Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

PowerLock: What Models Do I Have?

us Offline JNieporte

PowerLock: What Models Do I Have?
on: April 04, 2015, 11:39:33 PM
Going through some old military stuff, I found some PowerLocks. Among them are some newer ones as well, but nothing has the box to show the model. I'll list what I have below; maybe you can help me with the model number of them. The tool list is shown only to show differences: they all have the file, can opener, saw, etc.:
1. and 2. Have a half-serrated blade, scissors, 1/4" socket adapter, and are both satin finish. I have two of these: one with the gear covers and one without; one with a brown leather snap sheath and one with a black nylon Velcro sheath with plastic belt slot. One has 1/4" hex fasteners and the other has Torx or hex, I forget which. One has the pointier jaw tips, while the other has more flattened jaw tips.
3. Has a half-serrated blade, V-cutter, no gear covers, and is black oxide. Torx / hex fasteners. Black nylon Velcro sheath with plastic belt slot.
4. Has a half-serrated blade, scissors, 1/4" socket adapter, gear covers, and is black oxide. Torx / hex fasteners. Brown leather sheath with black plastic snap.
5. Has a half-serrated blade, V-Cutter, C4 punch, no 1/4" socket adapter, and is black oxide. Torx / hex fasteners. Black nylon sheath.

So, what do I have?
 ;)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 11:45:01 PM by JNieporte »
This is gonna hurt...

us Offline JNieporte

Re: PowerLock: What Models Do I Have?
Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 01:49:47 PM
Additional information:

For the purpose of clarity, I divided numbers 1 and 2 up. The tools are listed in the order they appear in the multi-tool.

1. Has a satin finish and has the following tools...
Side 1: partially-serrated clip point blade, bottle opener / flathead screwdriver, 1/4" socket adapter, scissors.
Side 2: wood saw, awl, medium flathead screwdriver, Phillips screwdriver, can opener / small flathead screwdriver, three-sided file with rounded tip.
The pliers have just one SOG stamp (one on each side of the pliers), and are more flattened than the pointier style. An example of these is the first tool in this image, which belongs to parnass...

My PowerLock does have gear covers. Hiding on the underside of the pliers is the stamp USA on both sides. The wire strippers are on the underside of the plierhead. The tool is held together with 1/4" hex nuts. The sheath is black nylon with a Velcro closure and a black plastic belt keeper that can slide over your belt. The front flap has a small black patch with SOG in white.

2. Has a satin finish and has the following tools...
Side 1: partially-serrated clip point blade, bottle opener / flathead screwdriver, 1/4" socket adapter, scissors.
Side 2: wood saw, awl, medium flathead screwdriver, Phillips screwdriver, can opener / small flathead screwdriver, three-sided file with square tip.
The pliers have just one SOG stamp (one on each side of the pliers), and are more pointy. An example of these are the second and third tools in this image, which belong to parnass...

This PowerLock does have gear covers. There is no USA stamp. The wire strippers are on the underside of the plierhead, and also are below wire crimpers. The tool is held together with hex screws. The sheath is brown leather with a metal snap closure, and metal rivets hold it together. It has SOG Lynwood, WA embossed on the front flap.

3. Has a black oxide finish and has the following tools...
Side 1: partially-serrated clip point blade, bottle opener / flathead screwdriver, 1/4" socket adapter, V-Cutter.
Side 2: wood saw, awl, medium flathead screwdriver, Phillips screwdriver, can opener / small flathead screwdriver, three-sided file with square tip.
The pliers have just one SOG stamp on each side, and are the pointy type. This PowerLock does not have gear covers. There is no USA stamp. The wire strippers are on the underside of the plierhead, and also are below wire crimpers. The tool is held together with hex screws. The sheath is black nylon with a Velcro closure and a black plastic belt keeper that can slide over your belt. The front flap has a small black patch with SOG in white.
4. Is a black oxide finish with the following tools...
The pliers have just one SOG stamp on each side, and are the pointy type. This PowerLock does have gear covers. There is no USA stamp. The wire strippers are on the underside of the plierhead, and are below wire crimpers. The tool is held together with hex screws. The sheath is brown leather with a black plastic snap closure and metal rivets hold it together. SOG is embossed on the front flap. MADE IN USA is embossed on the back.

5. Has a black oxide finish. It has the following tools...
Side 1: partially-serrated clip point blade, can opener / small flathead screwdriver, awl, C4 punch.
Side 2: three-sided file with square tip, bottle opener / flathead screwdriver, Phillips screwdriver, large flathead screwdriver, V-Cutter.
The pliers have four smaller SOG stampings in a circle, and the plier tips are the pointy type. This PowerLock does have gear covers. There is no USA stamp. The wire strippers are on the underside of the plierhead, and are also below the wire crimpers. The tool is held together with hex screws. The sheath is black nylon with a Velcro closure and a black plastic belt keeper that can slide over your belt. The front flap has a small black patch with SOG in white.
This is gonna hurt...

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #2 on: April 05, 2015, 02:32:03 PM
Going by your descriptions, I think they are,
1. Powerlock S60 older version
2. Powerlock S60 new version
3. Powerlock B63
4. Powerlock B61
5. Powerlock B69

That's us mobile
Nate

Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline JNieporte

Reply #3 on: April 05, 2015, 10:55:37 PM
Any way to tell where and / or when they were made? I know some were China and some were Taiwan, but other than the USA stamp on #1, there's no indication.
This is gonna hurt...

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4 on: April 06, 2015, 12:17:14 PM
It is kinda hard to tell. Because  a lot of the USA made ones didn't have a stamp. The original packaging would say if it was made in the US. But as a general rule, the ones made in the US will have a better fit and finish to them.

That's us mobile
Nate

Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline JNieporte

Reply #5 on: April 08, 2015, 12:14:41 PM
What's the difference between the B62 and the B63? I see they both fit the description of what my #3 is.
This is gonna hurt...

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #6 on: April 08, 2015, 01:47:25 PM
The one has a BO finish and the other has a polished finish.

That's us mobile
Nate

Nate

SEND IT!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62