Medic Pouch
1 Israeli Bandage 4" OR ETD DRESSING 4"
1 Tape 1"x10yds
2 Sets of Black Nitrile Gloves
2 ABD Pads 5"x9"
1 H&H Compress Gauze 4.5"x4.1yds.
1 Nasopharyngeal Airway with Lubricant
1 TK4 Tourniquet
1 Set of EMT Shears 7.5"

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #16 on: March 01, 2015, 06:38:25 PM
Definetly it. I kinda want to head back to the store and search through all of them and look for other leftovers!

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #17 on: March 01, 2015, 10:09:21 PM
Wish I had one of those stores near by, but if I did I'd probibly be broker then broke, that and the wife would kill me..
JR

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #18 on: March 02, 2015, 10:03:16 PM
Wish I had one of those stores near by, but if I did I'd probibly be broker then broke, that and the wife would kill me..
JR

When I was a kid there was a place in Mt. Clemens called Ark Surplus. Giant Army surplus store.

Spent hours there and it is prolly a large part of the reason I chose the life I did. Remember buying a gas mask that I am guessing was Korea or Viet Nam era and wearing it everywhere. I bet if a kid were to do that now they would make him see a therapist or something.

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #19 on: March 03, 2015, 04:12:45 AM
JR

When I was a kid there was a place in Mt. Clemens called Ark Surplus. Giant Army surplus store.

Spent hours there and it is prolly a large part of the reason I chose the life I did. Remember buying a gas mask that I am guessing was Korea or Viet Nam era and wearing it everywhere. I bet if a kid were to do that now they would make him see a therapist or something.
Much worse than the therapists......

We had a a month in highschool and the biggest fad of the time was turning gas masks into drug bongs.

Needless to say I think atleast 20 masks were confiscated on school property alone which is actually a HUGE shock.

We are in a VERY VERY VERY military based community. The name of our town is "Niceville"......that should speak for itself. And yet all those kids still got expelled when the masks were tested for drugs.

Probably why I don't see masks anymore at the store.....it would look sweet strapped to a BOB!!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%