Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Rayovac 1AAA Indestructible LED light, at least $6 worth of fun

us Offline parnass

• No Life Club
  • 4x4 since '74
I don't need another 1AAA twisty  flashlight, but new lights are fun to try out.  With that in mind, I bought this 20 lumen Rayovac 1AAA Indestructible LED flashlight yesterday for about $6 (US) at Home Depot.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Rayovac-Indestructible-1AAA-LED-Key-Chain-DIYKEY-B/205567711

You twist the head to switch the light on and off.  The LED looks a little large than the 5 MM emitters of old and produces a floody pattern without much throw.   It is whiter,  brighter, and much floodier than my Arc AAA-P DS.

The light is made of plastic and there is a rubber overmold at both the head and tail.  It looks like you can abuse it like a rental car.  There is an O-ring on the head, though the light isn't rated as being completely waterproof.

I removed the small split ring which came with the light.  Then, I enlarged the hole in the tail to 3/32" and drilled a second 3/32" hole. Threaded a short length of braided nylon cord through both holes to form a lanyard.

The modified Rayovac tail stands with more stability and there is no metal in the way when holding it between your teeth if required.

I like this little flashlight at least $6 worth.

Retired engineer, author.

A man with one multitool always knows exactly which to use. A man with many multitools is never quite sure. - parnass

00 Offline av8r1

Sometimes, these cheap lights are perfect for the task at hand.  I like having a serious light on my person, but to put one in the car, one in each junk drawer, one in the shed, these'll do nicely.  I like the lanyard!
My EDC:
Leatherman Skeletool   Led Lenser P3 AFS P
Leatherman Style CS    "Fauxton"
Sharpie Twin Tip           Bic Mini

us Online powernoodle

• Absolutely No Life Club
Lights were my first addiction, followed by guns, knives, MTs, Atwood tools, etc.  But yeah, you can get a lot of enjoyment out of an inexpensive light.  Sometimes these budget items are more fun than the spendy stuff.

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Looks good. I lost my stream light nanolight a few days ago.

I can decided to buy something larger (aaa), something cheap, or something bright.

Looks like this may be an answer!

On a side note. What is it with companies making black flashlights, the LAST thing I want to look for in the dark without a light..... is a light.....

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%