Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Non-Multitool/sak collecting, something different

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Non-Multitool/sak collecting, something different
on: March 03, 2015, 03:31:55 PM
What's something else that you collect that isn't a Multitool, sak, or flashlight? I really don't have a collection of anything, well besides a few years of magazines I can't find myself to throw away, cause well they got info in them :whistle: ..
    Anyway, I was thinking of getting into something but what, it's gotta be something cheap, or else it would have been all SAK's. Anyone into comics? Not like superman, but maybe like punisher, tomb raider, or Indiana jones? I just have no clue  how it works or where to start?
JR
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 03:53:49 PM by MadPlumbarian »
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Re: Non-Multitool/sak collecting, something different
Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 04:03:49 PM
Easy! What do you like? Don't say purdy gals, SWAMBO will beat the living little-blue-topless-midgets out of you.

Can be anything: bottle caps, lighters, pens, staplers, mugs, bottle openers...

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 05:23:03 PM
Easy! What do you like? Don't say purdy gals, SWAMBO will beat the living little-blue-topless-midgets out of you.

Can be anything: bottle caps, lighters, pens, staplers, mugs, bottle openers...
Idk, and no.. Just something cheap and fig something I could pass on to the kids someday(that they might like) that and could be useful, a comic or book could be entertaining unlike a bottle cap. Idk..
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 05:34:51 PM
Special kinds of money? Coins 2 dollar bills, all that stuff?
I'm a total legend..... in my own mind- Herley

fi Offline Crow

• No Life Club
  • Look at all those shiny sharp things.
Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 08:41:51 PM
You could ask MTo members to send a coin from their country. Or something else...

ca Offline Megan

• Marketing Maven
  • Administrator
  • No Life Club
  • Does your head look like a watermelon?
Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 08:43:01 PM
You could ask MTo members to send a coin from their country. Or something else...

That's a cool idea.
-Megan
Would you like your review featured on http://Multitool.org? Do you have a suggestion to improve the forum or our sites?
Send me a message.

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: March 03, 2015, 08:51:33 PM
Or some of that ridiculous plastic Canadian money :whistle:

ca Offline Megan

• Marketing Maven
  • Administrator
  • No Life Club
Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 08:56:37 PM
-Megan
Would you like your review featured on http://Multitool.org? Do you have a suggestion to improve the forum or our sites?
Send me a message.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #8 on: March 03, 2015, 09:01:28 PM

That's a cool idea.
Yeah huh, that is kinda a cool idea.
JR

au Offline SAKchief

Reply #9 on: March 03, 2015, 09:02:09 PM
Know a guy that collects Soda cans.

Others collect Beer cans

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club

ca Offline Megan

• Marketing Maven
  • Administrator
  • No Life Club
Reply #11 on: March 03, 2015, 09:05:24 PM
Ew. Not me.
-Megan
Send me a message.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #12 on: March 03, 2015, 09:08:09 PM

fi Offline Crow

• No Life Club
  • Look at all those shiny sharp things.
Reply #13 on: March 03, 2015, 09:17:42 PM

That's a cool idea.
Yeah huh, that is kinda a cool idea.
JR
You could make picture frame, where you drop coin inside. So that it layers on top of each others.

gr Offline firiki

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Cats have pocket knives of their own
Reply #14 on: March 03, 2015, 11:07:38 PM
Yes, all those different € euro coins could be of interest. And coins from all over the world too. Or there's post stamps. I've always liked those. I could never really get myself to hunt them down more actively as if that hunt weren't tricky already.

As for comics, they're great it's just that everyone's taste is a personal thing so you never know how they'll end up. I have a few dozens of comics I hope I'll pass down to my son. I think some of them might go unnoticed even though I find them great  :-\

(Image removed from quote.)

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/windsor/leonard-nimoy-remembered-by-canadians-who-spock-5-bills-1.2978637
That kind of looks like a 5€ bill.
Omnia vincit amor. Vae victis.

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #15 on: March 03, 2015, 11:19:09 PM
How about minerals, fossils, dried flowers and leaves, toy soldiers, thimbles, matchboxes, stamps?

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #16 on: March 03, 2015, 11:35:03 PM
Fishing lures. Everything new though. I feel like most the baits I own were designed to catch the shopper more than fish.

Swimbaits and Spro Frogs especially. These are my favorites.

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #17 on: March 04, 2015, 12:47:28 AM
I like the coin idea as well.  I don't really collect anything at this point.  I was collecting various Transformers for a while, but only got one occasionally.  Pretty much everything stopped once I discovered MTs/SAKs, and I only modestly collect MTs. 

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk

K-Tibbs

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #18 on: March 04, 2015, 01:56:25 AM
I thought about this for awhile and I dont have a collection of much.  The closest non tool thing I have is the walking dead comics in hard bound volumes.  10 bound volumes so far covers 200+ of the individual comics.  Ive read them a few times through and for me they are just plain awesome to have around.   :tu:

Oh I almost forgot, I do collect old video games.  Specifically handhelds.  I have all versions of gameboys and multiple of the GBA as they can play any of the game boy cartidges from oldest to newest, and mario is always cool.   :salute:

The original GBA when released did not have a backlit screen, so I have modded all of mine with backlit screens.  I found a guy on a forum who actually makes the custom ribbon cables needed to connect the screens and bought some from him.  Cool mod.  Below are some of the ones I have, these are all GBAs and all modded.  Both my 4 yr old and 12 yr old love them.

PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Reply #19 on: March 04, 2015, 02:01:53 AM
I thought about this for awhile and I dont have a collection of much.  The closest non tool thing I have is the walking dead comics in hard bound volumes.  10 bound volumes so far covers 200+ of the individual comics.  Ive read them a few times through and for me they are just plain awesome to have around.   :tu:

Oh I almost forgot, I do collect old video games.  Specifically handhelds.  I have all versions of gameboys and multiple of the GBA as they can play any of the game boy cartidges from oldest to newest, and mario is always cool.   :salute:

The original GBA when released did not have a backlit screen, so I have modded all of mine with backlit screens.  I found a guy on a forum who actually makes the custom ribbon cables needed to connect the screens and bought some from him.  Cool mod.  Below are some of the ones I have, these are all GBAs and all modded.  Both my 4 yr old and 12 yr old love them.

(Image removed from quote.)

You don't play pokemon do you? :pok:

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #20 on: March 04, 2015, 02:07:09 AM

Funny you should ask, my 12 yr old got me into playing it a few months ago.  I kept telling him I cant figure out this pokemon thing, then he gets me playing one.  Ive since bought original versions of all the GB and GBA cartiridges released, and soldered in fresh batteries.   So far Ive only played through emerald though... but I did go so far as to buy some extra gadget thing to scan a card to unlock some island.  Next im playing pokemon yellow as its good and old.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 02:09:13 AM by Syph007 »
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Reply #21 on: March 04, 2015, 02:24:42 AM

Funny you should ask, my 12 yr old got me into playing it a few months ago.  I kept telling him I cant figure out this pokemon thing, then he gets me playing one.  Ive since bought original versions of all the GB and GBA cartiridges released, and soldered in fresh batteries.   So far Ive only played through emerald though... but I did go so far as to buy some extra gadget thing to scan a card to unlock some island.  Next im playing pokemon yellow as its good and old.

Pokemon yellow basically was my childhood :rofl:, I loved that game! I downloaded one of the emulators so I can play it on my Android as well as some of the GBA ones

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #22 on: March 04, 2015, 02:26:47 AM

You don't play pokemon do you? ok:

Pokemon yellow basically was my childhood :rofl:, I loved that game! I downloaded one of the emulators so I can play it on my Android as well as some of the GBA ones
Higgins. WE ARE THE SAME PERSON.

I had a Purple/Clear game boy color with yellow version. I still have it, but the emulator on a Note 3 is AWESOME.

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Reply #23 on: March 04, 2015, 02:29:46 AM

I had a Purple/Clear game boy color with yellow version. I still have it, but the emulator on a Note 3 is AWESOME.

If I remember correctly mine was a tealish colored one, which I kept until I got a blue SP. I got sapphire and fire red too, but they still weren't as gripping as the first play through of yellow as a kid.

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #24 on: March 04, 2015, 02:32:34 AM

If I remember correctly mine was a tealish colored one, which I kept until I got a blue SP. I got sapphire and fire red too, but they still weren't as gripping as the first play through of yellow as a kid.
Totally agree.

Not gonna lie....within the first week of playing; my cousin came down from Atlanta and we traded some pokemon from game to game. So I beat yellow version with a MewTwo....

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Reply #25 on: March 04, 2015, 02:37:14 AM

Totally agree.

Not gonna lie....within the first week of playing; my cousin came down from Atlanta and we traded some pokemon from game to game. So I beat yellow version with a MewTwo....

I wasn't very tactful in the building of my team hahaha. Something like Nidoking, Pidgeot, Snorlax, Articuno, Moltres, Pikachu maybe? I remember that Nidoking and Pidgeot did most of the heavy lifting :facepalm:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #26 on: March 04, 2015, 03:34:39 AM
I like the coin idea as well.  I don't really collect anything at this point.  I was collecting various Transformers for a while, but only got one occasionally.  Pretty much everything stopped once I discovered MTs/SAKs, and I only modestly collect MTs. 

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk
You too, when I was younger I had two special totes fully loaded with transformers, especially the jets and tanks. another thing I had a LOT of was a FULLY loaded box of "Heman"
JR

spam Offline Fisting_Chili

• No Life Club
Reply #27 on: March 04, 2015, 05:56:01 AM
Knives comics and baseball cards.  Oh...and old cell phones.  I swear i must have at least 7 of those...
“Do not go gentle, into that goodnight.  Rage....RAGE against the dying of the light!"

-Dylan Thomas

Offline sharonfenig

• New User
Reply #28 on: March 04, 2015, 06:16:16 AM

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #29 on: March 04, 2015, 07:07:15 AM
I've seen people collect pennies and acquiring every year as they can.  You sir have a burgeoning pin collection going  :pok:.  I also know someone who collects vintage handkerchiefs.

I have an awesome cast iron collection and an old Coleman stove collection ( I guess ).   

Esse Quam Videri

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD