Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Single AA or AAA battery case???

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Single AA or AAA battery case???
on: March 10, 2015, 08:08:58 PM
I have been wanting to get a single AA and a single AAA (preferably with keychain attachment) to carry a extra cell with me. I cannot find any single cases at all. Does anyone know where I could possibly find something like this? I vaguely remember someone mentioning using a old chap stick case for a single cell holder (I think).  :think:
I'm the milk man!

us Offline eddie1115

• No Life Club
Re: Single AA or AAA battery case???
Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 08:48:52 PM
I believe County Comm has some made of delrin (with place to attach a keyring), but I have no experience with them.  I used to carry a plastic-wrapped AAA in my watch pocket, but found my uses didn't really warrant a spare battery on my person.

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 09:51:43 PM
I believe County Comm has some made of delrin (with place to attach a keyring), but I have no experience with them.  I used to carry a plastic-wrapped AAA in my watch pocket, but found my uses didn't really warrant a spare battery on my person.

Correct. Endtimesreport used to have them too but they don't seem to stock CC items anymore. :-\

http://www.countycomm.com/batterylocker.html

http://www.countycomm.com/batterylockeraaa.html

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 10:28:53 PM
Just what I am looking for. Has anyone ever ordered from them before? I seem to remember hearing their name before, but have never ordered anything from them.
I'm the milk man!

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 10:36:51 PM
I haven't as they don't ship internationally and I've always used endtimesreport to buy their stuff before.

They're known for HUGE postage prices for US shipments and not so fast shipping times but they do deliver and most of the stuff they carry no one else does. :-\ So people usually either order a bunch of gear to save on shipping or a few people join up and split the shipping costs.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 10:39:24 PM
Hey Capt what about just carrying an inexpensive light with the same cell size as your primary light?  Great side bonus is if your need a second light you're all set. 

I carry 2 AA or 2 AAA lights with me.  I carry a Thrunite t10 and a Olight I2 eos or Thrunite Tis and 4 sevens P0.

I think shipping from county comm is expensive no matter what you order.     
Esse Quam Videri

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #6 on: March 10, 2015, 11:37:24 PM
Hey Capt what about just carrying an inexpensive light with the same cell size as your primary light?  Great side bonus is if your need a second light you're all set. 

I carry 2 AA or 2 AAA lights with me.  I carry a Thrunite t10 and a Olight I2 eos or Thrunite Tis and 4 sevens P0.

I thought about that and forgot to mention it in the original post. One reason I would not want to do that is parasitic drain. While not really much of a issue it is apparent. I also do not want to leave a light I never use with a battery in it. I do not think I have any secondary lights that are almost the same size as the battery. I'm not sure what I will do though. I'm so indecisive and i'm not trying to spend $20-$30 to carry a spare battery.
I'm the milk man!

nl Offline bmot

• No Life Club
  • Don't judge a tool by it's brand
Reply #7 on: March 10, 2015, 11:53:25 PM

I thought about that and forgot to mention it in the original post. One reason I would not want to do that is parasitic drain. While not really much of a issue it is apparent. I also do not want to leave a light I never use with a battery in it. I do not think I have any secondary lights that are almost the same size as the battery. I'm not sure what I will do though. I'm so indecisive and i'm not trying to spend $20-$30 to carry a spare battery.

I think in the AAA size they're quite findeable... Also, wouldn't the parasitic drain be fixed by a plastic/cardboard disk in the tailcap? That way you can still use it if your main light breaks, and you have a nice way of carrying the spare battery. Something like the Fenix E01 comes to mind :) Sure there's AA lights with similar qualities to that.
A knife-carrying guide for the international traveller. : http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,47532.0.html

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #8 on: March 11, 2015, 12:27:20 AM
Yes I'd think a cardboard piece would prevent parasitic drain.  As far as cheap options I'm not sure what would be good.  I've got the Tis for under $10 and the I3 for $20 which by the way is a superb light.  I think $20 would be max and I'm sure the chinese sellers have cheaper ones.  I've seen the EO1 for as low as $10.   

I hear you tho in not wanting to spend a bunch on a battery carrier. 

Esse Quam Videri

00 Offline av8r1

Reply #9 on: March 11, 2015, 12:49:41 AM
What about this:  http://www.amazon.com/Bluecell-Converter-Adapter-Battery-Storage/dp/B0069YEOPS/ref=sr_1_56?ie=UTF8&qid=1426031256&sr=8-56&keywords=battery+case

They're AAA to AA adapters and a 4-shot box.  You could pull the metal contacts out and replace them with a little epoxy.
My EDC:
Leatherman Skeletool   Led Lenser P3 AFS P
Leatherman Style CS    "Fauxton"
Sharpie Twin Tip           Bic Mini

gb Offline Dr Gonzo

Reply #10 on: March 22, 2015, 09:29:34 PM
How about a DCT (Deep Carry Tube)

http://www.survivaldepot.co.uk/product/dct

or a Go Tube

http://www.oscardelta.co.uk/Go_Tubes.html

Vigilant Gear is your side of the pond and has these ;)

http://www.vigilantgear.com/concealment/
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 09:36:07 PM by Dr Gonzo »
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%