Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Umarex Buck Mark .177 Air Pistol VS Browning Buck Mark.22 LR.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
I found a Browning Buck Mark URX air pistol at a local store as I awaited for my RPAL to get the Browning Buck Mark Hunter .22LR to the home. My thought was to do an eventual comparison between them when the time was right...and that time is now.

Lets first talk about the Umarex Buck Mark URX air pistol.

SPECS
Product Group: Air Pistols
Brand: Browning
Velocity (FPS): 320
Caliber: 0.177 (4.5mm)
Ammo Type: Pellets
FPS w/Alloy Pellet: 360
FPS w/Lead Pellet: 320
Barrel Length: 5.25
Total Length (inches): 12
Capacity: 1
Barrel Type: Rifled
Front Sight Type: Fixed
Rear Sight Type: Adjustable
Action: Break Barrel
Safety Type: Automatic
Trigger Pull (lbs): 5.75
Cocking Effort (lbs): 19.8

As I have mentioned, I bought this to will away the time when I could get the real firearm into my house. The thought was to practice using this air pistol until I can shoot the real deal. Well, I am still awaiting the club authorization to transport...so I haven't been able to shoot the real handgun as of yet at the range. I think purchasing this was a good move.

Now that I have both in hand at my house, I can say that the Umarex Buck Mark URX is a very close proximation to the real product. The weight and feel of the handgun is very similar to the Buck Mark Hunter that I bought. The major difference here is in the trigger feel, shape, and of course the cocking lever, as the air pistol is a break barrel springer design. I am actually amazed at how close they got this to the real firearm. Mind you, the air pistol is a single shot, and the rear section that would move backwards does not. The real Buck Mark is a semi-automatic firearm. That is the big difference between the two.

Time to look at the Browning Buck Mark Hunter.

Caliber: 22 LR
Barrel Length: 7 1/4"
Overall Length: 11 5/16"
Weight: 38 oz
Magazine Capacity: 10
Sight Radius: 9 3/4"
Barrel Finish: Matte Blued
Receiver Finish: Matte Black
Front Sight: TruGlo Fiber Optic
Rear Sight: Pro-Target
Barrel Material: Steel
Checkering: None
Receiver Material: Aluminum Alloy
Trigger Finish: Gold Plated
Trigger Guard Finish: Matte Black
Magazine Type: Single Stack
Trigger Material: Alloy
Trigger Guard Material: Alloy

I wanted the longer barrel for target practice, and the Browning Buck Mark Hunter offered just that. It also featured beautiful wooden grips. I did fire someone's older Buck Mark at the range last week, and it only made me hungry to shoot mine sometime sooner than later, I hope. The Buck Mark Hunter is a .22 LR pistol. I attached a small red dot sight onto the provided rail. Interestingly enough, the air pistol features the same rail system...so attaching a red dot sight to it will be very easy.

Here we have the Buck Mark Hunter above, and the Umarex Buck Mark URX on the bottom.

You can see some of the differences, especially in the trigger shape. Other things are down right similar. Note the safety and slide locks on both.

A close look a the safety of the Umarex air pistol. The safety is clearly marked.

On the Browning Buck Mark Hunter, the levers are beefed up, with no markings.

The air pistol featues the URX grip, which has finger grooves, making it a very comfortable ergonomic interface for your hand. There is a Buck Mark symbol on the grip.

On the Hunter, wooden grips without the finger grooves are offered. I didn't find one grip more comfortable than the other. Both fit the hand nicely. The wooden grips feature a laser engraved Buck Mark Symbol.

For a cheap air pistol, the Umarex Buck Mark URX gets a lot of things right, including the rear adjustable sights. Here we see the air pistol on the background, and the firearm in the foreground.

So there you have it, a mini comparison between a real Buck Mark and its air pistol copy.  :salute:

« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 03:10:30 AM by Chako »
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline sawman

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • You're amongst friends.
Air guns are a lot of fun. In my younger years I spent entire summer vacations shooting them - some of my fondest memories :D
SAW

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
I had a Daisy Red Ryder BB gun as child. It was dangerous as quite often, the BBs would bounce off of objects and fly back at you.  :D
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69