Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

thrunight Ti3 or Olight i3s ? help needed

gb Offline Cupboard

• No Life Club
Re: thrunight Ti3 or Olight i3s ? help needed
Reply #30 on: April 18, 2015, 04:37:03 PM
I know this is a bit OT, but the Tube is great. I've been carrying it since it arrive (Tuesday?) and I would rate it as an excellent summer torch. The low mode is just right for trips to the toilet or walking up the path to the front door (I live in the middle of nowhere so it's pretty dark). High lights up a useful amount of stuff.

The tint is a bit blue and it's definitely a floody light, hardly anything in the way of throw but for this sort of light that's what I want. Outside in the dark you can see stuff up to about 10m away I'd guess?

UI works well. If you have it turned on and plug it in to charge the light turns off. If you then unplug it again the light comes back on again in the mode you left it on, so long as that was either high or low. There's a little LED to tell you when it's charging, and that goes out once it's charged.

My only gripe is that there's an annoying amount of side spill in to your eyes. If you hold it the correct way round it's not as bad and I think the black one would be better. It wouldn't have been hard to put a tiny bit more plastic in to cover the sides of the LED slightly.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Re: thrunight Ti3 or Olight i3s ? help needed
Reply #31 on: April 18, 2015, 07:34:08 PM
Damn.  I really think I might have to pick one of these up now.  Even if I don't use it much then I think it would suit my daughter well, she likes to have a torch beside her bed in case she needs to get up but always somehow "forgets" to turn it off.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%