Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Leatherman Blast

ca Offline BushPilot

Leatherman Blast
on: March 01, 2015, 07:22:52 PM
Hey Guys and Gals.  My friend has a broken Blast.  He asked me what the replacement tool was.  I don't remember which one you get.  I figure rebar or wave.

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Re: Leatherman Blast
Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 07:31:28 PM
I think they still have a few Blasts kicking around as they had a few sales of them recently. Maybe new, maybe refurbished.

If not, I'm guessing Rebar.

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 07:34:31 PM
Be better with another Blast :whistle:
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

us Offline Obi1shinobee

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Master LM Squirt Ps4 And Lord of Navitools
Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 07:41:14 PM
Hey Guys and Gals.  My friend has a broken Blast.  He asked me what the replacement tool was.  I don't remember which one you get.  I figure rebar or wave.

how you broken it??

us Offline Obi1shinobee

Reply #4 on: March 01, 2015, 08:08:53 PM
get Rebar and Blast .. mod the hell out of it.. you will love it..  :rofl: :gimme: :multi:

nl Offline anditsgone

Reply #5 on: March 01, 2015, 08:40:04 PM
I think it will be the rebar, Wave is another price range.
a friend of mine has a blast with a plier tip bent up but i recommend him to not trade it in because i think he will lose a lot of useful tools that de rebar doesnt have.

gb Offline pingu

Reply #6 on: March 01, 2015, 08:46:36 PM
a friend of mine has a blast with a plier tip bent up but i recommend him to not trade it in because i think he will lose a lot of useful tools that de rebar doesnt have.

a lot?

Scissors and precision driver.  Either or both may or may not be useful.

Is it possible to get a repair (or Rebar substituted) and get the parts returned?  It's possible to install scissors in a Rebar.

nl Offline anditsgone

Reply #7 on: March 01, 2015, 09:03:29 PM

a lot?

Scissors and precision driver.  Either or both may or may not be useful.

Is it possible to get a repair (or Rebar substituted) and get the parts returned?  It's possible to install scissors in a Rebar.

It is not only the screw driver and the scissors but the file, knife and saw are better in the Blast, because in the rebar the tools have a v shaped cut out because the hinge of the lock sits there. this shortens the usefull edge of the tools.

gb Offline pingu

Reply #8 on: March 01, 2015, 09:54:12 PM
I have a Fuse which I made knifeless and added ex-Rebar saw and file.  The OP hasn't yet said what broke but I would be devastated if my Fuse broke and I couldn't repair it myself.  I wish I had a Blast.  Actually there is one new in a store nearby but I can't justify the price being asked.

My other thought is why oh why does LM retire tools that continue to have a USP.  While I have reservations about plastic inserts I have to accept, compared with Rebar, the handles are very comfortable.  Wave handles are also very comfortable but why so little tool space?  :rant:.  OK, the answer is in what I said.

I think the OP has a choice, make the make the most of the warranty service however that would be fulfilled,  or move on in the marketplace.

We all know there is no such thing as a perfect MT. Just quite a few great MTs, but different.

I've read in posts about a warranty return being marked as "sentimental".  What effect does that have?

« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 09:56:47 PM by pingu »

us Offline Zachbradley

Reply #9 on: March 02, 2015, 04:47:02 AM
I have a Fuse which I made knifeless and added ex-Rebar saw and file.  The OP hasn't yet said what broke but I would be devastated if my Fuse broke and I couldn't repair it myself.  I wish I had a Blast.  Actually there is one new in a store nearby but I can't justify the price being asked.

My other thought is why oh why does LM retire tools that continue to have a USP.  While I have reservations about plastic inserts I have to accept, compared with Rebar, the handles are very comfortable.  Wave handles are also very comfortable but why so little tool space?  :rant:.  OK, the answer is in what I said.

I think the OP has a choice, make the make the most of the warranty service however that would be fulfilled,  or move on in the marketplace.

We all know there is no such thing as a perfect MT. Just quite a few great MTs, but different.

I've read in posts about a warranty return being marked as "sentimental".  What effect does that have?

If they mark the tool as sentimental and leatherman is not able to repare it, they will send it back to you rather than replacing it

us Offline Ashley

• AKA Knife Crazied
Reply #10 on: March 03, 2015, 06:57:24 PM

If they mark the tool as sentimental and leatherman is not able to repare it, they will send it back to you rather than replacing it
Exactly I did this and they couldn't fix it so sent me back the broke tool.

us Offline sergemaster

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: March 04, 2015, 02:09:03 AM
Amici,
I still like and carry the Blast.. I actually still have my original BO finished one still with my Mark IV all purpose combat knife from my ground pounding days. Both tools are still together in a custom made leather sheath I had put together for me back during those days..

Still a phenomenal and very useful tool and not too bad regarding weight. Even better, they're still found on the secondary market at a fair price..

Cheers,
Serge
'I will NOT be threatened by a walking Meatloaf!!' - D. Kessler

us Offline Obi1shinobee

Reply #12 on: March 11, 2015, 04:43:58 AM
Be better with another Blast :whistle:

TRY REBLASTER..  :rofl:

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #13 on: April 19, 2015, 02:51:30 PM
I got a Rebar from Leatherman when I sent my Blast in for warranty work.  I sure miss the scissors!
Barry

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD