Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear host, suspended by BBC after 'fracas'

Smashie · 550 · 25736

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Sun 28 Jun 2015
Episode 8
Top Gear, Series 22

This episode of Top Gear features two films that were shot for the last series. In the first film, Jeremy, Richard and James immerse themselves in the lifestyle of the traditional classic car enthusiast. Armed with affordable classics including a Fiat 124 Spyder, a Peugeot 304 Cabriolet and an MGB GT, the trio set off on an adventure that includes brown beer, breakdowns and a hair-raising classic car show.

In the second film, Clarkson, Hammond and May try to become lifestyle leisure enthusiasts with the help of some incredibly cheap lifestyle leisure vehicles. Restricted to a maximum budget of £250, the trio buy three massive mileage SUVs - a Vauxhall Frontera, a Jeep Cherokee and a Mitsubishi Shogun - and then embark on a series of action-packed challenges that include battling with the Stig's 'Leisure Activity Cousin' and a race with terrifying consequences for the loser.
New face....  http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b05n7bnw

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-33197033
James May's next TV role after standing down from Top Gear has been revealed as a new car programme for BBC Two called Building Cars Live.
Springwatch's Kate Humble will co-host along with Ant Antstead, presenter on Channel 4's For the Love of Cars.
The show will go behind the scenes of the UK's car manufacturing industry to explain the science and engineering involved.
It will consist of two 90 minute live episodes and will air in the autumn.
The programmes will track in real time the transformation from raw materials to finished vehicle and will broadcast live from BMW's Mini plant in Oxford.
A press release from the BBC announcing the show included a quote from May saying: "I can't wait to build a car. Live."
There had been speculation over May's future on Top Gear after Jeremy Clarkson was dropped by the BBC in March following a "fracas" with a producer.
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
And so it ended,with a whimper,not a bang

:shrug:
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
I have not seen it yet     :ahhh

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
I have not seen it yet     :ahhh

Yes,you have. Same challenges,same jokes,different cars

And on that bombshell....
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
... well, this coming from JC biggest fun..   >:D    maybe you are just upset because JC was not in...     :rofl: 

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Former Top Gear hosts Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May have signed up to present a new show on Amazon's streaming video service.
The trio will front three series of a new motoring programme for Amazon Prime, with the first season to be made available worldwide in 2016.
The move follows their departure from the hit BBC Two show earlier this year.
Clarkson's contract was not renewed following an "unprovoked physical attack" on a Top Gear producer.
His co-hosts then followed him in leaving the show

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-33715671

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/top-gear-trio-sign-deal-amazon-car-show-100353281.html#xftZyHl

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Re: Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear host, suspended by BBC after 'fracas'
Reply #156 on: November 27, 2015, 07:57:06 AM

hr Offline styx

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #157 on: November 27, 2015, 02:37:49 PM
they are back. i wonder if they will be even more crass
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #158 on: November 27, 2015, 10:55:33 PM
they are back. i wonder if they will be even more crass
Probably. I bet it will be, since Clarkson's company is handling production. Ill probably watch it, as I really enjoyed Top Gear, as I enjoyed the humor, even if it lacked class
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #159 on: February 04, 2016, 02:05:22 PM
apparently they want to turn it into Top Gear USA   :facepalm:

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2016/feb/04/matt-leblanc-to-co-present-top-gear-bbc-chris-evans

Matt LeBlanc to co-present Top Gear alongside Chris Evans

The former Friends actor Matt LeBlanc will be the new co-presenter of Top Gear, the BBC has announced.

The actor, who also starred in the BBC series Episodes, will join Chris Evans, who took over after Jeremy Clarkson’s exit. LeBlanc has previously appeared on the show as a guest.

“Matt’s a lifelong fellow petrolhead and I’m thrilled he’s joining Top Gear. Acting out our craziest car notions on screen is a dream job and I know we’ll both be debating some epic road trip ideas. We can’t wait to share what we’ve been up to on screen later this year,” Evans said.

LeBlanc said: “As a car nut and a massive fan of Top Gear, I’m honoured and excited to be a part of this iconic show’s new chapter. What a thrill.”

He later tweeted: “I love the show. Should be fun.”

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #160 on: February 04, 2016, 02:17:12 PM
I've got to admit I didn't see that coming.  I'll reserve judgment until I've see how he does.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #161 on: February 04, 2016, 07:25:16 PM
....if only it had been Jennifer Aniston :dd:

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #162 on: February 04, 2016, 11:19:37 PM
I can't say as I'm surprised- Matt Leblanc has been more than a guest on the show, he came back to do an extra bit where he (supposedly) flew to the Top Gear track to drive a car around the track then immediately flew back to California.

Also, he has experience with UK TV shows, having starred in Episodes as a US actor trying to fit in on a British TV show.  Plus, with the failure of Top Gear USA, this might pick up more fans on this side of the pond.

I wouldn't have guessed they'd do it, but Matt Leblanc would certainly be on the short list of American celebrities that would make the list.

Many US actors pretend they are aware of Top Gear when they appear on the show, but you can tell they probably didn't even know that other countries even had their own media industries....

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Reply #163 on: February 04, 2016, 11:53:22 PM
apparently they want to turn it into Top Gear USA   :facepalm:

OH THE HORRORRRRRRRRR
I'm a total legend..... in my own mind- Herley

hr Offline styx

Reply #164 on: February 05, 2016, 07:52:54 AM
this makes me want to watch at least a few episodes

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

no Offline Grathr

Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear host, suspended by BBC after 'fracas'
Reply #165 on: February 05, 2016, 08:06:05 AM
this makes me want to watch at least a few episodes

And there is the answer.
New top gear need to be different from old top gear, but most importantly they have to get viewers. The show can be awesome, but if noone watches it, it will flop. (Firefly)
A lot of people on both sides of the atlantic are curious about it now, much more  than when there was talk of Coultard and Sabine.

And Episodes was hillarious :D
-Knívleysur maður er lívleysur maður.
 "A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" old Faroese proverb.

mc Offline Gerhard Gerber

• No Life Club
Reply #166 on: February 05, 2016, 08:06:17 AM
The "news" about Chris Evans puking, and now this.......has me dubious.

The original trio was everyman with all our imperfections, now a millionaire DJ and Mr Handsome Movie Star......  :think:

I'll give them a fair shake, but I'm expecting to dislike it as much as TG USA......

What I want to know is when can I see what Clarkson, Hammond and May have been up to!
In my perfect world they would do  something like the TG Specials exclusively........

no Offline Grathr

Reply #167 on: February 05, 2016, 08:11:10 AM

The original trio was everyman with all our imperfections, now a millionaire DJ and Mr Handsome Movie Star......  :think:

I'll give them a fair shake, but I'm expecting to dislike it as much as TG USA......

What I want to know is when can I see what Clarkson, Hammond and May have been up to!
In my perfect world they would do  something like the TG Specials exclusively........

Unfortunately only on Amazon prime.
Im not even sure I can get that here. :(
-Knívleysur maður er lívleysur maður.
 "A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" old Faroese proverb.

• No Life Club
Reply #168 on: February 05, 2016, 10:12:14 AM

Unfortunately only on Amazon prime.
Im not even sure I can get that here. :(

I'm a 3rd world pirate, I get everything for free  :whistle:

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #169 on: February 05, 2016, 10:38:04 AM
 :D :D :D

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #170 on: February 05, 2016, 11:55:20 AM

Excellent point, and possibly why Top Gear USA failed- one was a race car driver, one was a (reasonably) famous actor/comedian, and the other was an annoying know it all, but not in a good way.

Plus I didn't like the way they gave each of them an identity (The Driver, The Wrecker, The Expert) which the presenter was then required to live up to.  That severely limited each one really. 

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #171 on: February 05, 2016, 12:11:16 PM
Im not a fan of evans  :-\ think ill watch the original cast  :salute:

hr Offline styx

Reply #172 on: February 05, 2016, 03:08:05 PM
ohh I'm gonna follow the original crew. is there such a thing as too many good car shows?

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #173 on: February 06, 2016, 01:39:01 PM
it might be interesting, but it won't be Top Gear without the other buffoons at the helm.
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

nl Offline anditsgone

Reply #174 on: February 07, 2016, 03:44:23 PM
I didn't really liked top gear for the past 3 years anymore because the only ruined classic cars and did over the top tests.

I guess that because they want their audience back and because their budget has been tripled they will be wrecking even more classic cars and will be doing even more stupid tests. :facepalm:

I am not sure but i don't think top gear will ever be as good as it once was.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #175 on: February 07, 2016, 04:46:51 PM
I didn't really liked top gear for the past 3 years anymore because the only ruined classic cars and did over the top tests.

I guess that because they want their audience back and because their budget has been tripled they will be wrecking even more classic cars and will be doing even more stupid tests. :facepalm:

The same thing happened to Mythbusters IMHO.

Def

nl Offline anditsgone

Reply #176 on: February 07, 2016, 04:52:29 PM

The same thing happened to Mythbusters IMHO.

Def

Yep, i also stopped watching that.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #177 on: February 07, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
After the Build Team was given their walking papers the show got better, but I think by then the magic was gone.

Def

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #178 on: February 10, 2016, 03:15:17 PM
My favourite top gear episodes were the specials and the regulars where they do something crazy like build a hovercraft, space shuttle, go to the magnetic north pole, etc.  :whistle:

What? Build team gone?!  :ahhh I still need to watch seasons 4-15!  :ahhh
Spoilers...  :o
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

• No Life Club
Reply #179 on: February 11, 2016, 10:24:56 AM
.......Sure you don't need a few more presenters?
“We are very proud to announce that racing driver Sabine Schmitz, YouTube star Chris Harris, F1 pundit Eddie Jordan and motoring journalist Rory Reid will join Chris Evans, Matt LeBlanc and of course, The Stig,”
:rofl:

I like Sabine  :tu:  :D

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44