Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What is your most used/carried multitool?

ca Offline Leathermended It!

• Leatherman Core EDCr
What is your most used/carried multitool?
on: March 20, 2015, 11:10:40 PM
What tool of yours has been carried or used most? I am interested in hearing and seeing tools that have been to hell and back! I circulate my gear a lot, but I have been carrying a Black Oxide Rebar for about 6 months straight (I know,that's not long at all.). I love seeing the awesome wear that tools pick up over hard use. You don't have to have a tool for years to develop a bond with it. I just want to see some well loved MTs. Pics would be great too!

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: What is your most used/carried multitool?
Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 11:20:08 PM
Carried my original LM PST for almost 20 years everyday for work until I got a Rebar late last year. Still works fine, some of the bits are a bit tired but still serviceable.

• Leatherman Core EDCr
Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 11:34:27 PM
Carried my original LM PST for almost 20 years everyday for work until I got a Rebar late last year. Still works fine, some of the bits are a bit tired but still serviceable.

(Image removed from quote.)

I love the look of those classic LM Sheaths. I really wish that they still produced the black leather with yellow text sheaths. My dad had a PST given to him back when we lived on a ranch. He loved it until he lost it out in the field. I bought him a Wingman for this past christmas. He loves it, especially the rounded handles.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 12:02:49 AM
Very good question.  I suppose my most used tool would be my old LM Supertool.  It was my first quality MT and I carried it for around 6-7 years straight.  Sadly, I then found this place and the rest, as they say, is history. :doh:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #4 on: March 21, 2015, 12:19:09 AM
Great question.  I do rotate my carry, but since getting my ST300, I've been carrying and using that heavily.  I can see this getting carried mostly from now on too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #5 on: March 21, 2015, 12:20:47 AM

I love the look of those classic LM Sheaths. I really wish that they still produced the black leather with yellow text sheaths. My dad had a PST given to him back when we lived on a ranch. He loved it until he lost it out in the field. I bought him a Wingman for this past christmas. He loves it, especially the rounded handles.

I have a thing for the old sheaths myself.  They still can be found on Ebay.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #6 on: March 21, 2015, 03:15:10 AM
Well my most used is a Leatherman Knifeless Fuse. However, my second most used would be a Leatherman MUT. The MUT is my motorcycle companion, but now it will do double duty as part of my range kit.

A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #7 on: March 21, 2015, 03:57:48 AM
With a man whose leatherman collection is sizeable even compared to the actual shop on oregon.....

It's awesome to see what you carry Chako!

What light is that on the side?

us Offline Kampfer

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #8 on: March 21, 2015, 04:11:27 AM
Between 2001 to 2014, I carry this everyday and use the hell out of it, and I will continue to carry it as long as I have it.
EDC: Black Talon, Black Cat, Spirit, LD02

• Leatherman Core EDCr
Reply #9 on: March 21, 2015, 05:03:36 AM
Great question.  I do rotate my carry, but since getting my ST300, I've been carrying and using that heavily.  I can see this getting carried mostly from now on too.

I am really looking at buying an ST300. How often do you find it's extra heft over a Rebar useful? I'd like to carry one, but I haven't found much that my Rebar can't handle.

Well my most used is a Leatherman Knifeless Fuse. However, my second most used would be a Leatherman MUT. The MUT is my motorcycle companion, but now it will do double duty as part of my range kit.

Interesting choices. You carry knifeless for work reasons, or? Does the mut have enough tools for a motorcyle MT?

00 Offline av8r1

Reply #10 on: March 21, 2015, 07:22:18 PM
Mine is definitely my Skeletool.  Wish I could give you a picture of a beat up and world worn skele, but they just warranty replaced it.  It's on my hip every day of every month of every year.
My EDC:
Leatherman Skeletool   Led Lenser P3 AFS P
Leatherman Style CS    "Fauxton"
Sharpie Twin Tip           Bic Mini

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #11 on: March 22, 2015, 02:33:50 PM

I am really looking at buying an ST300. How often do you find it's extra heft over a Rebar useful? I'd like to carry one, but I haven't found much that my Rebar can't handle.
I personally don't have a Rebar, but have handled one before.  The extra weight doesn't bother me, as I prefer the slightly bigger tool.  Since they are so similar, and if the Rebar does what's needed of it, you might not find benifit to getting an ST300.

us Offline Mike 208

Reply #12 on: March 22, 2015, 08:20:37 PM
My most carried multi tool is my SA Classic (in blue) on my keychain.  Next would be the Leatherman Core (carry it everyday while at work).  Away from work, in addition to the Classic, I carry either a SA Explorer Plus with Nano light, a Swiss-Tech Utili-key with an old Camillus 1.5" lock blade knife with Photon light, or an old M4 Sebertool attached to a Cold Steel Urban Pal and Photon light.  Over the years, I've gathered up quite a few knives, mini tools and lights.  I buy them thinking about how good these tools will be, then something else gets my interest, and these items get put away in a drawer.  I recently dug some of these items out, and started putting them together for possible EDC.  Some of these items have no multi tools attached (such as the SOG Fusion Micron Tanto knife [a free gift for taking a survey] mated to a Photon light - very small, lightweight and flat carrying).  These days, I seem to be more interested in pocket carry options than belt carry (I wear a 25 - 30 lbs. belt at work - it gets old). 

« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 08:44:05 PM by Mike 208 »

gb Offline Biker_Bob

Reply #13 on: March 23, 2015, 10:28:33 AM
Leatherman Crunch (modified for UK EDC)
Victorinox Signature Lite II
Hex bits (PZ 0,1,2,3, PH 0,1,2,3, Straight 2,4,6,8mm, Allen 2,3,4,5,5.5,6, 1/4" square adaptor, 8,9,10,12mm 1/4" drive sockets).
That pretty much covers any job that presents itself.

I also have a Juice S2 which I sometimes carry too, but that's only because I like the jewel-like craftsmanship of it - the Crunch does all the heavy lifting.

au Offline TheDude

• "What is the riddle of steel?"
Reply #14 on: March 23, 2015, 12:19:45 PM
My little squirt. A super light weight power house. Now I carry it with my CRKT KERT and a photon. Sometimes with a Spyderco Salt FE.
At work I currently ED a Vic Rescue tool and a Vic Spirit X.
SmallEDC.jpg
* SmallEDC.jpg (Filesize: 111.78 KB)
Eventually even McGyver got himself a Leatherman

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #15 on: March 23, 2015, 12:24:22 PM
Ive carried my swisstech micro max daily since getting it for christmas this year,most carried was my og wave but not uk legal anymore  :-\  spirit lives in my backback daily  :tu:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%