Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear host, suspended by BBC after 'fracas'

Smashie · 550 · 25745

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
I'd always assumed that his persona on the show was just that- TV Clarkson. 

If it turns out that is really the way he is then I'm surprised this hasn't happened sooner.

Def

I'd heard both versions of this from "people who know people".  Some say that's exactly what he's like, others say it's all done as a TV character. :shrug:  I suspect the truth is, as always, somewhere in the middle.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
I like him. I think he's funny.   But then I don't have to work with him.  If I had to deal with him on a daily basis I imagine I wouldn't be quite so amused.

That having been said, if I was paid like James May and Richard Hammond I think I'd put up with an awful lot.

Like him or hate him,  the very fact that we are here discussing this predicament is proof that he has what it takes to be on TV, and that he won't be down long,  whether it be a return to Top Gear or whether he turns another show on another network into Top Gear.

I'm surprised that his very edgy humor hasn't upset the stuffed shirts at the BBC mush sooner to be honest.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Considering some of the things I've said about Top Gear here,I will speak up on behalf of the big ape.

I met him at work a lot of years ago,round the time that Top Gear was really hitting the big time. He was absolutely great with tons of people asking for autographs,and just as wanting to say hi(as well as two shop staff who are apparently worthy :whistle: :angel:)

The other thing thing is to look at the documentaries he's done about Arnham and the Artic Convoys. He's not the dumb baboon he acts on TG. The other point is,if you ever watch the footage of him punching Piers Morgan,well,he punches like a girl!

----
There's a lot of really stupid stuff he's done,and the BBC really should have done more about it in the past. Let's wait and see what the facts are here
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

gb Offline Philby

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Stewart Lee has aged.... a lot.
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

gb Offline greenbear

• Outdoorsy type and over-opinionated buffoon
Considering some of the things I've said about Top Gear here,I will speak up on behalf of the big ape.

I met him at work a lot of years ago,round the time that Top Gear was really hitting the big time. He was absolutely great with tons of people asking for autographs,and just as wanting to say hi(as well as two shop staff who are apparently worthy :whistle: :angel:)

The other thing thing is to look at the documentaries he's done about Arnham and the Artic Convoys. He's not the dumb baboon he acts on TG. The other point is,if you ever watch the footage of him punching Piers Morgan,well,he punches like a girl!

----
There's a lot of really stupid stuff he's done,and the BBC really should have done more about it in the past. Let's wait and see what the facts are here

I have to agree, in part, Kirk (your fault again etc :)) his documentaries are excellent, and whilst I don't like him on Top Gear I am sure a lot of what the TV viewers see is a manufactured persona as you say. I suspect the BBC has put up with his shenanigans because of the huge viewing figures, but if has punched another member of staff and is to be forgiven what message does that give out?  The BBC already has a lot of explaining to do about their apparent historical disregard of sexual abuse, is that misguided leniency to be extended to violence? I sincerely hope not.  Our TV licences pay for these people and they should set a good example  :)

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice

----

I have to agree, in part, Kirk (your fault again etc :)) his documentaries are excellent, and whilst I don't like him on Top Gear I am sure a lot of what the TV viewers see is a manufactured persona as you say. I suspect the BBC has put up with his shenanigans because of the huge viewing figures, but if has punched another member of staff and is to be forgiven what message does that give out?  The BBC already has a lot of explaining to do about their apparent historical disregard of sexual abuse, is that misguided leniency to be extended to violence? I sincerely hope not.  Our TV licences pay for these people and they should set a good example  :)

Oh,I fully agree with you there Greenbear! Aunty Beeb has let Britain down on a number of issues. And yes,if Jezza is guilty of assault,then he should recieve the appropriate punishment
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/jeremy-clarkson-suspended-star-wanted-5314713
according to an onlooker:

-The witness, who did not want to be named, said: “When they arrived just after 10pm Clarkson got angry.

“It was more like a scuffle. But he did swear using every bad word you could think of.

“The producer stood there looking quiet and embarrassed. He was being blamed for not arranging hot food.

“The general manager ended up cooking himself for the three presenters.”

His co-stars sat in the Brasserie looking on in shock and a blond man tried to placate the star as he argued about the lack of food. The bar reportedly went quiet as he started to swear.

The local, who did not wish to be named, said “apparently they all left the next day and Clarkson apologised”.

Another local said: “He didn’t like the idea of sandwiches and demanded the juicy steak. He got his own way.”

However the fracas looks unlikely to result in police action – unless a complaint is made.

North Yorkshire Police said in a statement: “There has been suggestions that the alleged ‘fracas’ occurred in the Hawes area.

"We can confirm that no complaints have been reported to North Yorkshire Police.”

My comment is:
The feeling/atmosphere/signs around this is that the new BBC Director wants to get rid of Clarkson as he is not PC (he did pull out the remaining episodes which were paid for by the BBC, for no real reason..) and even Clarkson himself may be actually wanting to leave and do some other show, as his contract does end at the end of the month. The actual amount of punching/pushing/swearing is not clear, but it is not in any way justified.

And, I really do not think that the BBC covering their stars that abused children is on the same level/planet as them keeping Clarkson on Top Gear... Nor that they will be forgiven for that if they are seen taking action against Clarkson now.

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
He probably just had a long day at work and was smurfed off that he couldn't get the steak. I don't watch TG much but are they pulling the remaining episodes from this season or pulling the series for good?
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

gb Offline Cupboard

• No Life Club
he's a racist, sexist bigoted monkey and I'd quite like to see him gone anyway. If he punched someone or there was some sort of assault he definitely needs to go.

Quite what the hundreds of thousands of thousands of people that have signed the petition to keep him regardless of any guilt are thinking I do not know.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
or, he is a man's man, that speaks his own mind, sleeps around a lot  :D (ask his wife...) and is different from all the PC non-offensive, lets pretend everybody loves everybody type of presenters everywhere... :D

Depens on how everybody sees it, and whether he hit someone or not

Even the PM joined in and this has now turned all political, left Vs right.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 01:33:22 PM by dks »

gb Offline greenbear

or, he is a man's man, that speaks his own mind, sleeps around a lot  :D (ask his wife...) and is different from all the PC non-offensive, lets pretend everybody loves everybody type of presenters everywhere... :D

Depens on how everybody sees it, and whether he hit someone or not

Even the PM joined in and this has now turned all political, left Vs right.

Nah, Cameron made it quite clear the other morning he is not going to get involved. No politics there at all  :)

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
... if it gets (too) political we will not be able to discuss it here   :ahhh   

:D 

Apparently they are now hacking the BBC webpage, so as to complain.

gb Offline greenbear

... if it gets (too) political we will not be able to discuss it here   :ahhh   

:D 

Apparently they are now hacking the BBC webpage, so as to complain.

It won't - there are no politics involved  ::)

hr Offline styx

• Absolutely No Life Club
so is Clarkson sacked or not?

And here is another question, who didn't see Top Gear getting pulled off air for some reason after the Argentina fiasco?
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

gb Offline greenbear

so is Clarkson sacked or not?

And here is another question, who didn't see Top Gear getting pulled off air for some reason after the Argentina fiasco?

Apparently he is summoned to a "hearing" to discuss it all over the next couple of weeks.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Like him or hate him I have to point out that you can't argue with the fact that we are discussing what is happening and that is proof that as a media personality he is a hot commodity.

And I will say it's refreshing to hear a controversy about someone who (again,  like him or not) had actually done and contributed something, unlike any of the Kardashians or Paris Hilton, or says and does dumb things just to get noticed like Kanye West.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
I do not want to upset you Grant, but I do not want to see any home movies of Jeremy, whilst the Kardashians and Paris can make all the "special" home movies they want.....

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Suuuure you don't want to see Jeremy in a home movie.

Apparently old guys making those kinds of videos are all the rage since Hulk Hogan did his.

And wait till you see mine!  :-P

Def

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Given the choice I may have suggested some other member of the MTO core team for movies... but I am sure the ladies will appreciate your film  :salute: 
maybe this will be the way to attract more female members, so go for it  :pok:    :tu:   :salute:  use a lot of soft focus
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 05:02:09 PM by dks »

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
You are right, Nikola is much prettier than I am but we have scheduling conflicts with him and the film crew.

Def

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Its not the looks; its mainly the lack of body hair. Maybe if you shaved...  :whistle:   

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
It's cold here.

Def

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Our love and admiration will warm you up  :drink:   (I am drinking a bit...)

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
So we've managed to go from Clarkson to a hairless Def.....  This might be disturbing even for us! :rofl:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Well at my age I can tell you that while the video may be repugnant it is not likely to be long. ...

Def

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"

Bring back Oz and James's Big Wine Adventure!!!    :woohoo:

- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

gb Offline Philby

Suuuure you don't want to see Jeremy in a home movie.

Apparently old guys making those kinds of videos are all the rage since Hulk Hogan did his.

And wait till you see mine!  :-P

Def
image.jpg
* image.jpg (Filesize: 9.39 KB)

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Well I guess he has quit, and the show has been cancelled for good. :(

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
 ???    ??? 

Where did you see that Derec?

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%