Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

How are Marbles Knives?

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
How are Marbles Knives?
on: March 03, 2015, 06:00:08 PM
I've found Marbles Knives online and they have an electricians model. Anybody have experience with them? Their prices seem really reasonable.
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Re: How are Marbles Knives?
Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 09:40:02 PM
Link?
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."    **Benjamin Franklin**

us Offline sergemaster

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 12:04:50 AM
Amici,
Marbles knives used to be made in the good old USA until they closed up the majority of their facilities here and moved them overseas to basically Pakistan if I recall correctly.. Fit and finish isn't too bad but basically it's a turkey shoot once you buy one without handling it first. But for the price and if you like stag, I'd give them a shot. You could be pleasantly surprised..

Cheers,
Serge
'I will NOT be threatened by a walking Meatloaf!!' - D. Kessler

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 12:38:15 AM
They're made in China and they're what you would expect for the money.If the one he is asking about was made in the USA,Japan or Germany he may have a decent knife.If he's inquiring about a current production 282 or 305 he has a $10.00 knife.A link would help determine where it was made and it's approximate value.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."    **Benjamin Franklin**

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 03:39:28 AM
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 07:35:39 AM
The Chinese made Marbles slipjoints and fixed blades  are most/very likely made by the same people that make Rough Rider, Bucks, Indian Head, Colt etc... (See SMKW)

You will notice that many/most are identical to RR and I remember  some of the fixed blades that would come with RR boxes and Marbles on the blade a few months ago :D

So, though I do not have any of their slipjoints, the quality is considered generally very good, similar to RR etc..

Choose whichever brand you want to buy.
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%