Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

chain letter GAW, see how big this can get !

england Offline Taxi Dad

• No Life Club
chain letter GAW, see how big this can get !
on: April 04, 2015, 01:24:45 PM
here's an idea (it may have been done before, don't shoot me if it has !) but lets see how good this community is and how nicely we can all play.
if I put up an item as a GAW, a 'swiss card' , it's a genuine victorinox. in a box never been used. totally serviceable if that's your want, but does have a company logo on it. someone gave it to me and it'll never be of use to me, so someone wants it it's better there !
if you are a 'collector' this will be almost unique (at least you probably would have trouble finding another )

what got me thinking was that very cruel April fools *joke* about some peoples waste bucket of tools !
I'm sure there is loads of good stuff out there that the owner no longer loves but someone else would ?
so not totally sure how this will pan out but offer something for the swisscard (pic to follow if I can do it on my phone as most here know I'm a bit of a technonumpty, watch this space)
i'll choose something that looks interesting and post the swisscard to that person then they can, instead of sending it to me, start the process again .
postage is down to the person who sends the 'prize' so bear that in mind when making an offer

so is that clear ? you get the swisscard and you do a GAW of something that you don't need/want !
it doesn't need to be fantastic, just something that someone else might fancy owning.
i'll let this run for about a week, then choose something I think lots of people will be interested in.
and remember we all like photos here  ;)
(give me a few minutes and i'll do my best)

england Offline Taxi Dad

• No Life Club
Re: chain letter GAW, see how big this can get !
Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 01:28:48 PM
Hope this works
image.jpg
* image.jpg (Filesize: 293.75 KB)
image.jpg
* image.jpg (Filesize: 269.97 KB)

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 01:29:05 PM
 :popcorn:

england Offline Taxi Dad

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: April 04, 2015, 01:30:45 PM
 :woohoo:
go me !
not as stupid as I look !.......... :facepalm:

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: April 04, 2015, 01:32:12 PM
 :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh

Was looking for a White Swisscard... let me see what I have extra on my shelf.. I just posted a few gifts but should still have some more stuff I could part with...
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

england Offline Taxi Dad

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: April 04, 2015, 01:38:16 PM
would be great to kick off this by sending it to someone who actually wanted it !
find something on the hurry up and we'll get the party started  :tu:

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #6 on: April 04, 2015, 01:46:44 PM
I like the idea :cheers:
As long as everyone is willing to ship worldwide.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 02:03:32 PM by Reinier »
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: April 04, 2015, 01:58:04 PM
Well I have in my shelf these:

And these (the Camper I sold last week):

And these (better photos next week):

I might be able to part with some more stuff such as an Ultrafire flashlight, a hobo knife or an Alox Classic but I kind of like those and it might defeat the purpose.
Can send further a package of 3-4 or any from the above pics.

The kicker: I can only send to Europe...
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: April 04, 2015, 02:04:38 PM
Also... I could ask Cody to post what he has on his no use shelf... sending from Ireland worldwide is easy  :think: stay tuned for more options  ;)

england Offline Taxi Dad

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: April 04, 2015, 02:10:18 PM
all good stuff Corwyn i'll PM you
I need you Address obviously but how about this (I'm making this up as I go on) in the time it takes for the swisscard to reach you, hopefully someone will have made you an offer, and if more than one you choose who to go with , or cheep out and do like I have go with the first on the list !
you've offered up quite a few things, do you want to just let the 'winner' pick an item from your haul , that way you can join in again later if there's something else you see you fancy
(don't go mad and make this to big too quick, all those bits look more than a fair 'trade' to me)

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: April 04, 2015, 02:19:14 PM
so.. about the conditions.. all in first photos are NIB (the Ganzo has a nice cordura sheath), the saks are used but working fine, I could also offer a Maglite Sollitaire, some Spartans...

Some Leathermans could go too, but I was saving them for major GAWs.. not sure what else.. maybe some sheaths... some parts for Vic/Wenger (NIB scales/toothpicks/tweezers)...  :think:

england Offline Taxi Dad

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: April 04, 2015, 02:23:48 PM
slow down man !
it was only meant to b a bit of fun  :salute:
you've taken it to extremes already, typical MTO generosity !, just either pick ONE of your items already shown or let the next person pick and see if their offer is good enough to cover the trade

(don't skin yourself mate)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 02:25:12 PM by Taxi Dad »

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: April 04, 2015, 02:25:37 PM
Thank you Taxi Dad.  :drink: Wonderfull Easter Bunny edc goodness

Yap guys... just say what you need from the photos... and it's on its way to you.
Choose one thing and don't worry: there will be bonuses added  ;)

For the first week this is only available to be sent to the European Union. If noone wants anything in the first week, I'll find a way to ship overseas and open to everybody.

england Offline Taxi Dad

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: April 04, 2015, 02:34:20 PM
with any luck you should have the card in less than a week Corwyn, do your 'pick' and announcement when it arrives perhaps ?

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: April 04, 2015, 02:37:50 PM
Yap, will do. Meanwhile I'll get some more photos of the toys to choose from, maybe add some more options...

ie Offline codymona.jacota

• No Fishing No Life...
Reply #15 on: April 04, 2015, 09:46:42 PM
Very cool indeed lads ill post what i have when i get a bit of time im making rigs now goin fishin tomorrow  :climber: :tu:
Actually Corwin was looking for a swisscard for almost longer than for an opinel 13... :D

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #16 on: April 14, 2015, 10:11:31 PM
I just got the Swisscard. It's absolutely gorgeous. Far prettier than the photos make it seem.
I'll snap some photos soon.
I just realised what a great companion for a Spirit this is.. just amazing...

I am waiting for a package of shinies this week and I'll post something to get this going along.. hope people like something... if not, I have a plan B and a plan C.. I swear on my pretty Swisscard that this chain won't die soon ;-)

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #17 on: April 19, 2015, 05:23:09 PM
First of all, here are the photos of the Swisscard. It's been with me for a week now and I really like it. Put in a few ink stains on it from my wallet, but can't put in away.. good stuff... thank you again TaxiDad

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #18 on: April 19, 2015, 05:55:42 PM
Now... in the spirit of this chain here are some stuff I could part with.
Not sure I understood how this works, but I'm ready to send one (or a package of 2-3 of these to whomever Taxi Dad decides)
Really do hope it can be done within Europe, if not I'd have to take a day off to get to customs, fill in a pile of paperwork then it would take months to reach its destination... but if EU is not an option, that is plan B.  :think:
So, without further ado, and hoping you guys like it:

Columbia Transformer - Chinese crazy knife with an insane locking system. Never used, only sharpened. Includes sheath. Great for your oddities collection.

Ganzo G2020 - Small Ganzo tool, pretty good quality, spring-assisted, rubber handles, BO finish and a great cordura sheath. NIB.

Maglite Sollitaire - branded DG Verlag. Too blind compared to Chinese Stuff, great as a collection piece.

Rolson knife - I just got this in a package. It feels good in hand, nice design, very good clip and feels great in hand. Great colour and to me the nicks give it character. The one thing I don't like is the flimsy linerlock.

Tungsten Adjustable Sharpener - I got this from a fleamarket. It's quite nice, but too aggresive for my saks, and since I have my Lansky don't need it anymore:

Jaguar/cat branded switchblade. Never used, just sharpened. Cute faux-bone scales. Might be for the collection if these are illegal to buy where you are. Comes with sheath.

CCCP branded switchblade. Real beefy knife with good feeling handles. Never used, just sharpened. Might be for the collection if these are illegal to buy where you are. Comes with sheath.

Victorinox Climber - no major flaws, took the best bits out of 3 Climbers to make it:

Victorinox Spartan - like new, amazing snap. Can replace the scales if you want:

Wenger Traveller - good condition, good snap, small crack on the scale.. pretty much all Wengers have that  :-\

LED Headlamp - takes 3 AAA batteries. Three light levels - pretty decent for home reading, light hiking, geocaching. Never used. Got it as a gift for my wife, but she is far too active for such a light... I really must churn out some more pennies for a really bright CREE for her so I never told her about this one.

Offline zimchaz

Reply #19 on: April 19, 2015, 07:52:06 PM
Now... in the spirit of this chain here are some stuff I could part with.
Not sure I understood how this works, but I'm ready to send one (or a package of 2-3 of these to whomever Taxi Dad decides)
Really do hope it can be done within Europe, if not I'd have to take a day off to get to customs, fill in a pile of paperwork then it would take months to reach its destination... but if EU is not an option, that is plan B.  :think:
So, without further ado, and hoping you guys like it:

Columbia Transformer - Chinese crazy knife with an insane locking system. Never used, only sharpened. Includes sheath. Great for your oddities collection.
(Image removed from quote.)

Ganzo G2020 - Small Ganzo tool, pretty good quality, spring-assisted, rubber handles, BO finish and a great cordura sheath. NIB.

Maglite Sollitaire - branded DG Verlag. Too blind compared to Chinese Stuff, great as a collection piece.

Rolson knife - I just got this in a package. It feels good in hand, nice design, very good clip and feels great in hand. Great colour and to me the nicks give it character. The one thing I don't like is the flimsy linerlock.

Tungsten Adjustable Sharpener - I got this from a fleamarket. It's quite nice, but too aggresive for my saks, and since I have my Lansky don't need it anymore:

Jaguar/cat branded switchblade. Never used, just sharpened. Cute faux-bone scales. Might be for the collection if these are illegal to buy where you are. Comes with sheath.

CCCP branded switchblade. Real beefy knife with good feeling handles. Never used, just sharpened. Might be for the collection if these are illegal to buy where you are. Comes with sheath.

Victorinox Climber - no major flaws, took the best bits out of 3 Climbers to make it:

Victorinox Spartan - like new, amazing snap. Can replace the scales if you want:

Wenger Traveller - good condition, good snap, small crack on the scale.. pretty much all Wengers have that  :-\

LED Headlamp - takes 3 AAA batteries. Three light levels - pretty decent for home reading, light hiking, geocaching. Never used. Got it as a gift for my wife, but she is far too active for such a light... I really must churn out some more pennies for a really bright CREE for her so I never told her about this one.
I would love EITHER OF THE SCISSORS  SAKs if someone would be willing to receive a crkt m16 tanto and a streamlight nano key chain light.

I can only really ship to UK though as I have never shipped outside and I'm not that trusting that it will get there...

Anyways up to Corwen and taxi dad if that is ok

Edited (IN BOLD) to clarify that I meant one of the scissors SAKS not all three!
uploadfromtaptalk1429465866351.jpg
* uploadfromtaptalk1429465866351.jpg (Filesize: 43.28 KB)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 09:44:35 PM by zimchaz »

Offline zimchaz

Reply #20 on: April 19, 2015, 07:55:37 PM
Just to say both are used but I will clean them both up and sharpen the knife before I send them.
I would prefer the SAKS with scissors but it is up to you both...
Much love

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #21 on: April 19, 2015, 09:23:11 PM

Taxi Dad can’t get to the Net right now Please leave a message after the beep

Beeeeeep!

(TD will be back as soon as he can)
Everything’s adjustable

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #22 on: April 19, 2015, 11:35:15 PM
If ok i would like the m16 and nano,ive got a new #6 opinel and a early 80's spartan  :tu:

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #23 on: April 19, 2015, 11:41:28 PM
I would love EITHER OF THE SCISSORS  SAKs if someone would be willing to receive a crkt m16 tanto and a streamlight nano key chain light.

I can only really ship to UK though as I have never shipped outside and I'm not that trusting that it will get there...

Edited (IN BOLD) to clarify that I meant one of the scissors SAKS not all three!

For me it's perfect. Unless Taxi Dad minds (but I doubt he will).
Please PM me your address.
I'll send you the Climber. The Traveller is nice too, but its scales are iffy. The Climber is in perfect condition.
Thanks guys for continuing this along.

Offline zimchaz

Reply #24 on: April 19, 2015, 11:44:17 PM
If ok i would like the m16 and nano,ive got a new #6 opinel and a early 80's spartan  :tu:
Brilliant send me a pm Zed with the address and I will get it out as soon as the Climber arrives...

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #25 on: April 19, 2015, 11:50:12 PM
 :tu:

ill add pics tomorrow  :tu: im sure i can find other stuff  :tu:

Offline zimchaz

Reply #26 on: April 19, 2015, 11:50:59 PM

For me it's perfect. Unless Taxi Dad minds (but I doubt he will).
Please PM me your address.
I'll send you the Climber. The Traveller is nice too, but its scales are iffy. The Climber is in perfect condition.
Thanks guys for continuing this along.
PM sent

england Offline Taxi Dad

• No Life Club
Reply #27 on: April 20, 2015, 10:47:27 AM
sorry folks due to personal strife I'm not about much atm I'm afraid. I'm not going to be gone long (I hope)
you seem to have this covered well Corwyn  :tu:
keep spreading the love fellas

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #28 on: April 20, 2015, 11:02:42 AM
We will keep our eye on it Michael  :salute: you take mate,

so im soughted with zimchaz

ive got a early 80's spartan with economy scales no hole in awl and grooved CS,plus ive a newer spartan with old economy scales,i re fitted the CS as removed the phillips,ive also a opinel #6 ,ive also a sportsman ll that i might consider ,ok there's the list ,preferably uk postage but overseas if needed  :tu:

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #29 on: April 20, 2015, 02:18:23 PM
Ok,pics,possibly something here someone is interested in  :tu:

#6 opinel,not used
I.C.A,R GAK
early 80's spartan
wenger pruner
IMG_20150420_131223.jpg
* IMG_20150420_131223.jpg (Filesize: 82.14 KB)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 02:22:31 PM by Zed »

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD