Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Little Bit of Spring Cleaning, Modded Leatherman Tools 3-20-15

us Offline matt2silver

Hey guys I've been working hard to slim down the collection over the last few weeks, and I thought I'd post a few of the things I have left. 

All purchases through paypal, I'll cover Paypal fees and CONUS shipping. 

These items are only listed here on Multitool.org

And don't be afraid to make offers, I'm a pretty easy guy to work with!

I also like to throw in extra goodies with my first few purchases to keep things fun  ;)

Leatherman Crunch > Modded with a Kick Pocket Clip
$80
If your a fan on the Crunch then you'll love having one with a pocket clip.  I did this mod a few years back with the help of Metro and some custom made engineer pliers.  The mod went perfectly and there are no marks on the tool or pivot. The pocket clip is indexed to the side of the handle so there is no side to side play, it is very solid. The internal tool load out was not changed.  I also have have a black leather sheath for this tool that I'd be happy to throw in.  The tool was only carried a few times,  and as such it is still in like new condition.  All internal tools are in great shape and are factory sharp.

Leatherman Rebar > Modded with Wave Plier Head
$30
This tool is brand new save for the switched plier head.  None of the internal tools were changed.  The pivots are in fantastic shape and show no signs of wear from the plier swap.  Pivots were careful tightened and the tool closes and opens in a very firm way (similar to a factory new tool).  The pivots were also set in place with blue Loctite to keep them from working loose over time.

Single Arm Wingman
$15
This little tool was born from spare parts from a mini surge mod I did a while back, think of it as the Leatherman answer to a Swiss Army Knife. This tool includes an outside locking plain edge blade, a pocket clip, and 6 internal tools, (Phillips Driver, Flat Driver, File Combo Tool, Package Opener, Scissors, and Bottle/Can Opener.) All the tools have been carefully arranged in the handle so nothing sticks out or sits proud of the handle scales.  Pivots were carefully tightened to keep tools easy to deploy and blue loctite was used to keep the pivots from working loose over time.  Great tool for days when you still want to have a leatherman in your pocket but you don't want the heft of a plier based multitool.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 04:22:04 AM by matt2silver »

us Offline scattergun13

• No Life Club
  • Wanna give blood? Run from my K9...
I'd like the single arm Wingman if it's still available please.
Stew...
" If it was built by matt2silver then I want2buy it...

Offline puntapret

2nd on the Single Wingman. Been looking for something like this for a while.

us Offline scattergun13

• No Life Club
  • Wanna give blood? Run from my K9...
PM sent on the Rebar as well. I'll buy anything Matt built.
 :cheers: Stew...
" If it was built by matt2silver then I want2buy it...

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Τετραφάρμακος
I would like to add a Kick pocket clip to my Crunch, in order to mount it on the outside of my Skinth. Is it an easy thing to do?
Sorry for off topic, I would buy the half Wingman if others wouldn't be in front of me.

gb Offline tosh

• No Life Club
I must say I really do like the half wingman idea. It looks great :tu:
I don't claim to know it all, but what I do know is right.

us Offline matt2silver

Hey guys, 
Sorry it took me a while to get back to all of you,  I hit the hay earlier last night and have been on the road since about 7 this morning.  As it stands, here are the tools that have sold.

The single arm wingman sold to tallow waters, (sorry Stew, he beat you to it via PM).  If he decideds not to take it you're second in line.

The rebar is going to Stew, I'd be happy to hold it for you until the 25th.

My Paypal email address is Matthew.r.yeomans@gmail.com.  I'll ship as soon as payment comes through, thank you for your interest and purchases guys!!

us Offline matt2silver

I would like to add a Kick pocket clip to my Crunch, in order to mount it on the outside of my Skinth. Is it an easy thing to do?
Sorry for off topic, I would buy the half Wingman if others wouldn't be in front of me.

Hi Kkokkolis,  The mod isn't too hard to do, in fact if you have the right tools it's pretty simple.  Like I said in the post, Metro was a big help to me as he was the first one to do it, but the process is pretty simple.  all you have to do is harvest the special pivot that attaches to the pocket clip from a leatherman kick, you have to shorten it ever so slightly, (less than 1mm if I remember correctly, I just used a file and took my time.  Then you have to remove the pivot from the crunch and then use something like a file or a dremel to make a notch for the pocket clip to index into on the side of the handle.  Once all of that is done you just put the tool back together and you're done.  The only tricky part is making the notch for the pocket clip to index into so it doesn't wiggle side to side,  you have to go slow and make a precise fit otherwise the clip will move side to side once everything is put together. 

If you'd like, I'd be happy to do the mod for you sometime in the future. All you'd have to do is gather up the parts (a crunch, a pocket clip, and a kick) and I'd to the rest.  I'd ask that you cover shipping to and from though.  If you're interested let me know.                                                                                         

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Another option would be to buy yours and sell mine. I'm going to think about it.

Offline puntapret

Is there any tutorial to do the single arm wingman ? Is it hard to mod it ? Thank you

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Little Bit of Spring Cleaning, Modded Leatherman Tools 3-20-15
Reply #10 on: March 23, 2015, 01:04:36 PM
Is there any tutorial to do the single arm wingman ? Is it hard to mod it ? Thank you

A couple of threads, here: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,56409.0.html

and here: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,56587.0.html

Hope that helps.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

Offline puntapret

Reply #11 on: March 23, 2015, 04:01:52 PM
Thank you Gareth

us Offline sawman

• You're amongst friends.
Reply #12 on: March 23, 2015, 04:41:32 PM
When I see that crunch mod I wonder why LM can't do that. They limited their zytel clips to just the Kick which also had no locks. I was conflicted between the Kick and Fuse because of this. Oh, and I miss the zytel. Bring back the Fuse and put a clip on it  :D
SAW

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD